retirement visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: retirement visa

Post by tamada » July 25, 2022, 10:13 am

Meanwhile, in Savanakhet...

(OK, it's a "marriage visa" but as good as with less faff)

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 25, 2022, 10:29 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 25, 2022, 9:54 am

Only @samster will know if there were more requirements for a ME Non-O and the process for getting it as it’s not listed.
No specific requirements were mentioned. There was an option to apply for multi entry on the application form and, I figured I might as well try for it.

I've returned twice on it since.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 25, 2022, 12:14 pm

samster wrote:
July 25, 2022, 10:29 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 25, 2022, 9:54 am

Only @samster will know if there were more requirements for a ME Non-O and the process for getting it as it’s not listed.
No specific requirements were mentioned. There was an option to apply for multi entry on the application form and, I figured I might as well try for it.

I've returned twice on it since.
It’s well worth knowing that options exists that may not be explicitly listed on the website, so not to assume the website is definitive.

So I guess it is also safe to assume that your finances complied with one of the 3 listed listed.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 19, 2023, 11:58 am

2 questions from anyone with knowledge/experience.

I've been here many years but, for various reasons, this is the first time I will have to extend an existing Visa which is a non O multi entry retirement Visa obtained in London last March.

I visited KK immigration today to clarify but, wanted thoughts on a couple of things:-

1. My Visa was issued 1/3/22 but, first entry was 29/3/22 so, I assumed extension would be required from 29/3/23.

The immigration official said that this was not the case and, in fact it was the date of the last stamp in my passport which is 2/4/23 (3 months after I last returned here a couple of weeks back). It's only 4 days difference but, I just wondered, maybe for future reference which date is correct?

2. I am planning on doing an extension based on monthly income which, in my case, exceeds the required THB65k. I had a bank statement, which I collected after 6 months, showing the incoming money to check if I was doing correctly and she said I still needed to produce documentation from the UK showing where my money was coming from.

She initially referred to a letter from the Government but when I said it was a private pension supplemented by other income she said that that was OK. What do others produce to verify the income please? Some of my income isn't a pension as such.

UK state pension clearly wouldn't cover the 65k anyway so, the Government comment was redundant for UK residents.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 19, 2023, 4:09 pm

samster wrote:
January 19, 2023, 11:58 am
2 questions from anyone with knowledge/experience.

I've been here many years but, for various reasons, this is the first time I will have to extend an existing Visa which is a non O multi entry retirement Visa obtained in London last March.

I visited KK immigration today to clarify but, wanted thoughts on a couple of things:-
First point as you have a non O multi entry retirement Visa it should actually be good for at least 1 more entry.
As long as your last entry is just before the visa expiration you can get almost 15 months from that visa. So you don't have to get an extension just yet. However there is nothing stopping you if you want to get one earlier.
samster wrote:
1. My Visa was issued 1/3/22 but, first entry was 29/3/22 so, I assumed extension would be required from 29/3/23.

The immigration official said that this was not the case and, in fact it was the date of the last stamp in my passport which is 2/4/23 (3 months after I last returned here a couple of weeks back). It's only 4 days difference but, I just wondered, maybe for future reference which date is correct?
The correct date is the current permission to stay stamped in your passport it is the only one that is important.

As I mentioned above if you want you can take another trip outside Thailand and return on 28/2/2023 this will give another three month entry.

It is purely which date you want your renewal to come on April or late May
samster wrote:
2. I am planning on doing an extension based on monthly income which, in my case, exceeds the required THB65k. I had a bank statement, which I collected after 6 months, showing the incoming money to check if I was doing correctly and she said I still needed to produce documentation from the UK showing where my money was coming from.
This must be a requirement put in place by KK immigration. It is not a standard requirement. The standard is to provide proof that you have the income transferred every month from overseas. However different offices can ask for more proof if they want, it probably won't hurt to give HMRC PO documentation for the actual pension and nothing for the balance, or the private pension documentation.

samster wrote:
She initially referred to a letter from the Government but when I said it was a private pension supplemented by other income she said that that was OK. What do others produce to verify the income please? Some of my income isn't a pension as such.

UK state pension clearly wouldn't cover the 65k anyway so, the Government comment was redundant for UK residents.
Well no it isn't, as you can probably proof of the HMRC PO payments if you get them and if not then you can get a statement from your provider(s)

However it is possible if you push you may just have to prove foreign income.

There is one point that you may not have considered and that is how your money comes into Thailand, if you are using Wise then the bank it's paid into is important as is making sure that the transfer is not marked as domestic, the majority of Wise transfers are domestic not international.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 19, 2023, 5:51 pm

Thank you for comprehensive response.

I use Wise and have this base covered.

I'll report back on the requirement for proof of income in UK in a couple of months for anyone else who uses KK.

I was offered another costly alternative by the member of staff in hushed tones but I prefer to do things correctly.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 19, 2023, 8:49 pm

samster wrote:
January 19, 2023, 5:51 pm
Thank you for comprehensive response.

I use Wise and have this base covered.

— snip —-

I was offered another costly alternative by the member of staff in hushed tones but I prefer to do things correctly.
With Wise as mentioned the easiest bank to get the transfer marked as international is Bangkok Bank others are a bit more difficult.

The costly alternatives, as you may appreciate are preferred, though there should be absolutely no difficulty doing it the legal way, just one point on that, do apply with 25 days before the expiration of your final permission to stay. This will allow for time to get any paperwork you may have missed so if they keep asking for different ones you have plenty of time.

I think that in KK you may even be able to go in up to 45 days early certainly 30 days. You loose nothing by an early application.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 20, 2023, 6:01 am

Yes. They confirmed 45 days is ok

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”