Bank Account(s)

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bank Account(s)

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2024, 10:08 am

I am looking to do a 30 day entry stamp to O retirement conversion in the middle of the year at Udon Immo.

I currently have THB600k in a term deposit account with Kasikorn, which is never accessed.

My question is - to top up to the 800k required for retirement, does the extra 200k need to go to the term deposit account, or can it go to my day-to-day savings account ie does the 800k all need to be in a single account?

I am aware of the requirements around holding money before and after the application date.

Thanks

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Account(s)

Post by maaka » March 25, 2024, 11:07 am

a curved ball from outfield..
The man to ask is the fella that sits behind the 90 day checkin at Imm, or the slim trim bombshell..
but Moi would say, as long as the required 800k is in the bank at the appropriate times, it shouldnt matter if in two accounts or not..methunks...but I have been wrong before.
Indeed it took me four visits to the bank and IMM, with an overstay of four days, just to get my visa renewed this time. Forgot the bank takes a week to get a yearly printout of ones measely horde.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 25, 2024, 1:25 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 25, 2024, 10:08 am
I am looking to do a 30 day entry stamp to O retirement conversion in the middle of the year at Udon Immo.

I currently have THB600k in a term deposit account with Kasikorn, which is never accessed.

My question is - to top up to the 800k required for retirement, does the extra 200k need to go to the term deposit account, or can it go to my day-to-day savings account ie does the 800k all need to be in a single account?

I am aware of the requirements around holding money before and after the application date.

Thanks
stww will confirm but I recall as long as BOTH accounts are in your name ONLY, and the documentation for each account matches as much as possible. This makes it easier for them to calculate the totals. I would assume that TWO bank letters, one for each account, would be more acceptable to the oxygen-wasting IO looking for a soft target.

Good luck!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 25, 2024, 1:32 pm

Good question, one could guess that so long as you have 2 x 12 Month Statements and 2 x Letters your OK = logical. BUT TiT so a trip to the Imm office maybe required. No guarantees that what they tell you this year will apply to next.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 27, 2024, 6:48 pm

how did you get on Jacko

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 27, 2024, 8:03 pm

I PM'd Woody, who came back with a very informative response.

He said he had not looked at my OP - I assume because it didn't, on the face of it, relate to visa issues.

If he is happy for me to do so, either he, or I, can repost his response here.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 27, 2024, 8:54 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 27, 2024, 8:03 pm
I PM'd Woody, who came back with a very informative response.

He said he had not looked at my OP - I assume because it didn't, on the face of it, relate to visa issues.

If he is happy for me to do so, either he, or I, can repost his response here.
You are welcome to repost my reply to you in full, adding anything you feel inclined to anywhere you like as long as the full text is included

EDIT
Also you are correct that I have no in depth knowledge of the Thai banking system so as there was no reference to immigration/visas/extensions of stay in the title it didn’t catch my attention. Others probably know more than I do as we, SWMBO and I, probably only have accounts with 5 or 6 banks.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on March 27, 2024, 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 27, 2024, 8:57 pm

drum roll please...
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 27, 2024, 9:17 pm

Here you go, maaka - and thanks again to Woody.

This is the entire text of his PM, with one irrelevant line omitted.
I hadn’t noticed the question as the title didn’t spark my interest.

However the 600k deposit will almost certainly qualify even though it doesn’t follow the rule for a foreign transfer udon immigration is likely to allow that since it has been deposited for a considerable period

My advice however is that the balance of 200k+ should be transferred into a different account and must be a foreign country deposit it is better that you don’t put it into an account that has multiple other transactions.

Don’t forget that you must have a minimum of 15 days left (better to leave 21) in your permission to stay on the date of application, if you go into immigration as soon as you arrive, or within a day or 2 and show them your 600k long term deposit and your 200k+ foreign deposit they will give you a definite answer. Udon immigration will usually allow a long term deposit without requiring that you prove that is a foreign transfer.

Further there is no requirement to hold the money for any length of time before applying for a Non-O visa application, it can be deposited the day you apply. In general you will have to make a second trip about 15 days later to receive the visa stamp, then it would be a good idea to combine the 600k and 800k deposits into a single account however there is no rule saying that they must be in 1 account, but ask the IO if there is a Udon specific policy as each office can have different requirements.
To complete the picture, this was my reply to him:
Thanks Jerome.

