1-year, multi-entry, Non-O spouse/sprog visa available at Savanakhet with proof of funds

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

1-year, multi-entry, Non-O spouse/sprog visa available at Savanakhet with proof of funds

Post by tamada » June 6, 2022, 9:13 am

Per the title, one of the preferred methods of obtaining a long(ish) stay visa for Thailand outside of an extension has been reintroduced.

Documentation as follows, no proof of having a wedge being asked for.

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/ ... 26b4004569

NB: The above doesn't list the 1-year multi but it is available and has been issued.

Visa cost is ฿5000. As before, you apply before 11:30 and collect the following day.

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/ ... 26b4004542

Savanakhet accepts Lao eVisa so no more 1-page sticker visas in the passport, just entry/exit stamps. The visa has gone up in price to ฿2000/US$40.

https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

Good luck
tam
Last edited by tamada on October 28, 2023, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: 1-year, multi-entry, Non-O spouse/sprog visa available at Savanakhet

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 6, 2022, 1:32 pm

Thanks for the info Mr Tamada, I'm returning to Thailand in a couple of weeks, the UK evisa application had far too many hoops to go through for me so I settled for the 30day visa exempt route and then intend to progress a long stay visa when I arrive.
This could be the answer to my long stay intention without going through an agent.
I still can't work out how Thai Consulates have different policies from their parent Embassy, but I'm not complaining.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 6, 2022, 1:45 pm

I got a multi entry Non O based on retirement in the UK in March. No hassle at all. All done on line and approved within 48 hours.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 6, 2022, 2:03 pm

samster wrote:
June 6, 2022, 1:45 pm
I got a multi entry Non O based on retirement in the UK in March. No hassle at all. All done on line and approved within 48 hours.
Things have changed since the Covid outbreak and the evisa app was fine until I got to the final section with all the uploads required, Letter from the missus, Bank Statements, Signed declaration, £10,000 in the bank, as I recall, 13 uploads required and then the final nail in the coffin was the statement, "If you complete an invalid application you will need to reapply and pay the fee again" so I've taken the easy route.
Maybe a Visa based on retirement is different.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 11, 2022, 4:36 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 6, 2022, 1:32 pm
I still can't work out how Thai Consulates have different policies from their parent Embassy, but I'm not complaining.
It is due to the traditional Thai social structure where the individual heads of an area/ department have very wide powers
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 5:32 pm

Not arguing the point but it's maybe more like, "...due to the traditional Thai social structure where family, personal connections and place in said social structure allows the individual heads of an area/ department to have very wide powers." I don't think every Consular head has the same clout as the one in Savanakhet appears to have. Seen it with the RTP with their own 'golden boys' where Surachate 'Big Joke' Hakparn is arguably privileged whereas 'Joe Ferrari' certainly isn't.

As I said to Mrs tam aka H.E. Princess Em-on Poonsiri na Nongbua, something to be said for having 'na' in the family moniker.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 24, 2023, 8:15 pm

Reports coming in from disappointed 1-year, MENO spouse applicants being rejected today due to no proof of 400k baht. It appears Savanakhet is applying the same application criteria as all other regional embassies and consulates.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 25, 2023, 8:44 am

tamada wrote:
June 11, 2022, 5:32 pm

As I said to Mrs tam aka H.E. Princess Em-on Poonsiri na Nongbua, something to be said for having 'na' in the family moniker.
It depends what follows the 'na' for it to be meaningful and make an impact for people to pay attention.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: 1-year, multi-entry, Non-O spouse/sprog visa available at Savanakhet with proof of funds

Post by tamada » January 1, 2024, 10:28 am

Latest information from the RTC Savanakhet is they want to see proof of funds in the applicants Thai bank account, same amounts as required for an Extension issued by Immigration. They were previously accepting proof of funds in the applicants foreign bank before. So far, they've not applied the same seasoning rules that Immigration requires for an Extension.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: 1-year, multi-entry, Non-O spouse/sprog visa available at Savanakhet with proof of funds

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2024, 12:03 pm

tamada wrote:
January 1, 2024, 10:28 am
So far, they've not applied the same seasoning rules that Immigration requires for an Extension.
It is rather unlikely that there will ever be the same seasoning rules as an extension. As the vast majority of visa applications require proof of funds not proof of seasoned funds.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2024, 1:44 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 1, 2024, 12:03 pm
tamada wrote:
January 1, 2024, 10:28 am
So far, they've not applied the same seasoning rules that Immigration requires for an Extension.
It is rather unlikely that there will ever be the same seasoning rules as an extension. As the vast majority of visa applications require proof of funds not proof of seasoned funds.
With MFA requiring much the same unseasoned financials as the RTP Immigration offices for their online eVisa requirements, and the ongoing push to wean people off visas and into Immigration offices for Extensions, I would never say anything is "unlikely" or "ever" in this country, particularly when it comes to long-stay permissions. The multi-entry visa of any flavor was already getting scarce and the requirements to get the limited amount still available on the eVisa system is more arduous than they used to be.

The whole proof of funds is a bit of a joke anyway. EU rules on personal data protection prevent any RTE or RTC in Europe from actually verifying anything being presented as proof of wealth by an applicant. I believe the same excuse was the reason the British Embassy couldn't comply with the RTP Immigration department requests to actually verify the proof being offered by long- stayers for the ill-fated income letter.

Anyway, I am talking specifically of the RTC in Savanakhet and their requirements. Since the bulk of their customers were foreigners already staying long-term in Thailand seeking to stay longer as opposed to bona fide tourists, easy to nip that in the bud to comply more fully with Immigration's strictures. They are either under new management or they've had their wings clipped.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”