Pataks Madras or Vindaloo Pastes

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: I'm looking for!

Post by vincemunday » October 6, 2017, 2:43 pm

I'm still looking for Pataks Madras or Vindaloo pastes, apparently Villa did have them but they've now sold out.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: I'm looking for!

Post by 747man » October 8, 2017, 7:25 am

maysan_packs (1).jpg
maysan_packs (1).jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 1251 times

This Make is my Favourite, I Did bring 6 Packs with me 16 Months ago when I Last left the U.K,Alas I've now used " The Lot " Yummy " I Sent the Company an e-mail asking if they would send me anymore & I'd pay by Paypal or U.K Debit Card but they replied that " Due to Customs in CERTAIN Overseas countries" They could NOT Export it...

BTW.....The " Extra Hot " is Lovely,But It's NOT "Extra Hot " Compared to the Thai Taste....

I Have a Friend going back to The U.K In the next week & I've already given him my Shopping List...Along with some English Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese..... ;) ;) \:D/ \:D/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Pataks Madras or Vindaloo Pastes

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 4:39 pm

Found Pataks pastes today in Villa Market.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 25, 2017, 9:24 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 4:39 pm
Found Pataks pastes today in Villa Market.
Most importantly vince,the price please because it might end up costing more than a visit to the gallery on Indian night.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 25, 2017, 2:47 pm

Popped in there today as I was passing.reminded me of shopping in Harrods.pataks balti paste 175b and bit the bullet and bought one.dont know why but the korma paste was 275b and I know they cost the same in the uk.i bought some hand rolling filter tips this morning as I was walking out of villa market with my precious jar of pataks i noticed the same branded ones in there...4 times the price I paid at the liquor shop.also spotted the gravy granules and picked one up only to find out it has,set solid in the carton.sorry to say but villa market is now a no go area for me and if I need a curry I'll go the gallery on Indian night.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 25, 2017, 2:49 pm

I think they were 205 baht each jar but I bought all there was on the shelf, I don't know if they have more stock.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 26, 2017, 8:17 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 25, 2017, 2:49 pm
I think they were 205 baht each jar but I bought all there was on the shelf, I don't know if they have more stock.
The shelves have been restocked and maybe because of the import tax hike they are now either 175b for balti or 275b for korma....don't ask me why but it might be korma are a dying breed and are on the endangered list.ffsi think their pricing policy is just roll some dice.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Sorry, I didn't look at the sauces, I only really use the pastes.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 27, 2017, 8:46 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 26, 2017, 11:11 am
Sorry, I didn't look at the sauces, I only really use the pastes.
Yes mate I'm talking about the pastes.i think the actual curries were 199b

Return to “I'm Looking For....”