I'll spend a few minutes to get my head around it, and may follow up later with a bullet-point, step-by-step as I understand it.

Cheers

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 27, 2024, 10:27 pm

Further to the above, this is the complete guidance that I was unable to post in a PM
IMG_8613.jpeg
IMG_8614.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 28, 2024, 9:50 am

Assuming you haven't spoke to the SME by contacting immigration for a 2nd opinion, and perhaps only relying on forum information?

It is a relevant specific subject to a number of members.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2024, 11:56 am

I intend to confirm with Immo, but I like to be armed with as much information as I can before approaching them.

I will report back here with the results.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 28, 2024, 8:00 pm

Rodger that Jacko..
thanks for the update..it went way over my head to be sure, but I will tip into it at a later date..
I always like to get things like this straight from the horses mouth, so tip into IM for their opinion if you are not downunder

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 28, 2024, 11:31 pm

My question,
What is considered proof evidence of income under Clause 6 that is mentioned here.
Polish_20240328_112843299.jpg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2024, 4:25 pm

Stantheman wrote:
March 28, 2024, 11:31 pm
My question,
What is considered proof evidence of income under Clause 6 that is mentioned here.

Polish_20240328_112843299.jpg
You forgot to quote clause 6
A letter of guarantee from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate that proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 65,000 per month (together with reference documents showing the source of monthly pension)
Deposits from overseas that are provable from overseas of a minimum of 65k per month every month.(miss a month or miss 65k by 1 baht and you can’t use income [NB 1 month missed by one day and the next month of 150k doesn’t count you MUST NOT MISS ANY MONTHS])

This is for Australians British and American citizens.

For virtually every other nationality a document from your embassy certifying that you have in excess of 65k income in your home country

NB Udon immigration will almost never insist that it is pension income, any foreign transfer of the correct amount is OK
Other immigration offices require that it is provably pension income.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 29, 2024, 5:06 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 29, 2024, 4:25 pm

Deposits from overseas that are provable from overseas of a minimum of 65k per month every month.(miss a month or miss 65k by 1 baht and you can’t use income [NB 1 month missed by one day and the next month of 150k doesn’t count you MUST NOT MISS ANY MONTHS])

This is for Australians British and American citizens.

For virtually every other nationality a document from your embassy certifying that you have in excess of 65k income in your home country

NB Udon immigration will almost never insist that it is pension income, any foreign transfer of the correct amount is OK
Other immigration offices require that it is provably pension income.
Yes your 1st paragraph is absolutely correct. Had a friend from the UK who missed by 20 Baht one month due to an unexpected x-rate downturn = 14000 Baht under the table to make it go away.

I posted several months ago where my Wise statements were accepted as the sourse of the Aust. transfer but given the 3rd degree as to where my income is derived by UDON IMMIGRATION. Not every retiree in Thailand needs to rely on a Govt pension! I had to give one copy of an ASX Share Dividend Statement to make that hoop go away ---- this time! Who knows what they will come up with next renewal????
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

David Chop
udonmap.com

Post by David Chop » March 29, 2024, 7:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
For what it's worth: I have the 800k split into two 400k term deposits, both at the same bank. Division 1 Bangkok was cool with it and when I moved here I asked Udon Immigration and boss-in-the-back said no problem.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2024, 7:55 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 29, 2024, 5:06 pm

Yes your 1st paragraph is absolutely correct. Had a friend from the UK who missed by 20 Baht one month due to an unexpected x-rate downturn = 14000 Baht under the table to make it go away.
I do not, and will not, give any advice or assistance with circumnavigation of the rules.

The only thing is that TIT YMMV and contributing to the office or officers tea fund if done extremely politely and discretely might allow an individual to be granted latitude that the rules do not permit.

I know of individuals who regularly pay 15 times the standard renewal fee and have done so for years. I also know of several individuals who cannot enter Thailand for a period of years. As I said TIT YMMV

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2024, 7:57 pm

David Chop wrote:
March 29, 2024, 7:29 pm
jackspratt wrote:
For what it's worth: I have the 800k split into two 400k term deposits, both at the same bank. Division 1 Bangkok was cool with it and when I moved here I asked Udon Immigration and boss-in-the-back said no problem.
There is no rule stopping you having as many accounts in your name as you like, that said some other immigration offices require a single account.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”