Galvanized tin or plastic tank covers

tamada
udonmap.com

Galvanized tin or plastic tank covers

Post by tamada » June 28, 2018, 12:47 pm

I am cleaning out my water tanks that are made from regular 1.0 m diameter concrete well pipes. Does anyone know a fabricator who can work with galvanized tin to make a couple of caps or tops for these? I would think any of the older companies that still fabricate galvanised guttering would have the material and the ability.

Alternatively, a round plastic basin that could either slip inside (taper down) or outside (taper up) would do the trick. Most rubber or plastic mixing/feeding troughs I have seen at hardware stores aren't round though.

I will check out Ngee Soon @ Nadee as they used to have big stuff in the far back corner but other advice and tips appreciated.

Ta
tam

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Galvanized tin or plastic tank covers

Post by vincemunday » June 28, 2018, 2:45 pm

Just a thought, we bought concrete caps for ours, cost about 300 baht each and you can buy them at most places who sell the rings.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2018, 11:05 am

Thanks vince. These originally had concrete caps but the house residents managed to break them some time in the past when tank access was needed and there was a lack of guidance on how to take them off and lower them to the ground (the two tanks are 3 m high). Then they replaced them with that blue plastic construction mesh with bungy cords around the edges like an old jam jar but the bungees disintegrated quickly, the mesh blew away and nobody was around to tell them to get it sorted.

I had similar tanks on my first build in Naklua and the guy that did the guttering and downspouts also made the caps and they were easy to handle and lasted forever. Hence seeking a old-fashioned galvanized tin basher.

Push comes to shove, I can show them how to put a couple of concrete caps on (again) and hope that they don't need to take them off before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2018, 12:41 pm

Chap across the street was getting some new galvanized tin guttering extended around his house so Mrs tam went and bent the guttering guys ear, he came and checked the size and says 400 baht for the pair, delivery manana.

Sorted!

Now BiL has no excuse for not climbing inside the tanks this weekend and cleaning them out.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”