Monthly Income Bank Statement for Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Monthly Income Bank Statement for Extension

Post by jackspratt » September 8, 2023, 4:11 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 8, 2023, 2:32 pm

The minimum deposit is dependent on the account that you are depositing into so a 1,000 minimum is certainly correct for some accounts.
That makes sense - mine is a Term Deposit account, whereas Dero's is probably a savings/operating account, as he is making regular deposits.

Thanks for that, woody.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » October 27, 2023, 1:41 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
September 8, 2023, 3:33 pm
Thank you for the advice Sometimewoodworker and Mosquito. As I think I understand (you have made it clear and easy for even me, to follow).Therefore, I have planned out my annual journey to Udon Immigration next month with the proper documents in hand (at least from my perspective and your advice).

On my last extension, I too was asked to deposit 1000 Baht in my account on the day of application.

I am grateful that others are willing to help those in need concerning these matters and save us from unduly trips to the appropriate bank to get all of our "ducks in a row" once again thank you all for the advice.
This post is a followup to the above. I returned from Bangkok with 12 months of credit advice statements ( the source of funds transferred to my account each month), a certified letter for bank account and bank balance dated the same day as my visit to Immigration and bank book indicating 12 months of deposits (FTT).

I/O asked me if I was going to use SS funds for extension, I said yes. She looked at data from Bangkok Head Office and said cannot use this data. We want Social Security annual statement (Form SSA -1099) Must show or we cannot do. I scoured the forums online before I went to Bangkok and there was no mention of this form being needed. I do have the form at home, not with me. All data dated on the day of visit and because I went in afternoon I did not have time to go home to get the form and return same day. I later discovered, a problem on form SSA-1099 so it would have been a waste of time to go home pickup form and return.

After some back and forth about data from Bangkok Bank, (I know better than to argue too vigorously with I/O) They told me cannot do unless have form SSA-1099. In the past I have used 400K in bank so I used this as plan B

My question is for my next year's extension how can I use "income method" without indicating money came from Social Security, too much trouble to fix problem on form SSA-1099. I can order 12 monthly statements from BB head Office indicating FTT and certification letter.

The I/O gave me no other options to use monthly income method. I really would appreciate some advice from those who successfully use the monthly income method at Udon Thani. Is identifying source of FTT unique to Udon Thani? Others on different forums have said there was no need to identify source of income if you possess 12 monthly statements and bankbook indicating FTT deposits. Thank you in advance.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 27, 2023, 2:39 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
October 27, 2023, 1:41 pm

<Snip>

My question is for my next year's extension how can I use "income method" without indicating money came from Social Security, too much trouble to fix problem on form SSA-1099. I can order 12 monthly statements from BB head Office indicating FTT and certification letter.

The I/O gave me no other options to use monthly income method. I really would appreciate some advice from those who successfully use the monthly income method at Udon Thani. Is identifying source of FTT unique to Udon Thani? Others on different forums have said there was no need to identify source of income if you possess 12 monthly statements and bankbook indicating FTT deposits. Thank you in advance.
Against my self exile from UM I can offer some advise:-

I have used the $65 K Baht per month method for many years using a number of agencies including Wise.

Have your SS pension deposited into a US Bank account and transfer via Wise or whoever. Immigration only require "proof" your funds are coming from overseas and the Udon Immigration office have NO problem with my Wise transfer invoices/receipts as printed off my PC without certification or translation. DO NOT miss a month or inadvertently transfer less than the 65K. Had a friend under by 200 odd Baht one month (he had an automatic transfer in place but a sudden x-rate change caught him out) cost him 14000 Baht "under the table".
In saying that you can do several transfers over the month if you want to hedge against x-rates, just make sure they total more than 65K

I trust UM will not delete this post as well!

Edit:-
I notice you are on a marriage extension. Without looking it up you need 40K Baht/month unlike myself on retirement but the procedure is the same.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 27, 2023, 6:06 pm

The only difference between a retirement extension (apart from the amount required) and a marriage extension, is that for a marriage extension you can use income from Thailand (with proof of Thai tax payed) as well as income from overseas. There is no requirement that the overseas income is from any particular source.

