Orchids

tamada
udonmap.com

Orchids

Post by tamada » March 31, 2018, 3:23 pm

When coming back from Pattaya, I usually stop and buy some orchids from the roadside stalls just south of the mountains on 304. However, the major highway construction has seen half the stalls disappear and doing a u-turn to get back to the few I missed wasn't on the cards a few days ago.

Is there a good location in or around the Udon area for buying orchids? Not sure if the cooler temperatures in the higher areas elsewhere in the province are good for orchid growing. Nong Bua Lamphu, Phu Foi Lom, over towards Loei maybe?

ta
tam

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Orchids

Post by pal52 » April 1, 2018, 7:33 am

Udon has an Orchid Farm.
They used to make a unique perfume from Orchids.which took the previous owner years to achieve.

There is a sign to turn left if you enter Namsongrong from the ring road end about 200 mts in.

They also used to have what they called dancing bushes.
When music is played next to them the leaves used to start moving.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 3401?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 1, 2018, 2:59 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 1, 2018, 7:33 am
Udon has an Orchid Farm.
They used to make a unique perfume from Orchids.which took the previous owner years to achieve.

There is a sign to turn left if you enter Namsongrong from the ring road end about 200 mts in.

They also used to have what they called dancing bushes.
When music is played next to them the leaves used to start moving.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 3401?hl=en
Not a great surprise .......... when the local loonies play their bl**dy morlam at ***d/b, every tree and just about every building starts to move :evil:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 2, 2018, 7:09 am

I used to go to phonpisai , on a Saturday and Tuesday morning boats come over from laos to sell wild orchids gathered from the forests, you can buy a sack full for peanuts it's like a mad 1 hour market with buyers from Bangkok. a bit sad all those wild orchids being taken from the wild, but on the other hand the trees are being felled so the orchids will vanish anyway, I used to get giant orchids all the way down to micro, even had some slipper orchids. prices were 20b each or you can just buy a mixed sack full for a couple of hundred baht. many other rare and unusual plants too
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 2, 2018, 11:01 am

many other rare and unusual plants too......Marijuana ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2018, 12:00 pm

All good tips.

ta
tam

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » April 3, 2018, 2:13 pm

The best and biggest Orchid seller here is a Thai man who got attacked by some of Bill Gates vaccines.
If you look at him, he looks cross-eyes, he has a brain bigger than most of us.
He is also a "christian".
Need I say more?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 3, 2018, 4:08 pm

There's a place called "Beer Orchids" in Nongers, but cant tell if its any good. Might be worth a look next time your up there :-k
11beerorchids.jpg

Return to “I'm Looking For....”