Water cooler: new and/or repairs

tamada
udonmap.com

Water cooler: new and/or repairs

Post by tamada » May 17, 2018, 1:39 pm

Back from the jungle and find the 10 year old super icy water cooler has carked it. Apparently started dispensing uncooled water before getting "noisy" so assume the compressor has shot its load.

Anyone seen any specials on water dispensers around the traps, the ones that do hot and cold and take the big bottle on the top?

The frame of the 10-year old fatality has seen better days but it was truly the iciest cold water and even visitors (yes, I do have friends drop by) commented on how cold the water was. The bonus was how quickly it would chill after several tumblers had been drawn for dinner and the likes. Anyone had success with getting a water cooler sorted?

Ta
tam

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Water cooler: new and/or repairs

Post by Lone Star » May 17, 2018, 4:09 pm

We did the hot/cold with the big bottle on top.

This time, when we replaced it, we got the one that connects to the water line and has a dual filter system. No big bottles to sling around. Three temperatures of water: steaming hot - cold - room temp. Found it at HomePro. Forget what we paid, but LOVE IT.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2018, 8:39 pm

Lone Star wrote:
May 17, 2018, 4:09 pm
We did the hot/cold with the big bottle on top.

This time, when we replaced it, we got the one that connects to the water line and has a dual filter system. No big bottles to sling around. Three temperatures of water: steaming hot - cold - room temp. Found it at HomePro. Forget what we paid, but LOVE IT.
Those systems do look good and in other circumstances, I would be sorely tempted but the current cooler location is far from a water riser, front of the lounge just inside the door and very convenient when lurking and working outside. As much as I wouldn't miss the bottle hefting workout, the old fashioned bottle-type is what's required.

Maybe next time or next build... scary thought that.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 17, 2018, 10:14 pm

Steve at the T Bar was selling some a while back, don’t know if he still is.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”