Bisto Gravy Granules, Original

trubrit
udonmap.com

Bisto Gravy Granules, Original

Post by trubrit » October 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

This time I am looking for Bisto gravy granules, original . Plenty of chicken and turkey flavoured on the shelves but no original. Anyone seen it. Tried all the major supermarkets and Fuzzies, who normally has it but no luck.Thanks in advance .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Re: I'm looking for!

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 6, 2017, 2:39 pm

Villa had Bisto Granules when in on Monday.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2017, 3:09 pm

Barney wrote:
October 6, 2017, 3:06 pm
Maybe the title should read , "Poms looking for a familiar taste from the mother country"

I would hope that the new TIT shop, which says it will open soon, would cater for all your grocery needs, Jon would know.
YES TIT does have / will have Bisto granules ..seems theres a bit of a shortage at the moment . The the main importer of the Brit dry goods DOES NOT SUPPLY TESCO LOTUS any longer having done a deal with another supermarket chain to be sole retailers .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 7, 2017, 8:46 am

trubrit wrote:
October 6, 2017, 1:33 pm
Left it empty because I feel there must be many things members are looking to buy but can't find in the shops, so rather than have seperate topics each time, thought this would be handy .
This time I am looking for Bisto gravy granules, original . Plenty of chicken and turkey flavoured on the shelves but no original. Anyone seen it. Tried all the major supermarkets and Fuzzies, who normally has it but no luck.Thanks in advance .
Have you tried knorr brown sauce mix in makro 1kg for 275b on the end of farang foods.i use it im my slow cooker when making braised lamb,liver n bacon,beef n kidney stew.add some Worcester sauce and oxo,cheap as chips as they say.since permanently moving here I have become a bit of a cook and after making my stews have nice left over gravy that I stick in little plastic gravy pots and freeze.i found bistro gravy granules to be expensive and being in a cardboard carton it gets moisture in and end up throwing it.i found alternatives for most of my needs when cooking.i never have sausages anymore,I make lorne or square sausage at 170b a kg (beef n pork) rather than 200b for 250g of fatty sausages.i use broken bacon bits from makro at 170b a kg and goes in my liver n bacon,carbonara and don't spew a load of water out when cooking.i now make my own faggots that cost less than 20b each and use a liver gravy out of the freezer that was left over from making liver,bacon and onions.ive even started pickling veg,onion,baby sweet corn,large chilli peppers and after a couple of times have got it right.all I can say is thank you to Google for recipes,my electric mincer and slow cooker.being retired I have time on my hands and very rarely eat out as I live out of the city and save a fortune.ive got a nice freezer with the likes of chilli con carne,spaghetti bol,chicken and bacon carbonara and the others I mentioned earlier.theres a little Jamie oliver in all of us.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 8, 2017, 7:29 am

trubrit wrote:
Left it empty because I feel there must be many things members are looking to buy but can't find in the shops, so rather than have seperate topics each time, thought this would be handy .
Makro Nong Khai Has them, Val....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 8, 2017, 7:40 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
October 7, 2017, 8:46 am
trubrit wrote:
Have you tried knorr brown sauce mix in makro 1kg for 275b on the end of farang foods.i use it im my slow cooker when making braised lamb,liver n bacon,beef n kidney stew.add some Worcester sauce and oxo,cheap as chips as they say.since permanently moving here I have become a bit of a cook and after making my stews have nice left over gravy that I stick in little plastic gravy pots and freeze.i found bistro gravy granules to be expensive and being in a cardboard carton it gets moisture in and end up throwing it.i found alternatives for most of my needs when cooking.i never have sausages anymore,I make lorne or square sausage at 170b a kg (beef n pork) rather than 200b for 250g of fatty sausages.i use broken bacon bits from makro at 170b a kg and goes in my liver n bacon,carbonara and don't spew a load of water out when cooking.i now make my own faggots that cost less than 20b each and use a liver gravy out of the freezer that was left over from making liver,bacon and onions.ive even started pickling veg,onion,baby sweet corn,large chilli peppers and after a couple of times have got it right.all I can say is thank you to Google for recipes,my electric mincer and slow cooker.being retired I have time on my hands and very rarely eat out as I live out of the city and save a fortune.ive got a nice freezer with the likes of chilli con carne,spaghetti bol,chicken and bacon carbonara and the others I mentioned earlier.theres a little Jamie oliver in all of us.
Well Just make sure YOU Don't turn into Gordon Ramsay,Then Marco..... :lol: :lol:

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » October 9, 2017, 10:41 am

Bisto Gravy Granules.....actually BiG C has them in their foreig aisle!!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 10, 2017, 5:06 am

gprit wrote:
October 9, 2017, 10:41 am
Bisto Gravy Granules.....actually BiG C has them in their foreig aisle!!!
Guess that's in the old Big C, thanks for that will pop in today.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 5:53 am

In the Big C Nittayo Road they only had onion or chicken, no beef but that was a few days ago, maybe they got some new stock.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

No Bisto at all in Big C today.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » October 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

If I see Bisto Gravy next time in Big C I'll get some for you!!

Went into Villa Market the other day...can't stop mentioning it to my wife.....there was a medium size parsnip there for....175baht!!!! Who on earth would pay that? They are very expensive.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 10, 2017, 5:33 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 10, 2017, 5:53 am
In the Big C Nittayo Road they only had onion or chicken, no beef but that was a few days ago, maybe they got some new stock.
No I went in today as well. Had Chicken and turkey flavour , guess left over from last Xmas but no original , which is what I am after .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Bisto Gravy Granules, Original

Post by trubrit » October 13, 2017, 4:51 am

I'm still looking. :-"

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » October 13, 2017, 5:19 am

fuzzy ken;s he always has it in stock.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 13, 2017, 7:48 am

MALC wrote:
October 13, 2017, 5:19 am
fuzzy ken;s he always has it in stock.
No tried him. He can,t get either.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » October 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Our delivery due in Monday, but no promises, along with Oxo's and Branston pickle small chunks.

Large tins of Princes corned beef in stock @ 229 Baht
Princes kippers and Atora suet also in stock plus many other products

Fuzzyken's right opposite the No.1 bus station

Ken

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 13, 2017, 7:14 pm

Bingo in fact double bingo.went into Tesco Na Dee today and lo and behold sitting there on the clearance rack were the Tesco branded gravy Bisto. made in England by the Bisto company especially for Tesco, the only difference they still used the original name of onion gravy which must have confused some, so it didn't sell, which was my good fortune because it didn't have a price on but when I asked, they were selling them off at 12bht, yes 12bht, so I grabbed 6 which will last me at least a year, they are marked sell by May 18 so should be okay . There were about another dozen on the rack if your quick .
DSCN3067.jpg

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 13, 2017, 8:15 pm

bisto.jpg
bisto.jpg (12.06 KiB) Viewed 1538 times

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » October 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

Nice find trubrit
Thanks for the heads up, called in there this morning and got the last five tubs, still at 12 bht so a brucie bonus as dear old Forsythe would say
Cheers \:D/

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 15, 2017, 9:27 am

Manxlad wrote:
October 14, 2017, 1:11 pm
Nice find trubrit
Thanks for the heads up, called in there this morning and got the last five tubs, still at 12 bht so a brucie bonus as dear old Forsythe would say
Cheers \:D/
I was even luckier.popped into big c and they had sold out.grabbed a few other bits and off to makro.got there and there was a stampeed to get out the exit.the gunman was inside and police turning up.i would of been inside floating around the meat and cheese, farang section when it all kicked off.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”