Firend returning from Ireland

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
marcsarge
udonmap.com

Firend returning from Ireland

Post by marcsarge » February 3, 2022, 7:40 pm

I have a friend who departed to Ireland in Dec. He had about a month earlier received his 1 year retirement extension on his "o" Visa. When he left he got his reentry stamp. Does all he need to do is buy airline ticket or does he need medical insurance also because of C-19. For some reason hes thinking the Thai Pass thing would be easier but and I think if he uses that his current extension will be no good. Maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be great.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Firend returning from Ireland

Post by tamada » February 3, 2022, 7:55 pm

He can re-enter with his re-entry permit using Thailand Pass. In addition to the flight booking, he'll need proof of Covid-specific insurance, proof of being double vaccinated and two confirmed and paid AQ hotel and PCR test bookings for arrival and day five.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » February 4, 2022, 12:25 pm

Thanks Tamada , He and I had hoped a little less requirements but it is what it is. Thank you

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » March 21, 2022, 4:29 pm

Regarding an expat returning to Thailand, proof of COVID Insurance requirement is for what duration? I have read that the requirement is for the duration of the stay in Thailand but I have a long stay visa by way of marriage (no health insurance required) Does my COVID coverage have to be for the duration of my visa which renews on May 7 (I will be returning on April 16) or for the 11 month period of the new Visa on May 7th, or for 30 days to me back through the door? Where can I find out? Does anyone have recent experience that they are willing to share? Thank You.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 21, 2022, 8:00 pm

It's only for the duration of whatever current entry entitlement you are using to enter. Using your dates, you only need 22 days so a 30-day policy will work. It's been reduced to USD20k. Tune Protect 30-day covid-specific insurance is 1899 baht.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » March 21, 2022, 9:30 pm

Tam is correct, My friend just arrived today and is waiting for his results on his Bangkok covid test. He used the Thai pass and all he needed for insurance was 30 days to get thru door. Hes is on retirement visa extension that he renewed just before he left Thailand in Dec.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 21, 2022, 10:25 pm

So you need to buy ONLY 30 day covid coverage to get back to Thailand. I am on a 1 year retirement (NON O) visa which will be renewed in early October 2022, therefore if I wish to go to Malaysia in late May and return June 10 2022, i would buy covid insurance for 30 days ( June 10 to July 10 ). Correct ??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 22, 2022, 7:41 am

the-monk wrote:
March 21, 2022, 10:25 pm
So you need to buy ONLY 30 day covid coverage to get back to Thailand. I am on a 1 year retirement (NON O) visa which will be renewed in early October 2022, therefore if I wish to go to Malaysia in late May and return June 10 2022, i would buy covid insurance for 30 days ( June 10 to July 10 ). Correct ??
Technically (following the word of the regulations) you would need about 4 months of coverage. However, from several posts on the "big" forum and endorsed by their "visa guru", most people returning on an existing extension have been allowed in with the "minimum" 30-day insurance certificate regardless of how long the stay entitlement was.

There's a good chance that by this summer, the coverage will have been reduced from the current USD 20k. There's even the possibility that it may all be redundant if WHO declares COVID as endemic. I read that Indonesia just removed their quarantine malarkey and Vietnam is right behind as soon as they recognise that the omicron BA2 variant is manageable.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 22, 2022, 8:05 am

Thanks. I agree with you and Yes, I hope that soon, very soon, this insurance requirement will be dropped.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Have a safe day.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » March 22, 2022, 12:24 pm

Great! Thanks everyone for your input.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”