Photo Boards.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Photo Boards.

Post by AlexO » September 7, 2021, 3:06 pm

Hi gents.
I am looking for what we called in the UK a Photo Board. These are basically a white melamine or similar back board onto which you stick photos, paintings etc then a clear perspex cover is placed on top and fixed by some form of swivel clip. Looking for size 100cm x 60cm. Have tried the bigger retail outlets and some photo shops but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Photo Boards.

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2021, 5:58 pm

How about searching
www.shopee.th or Lazada?

Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Photo Boards

Post by Jello » September 7, 2021, 7:23 pm

Did you try B2S book store in central? They have art supplies.
UFF DA!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 7, 2021, 7:26 pm

Don’t know whether they have something as specific as you describe because I haven’t really looked but Mr DIY has a whole aisle of different types of photo frames, boards & mounts.
They also stock pin boards & whiteboards.

Just thinking out loud here, they sell rolls of clear sticky back plastic so maybe arrange your pictures on a whiteboard then cover to hold in place?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 8, 2021, 3:32 pm

Thanks Gents
Have looked in Laz and Shopee Mr DIY etc. Might just give Niggly's suggestion of a whiteboard cut to the quite large size I need. Just have to find someone who sells perspex cut to size with a decent edge finish. Its to cover one of my wifes many 'good' idea's which nearly always turn into disasters.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 8, 2021, 5:04 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 8, 2021, 3:32 pm
Thanks Gents
Have looked in Laz and Shopee Mr DIY etc. Might just give Niggly's suggestion of a whiteboard cut to the quite large size I need. Just have to find someone who sells perspex cut to size with a decent edge finish. Its to cover one of my wifes many 'good' idea's which nearly always turn into disasters.
How about those largish 1 m x 1 m corrugated plastic sheets that you can get just about anywhere. Big C stationery, Thai Watsadu, etc.. You can stick two sheets together with the 'grain' at 90 degrees to each other to give greater rigidity and stop it folding. Comes in every color known to man except beige, aubergine and teal.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 8, 2021, 5:09 pm

If you come off the fountain roundabout onto HWY2 heading towards Prajak circle there’s a load of framing shops on that stretch of road.
The first shop on the left is about 4 units & I couldn’t get much sense out of them when I visited so I went to the smaller shop, maybe 2 units next door. They were brilliant, it’s always two young girls & I don’t know whether it’s their shop or they just work there but they’re really helpful.
They make backings & frames on the premises in an hour or so & finally getting to the point I’m trying to make, they have racks of sheets of Perspex in the back for whatever frame they’re doing.
They’ll cut the Perspex to any size you want.
I’ve only seen standard buff hardboard for backing but they might be able to sort you out with white & suitable edge clips if you explain what you’re trying to do.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 12, 2021, 11:06 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 8, 2021, 5:09 pm
If you come off the fountain roundabout onto HWY2 heading towards Prajak circle there’s a load of framing shops on that stretch of road.
The first shop on the left is about 4 units & I couldn’t get much sense out of them when I visited so I went to the smaller shop, maybe 2 units next door. They were brilliant, it’s always two young girls & I don’t know whether it’s their shop or they just work there but they’re really helpful.
They make backings & frames on the premises in an hour or so & finally getting to the point I’m trying to make, they have racks of sheets of Perspex in the back for whatever frame they’re doing.
They’ll cut the Perspex to any size you want.
I’ve only seen standard buff hardboard for backing but they might be able to sort you out with white & suitable edge clips if you explain what you’re trying to do.

Thanks Niggly. Will give them a wee visit.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 22, 2021, 10:32 pm

Any chance of an update on your project?

I like a bit of closure with these DIY things, particularly if I might use someone’s services again myself in the future.

Cheers

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 23, 2021, 7:40 pm

We ended up with a mixture Niggly. One a large framed unit bought from a photographic shop in Nong Han (gave them the photos and they fitted them into the board) then covered and framed. Does not look too bad. Other was a quite large board from Global House which has strings and almost clothes pegs type hangers, not as good. Have not given up on the search for what I really want. Cheers

Return to “I'm Looking For....”