However IOs can add requirements that are not otherwise specified.

The general advice is to provide as little information as possible while giving enough.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » October 28, 2023, 12:29 pm

October 27, 2023, 6:06 pm
The only difference between a retirement extension (apart from the amount required) and a marriage extension, is that for a marriage extension you can use income from Thailand (with proof of Thai tax payed) as well as income from overseas. There is no requirement that the overseas income is from any particular source.

The general advice is to provide as little information as possible while giving enough.
I presented all the data from Bangkok which had 12 monthly deposits showing money was deposited from SS then The I/O asked if I was going to use SS for monthly income, I said yes, I could not say no because of the data in front of them and that is when I/O stated I needed to present the SSA-1099 as well or they will not process extension.

Perhaps next year I should just present the 12 monthly statement of deposits indicating the FTT Code and bankbook if requested. The data I gave them from BB also included 12 monthly credit advisements statements indicating where the monthly income came from. Knowing what I know now that was a dumb move on my part.
[/quoteThe general advice is to provide as little information as possible while giving enough.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 28, 2023, 7:40 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
October 28, 2023, 12:29 pm

I presented all the data from Bangkok which had 12 monthly deposits showing money was deposited from SS then The I/O asked if I was going to use SS for monthly income, I said yes, I could not say no because of the data in front of them and that is when I/O stated I needed to present the SSA-1099 as well or they will not process extension.

Perhaps next year I should just present the 12 monthly statement of deposits indicating the FTT Code and bankbook if requested. The data I gave them from BB also included 12 monthly credit advisements statements indicating where the monthly income came from. Knowing what I know now that was a dumb move on my part.
[/quoteThe general advice is to provide as little information as possible while giving enough.
I was not, do not, suggest that what you did was dumb.

My post was general advice that giving the least possible information is generally preferable.

An IO can always ask for more information, the current requirements leave a rather large loophole as it is perfectly possible to recycle foreign inbound transactions so an IO asking for more data on the source is not very surprising if indeed people are fudging the transfers like this and immigration is aware of the practice.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » October 29, 2023, 1:49 pm

October 28, 2023, 7:40 pm
LoneTraveler wrote:
October 28, 2023, 12:29 pm

I was not, do not, suggest that what you did was dumb.

My post was general advice that giving the least possible information is generally preferable.

An IO can always ask for more information, the current requirements leave a rather large loophole as it is perfectly possible to recycle foreign inbound transactions so an IO asking for more data on the source is not very surprising if indeed people are fudging the transfers like this and immigration is aware of the practice.
Hi thanks for the advice. I was referring to me volunteering information data to I/O and thinking in hindsight that was dumb on my part, no refection on your post, in fact, I find it to be good advice (not to offer information but wait until asked for if indeed they ask.

The data I presented to Immigration was a certified letter of account in my name from Bangkok Bank Head Office in Bangkok.the balance of my account for the past 12 months. The 12 month credit advice (was told by head office in Bangkok that was what most Immigrations offices request) stated where the income came from was printed out in Bangkok and had date stamped on each page.

Next time I will forgo the credit advice data and just present bankbook and 12 monthly statements and not volunteer where the source of income came from unless requested.

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » October 29, 2023, 8:42 pm

LoneTraveler, Along with all the normal paperwork { tm7, Bank Letter, 12 Month Statement, Map Immigration to home, Bank Book, Paasport Stamp page and 90 Day, Wife's House Book, Wife's Thai ID, 12 month printout of Wise statements } I print out a letter from my Navy retirement account and SS account both are available online that you download from your account. They both show the monthly amount. This has always been good for me. No need for 1099. I am on Retirement Visa so it will be a little different for you but the SS statement should not be. Whether they need it all I don't care as long as I walk out with Extension.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”