Reentry Visa Question

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Reentry Visa Question

Post by newtovillagelife » December 12, 2022, 7:38 am

Hi All, I just returned from two months in Canada using my single reentry stamp, I am currently on a retirement visa expiring in August 2023. Do I have to check-in with Udon Immigration right away, or can I wait the usual 90 days. Thanks.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Reentry Visa Question

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 7:51 am

From previous posts and comments, it appeared that Udon Thani immigration are one of the offices that are less anal than say Chiang Mai when it comes to 'checking-in' on one's return home.

If you are staying at the same address as last time and it's the address on file with immigration when you got the Extension, I reckon you should be OK until your first 90-day report.

Welcome back!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » December 12, 2022, 8:02 am

tamada wrote:
December 12, 2022, 7:51 am
From previous posts and comments, it appeared that Udon Thani immigration are one of the offices that are less anal than say Chiang Mai when it comes to 'checking-in' on one's return home.

If you are staying at the same address as last time and it's the address on file with immigration when you got the Extension, I reckon you should be OK until your first 90-day report.

Welcome back!
Thanks. They only put an entry stamp at the Airport, I thought it would of been a 90 day one, that's why I was asking.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 8:15 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
December 12, 2022, 8:02 am
tamada wrote:

Welcome back!
Thanks. They only put an entry stamp at the Airport, I thought it would of been a 90 day one, that's why I was asking.
Your red-colored entry stamp should show Visa Class of "NON-RE" as well as a red "Admitted" date stamp and a blue "Until" date stamp. The latter should match the August 2023 expiration date of the current Extension. Airport Immigration aren't involved with setting the 90-day reporting calendar. That's something that you are supposed to initiate with your local immigration office. Once you've done the first 90-day report in person, the local immigration office will email the 90-day reporting reminders to you which can then be done online.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » December 12, 2022, 8:19 am

tamada wrote:
December 12, 2022, 8:15 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
December 12, 2022, 8:02 am
tamada wrote:

Welcome back!
Your red-colored entry stamp should show Visa Class of "NON-RE" as well as a red "Admitted" date stamp and a blue "Until" date stamp. The latter should match the August 2023 expiration date of the current Extension. Airport Immigration aren't involved with setting the 90-day reporting calendar. That's something that you are supposed to initiate with your local immigration office. Once you've done the first 90-day report in person, the local immigration office will email the 90-day reporting reminders to you which can then be done online.
That's what they did. Thanks again.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 12, 2022, 8:32 am

tamada wrote:
..... Once you've done the first 90-day report in person,.....
As I reported a few days ago, I was able to do my 90 day online after re-entering in September ie no need to visit the Immo office.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 8:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 12, 2022, 8:32 am
tamada wrote:
..... Once you've done the first 90-day report in person,.....
As I reported a few days ago, I was able to do my 90 day online after re-entering in September ie no need to visit the Immo office.
Good and handy reminder jack, thanks. I recall one of the previous online system's many failures included an apparent need for the initial 90-day to be done in person. Good to know it's all sorted.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » December 13, 2022, 10:38 am

When I return on my re-entry I always go to Udon Immigration and report that I am back. They seem happy that I do this and give me a slip to keep in my passport with information about when the 90-days report will be due.

Reason I do this is that a few years back I was actually fined for not having reported my return, so better safe than sorry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 14, 2022, 2:27 pm

lassebasse wrote:
December 13, 2022, 10:38 am
When I return on my re-entry I always go to Udon Immigration and report that I am back. They seem happy that I do this and give me a slip to keep in my passport with information about when the 90-days report will be due.

Reason I do this is that a few years back I was actually fined for not having reported my return, so better safe than sorry.
While you are welcome to go in and report, also with previous groups in charge and prior to 2018 this may have been a requirement, there was a policy change in about 2018 that specifically exempts the need to report a return to your previous address that has been notified with a TM30 so unless you are submitting a TM30 each time Udon is following the policy (they don’t to the best of my information)
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”