SPORTS CLINIC FOR MUSCLE INJURIES IN UDON

udonmap.com

SPORTS CLINIC FOR MUSCLE INJURIES IN UDON

Post by 23696335 » November 13, 2017, 2:13 pm

Hi anybody know of a sports clinic or Physio in Udon area ie: Calf strain needs looking at

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: SPORTS CLINIC FOR MUSCLE INJURIES IN UDON

Post by parrot » November 13, 2017, 3:18 pm

Several years ago I had a problem with my shoulder......couldn't raise my arm more than half-way above my head, constantly sore.......a clinic doctor prescribed pain pills and said it might take 6 months to recover....or never!
After that, I went to Bangkok Hospital and received 6 hours of therapy.......muscle stretches, heat treatments, arm massage. After the first 2 hours I could feel improvement. I think I paid 600 or so baht per treatment......a few years ago.

udonmap.com

Post by 23696335 » November 13, 2017, 3:52 pm

Hi thanks for that will have a look at Bkk Hospital if it dosen,t improve
According to google depending on what category of strain or tear on the calf could take up to 3 months to heal .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 13, 2017, 11:44 pm

I used Sports Physios for years in Oz, brilliant, no pain no gain etc, was younger and playing sport still

Over here PT as its known ( Physio therapy ) is very passive even with new acute injuries presenting in the first 24 hours.

Its all hot / cold packs, ultra sound, and tens therapy,

Knee, back, elbow, quad all the same treatments, from AEK or BKK Hospital , BKK Hospital is about 150 Baht cheaper per visit.

One thing BKK or AEK wont accept is a referral from another hospital for PT, recently had a trigger finger and treatment in BKK, and followup PT in Udon. Discharge letter from Bumrungrad Consultant. not recognised by them and make you see their own ortho consultant to get an internal referral. I refused to accept that and showed them that their hospital group was affiliated with Bumrungrad in BKK. Finally reneged and accepted it, grrrr

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » November 14, 2017, 6:46 am

Wazza, I don't understand your second para - how else would a muscle strain be treated?

There's a reasonably good Physiotherapist - as opposed to a Sports Therapist, near Posri Market. Speaks ok English & not expensive.

His mobile number is: 086 639 4474.

Perhaps the issue might be with a Tendon, & Therapeutic Massage will help?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 14, 2017, 9:01 am

Faraday

Very little to no passive movement of joints. Streching. Etc

Just as described.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”