visa problem help

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
dragonz
udonmap.com

visa problem help

Post by dragonz » March 10, 2021, 6:38 pm

This week i went for my 8th marriage extension and i thought no problem but seems i had grown complacent . Everything seemed to be wrong . My wife is a busy teacher with test coming up.
first my koh ror 22 was 8 days old and they said had to be no more than 7 and when i pointed out on the thai ministry for foreign affairs website said it had to be within the last 6 months i was told thai mfa were stupid.
No problem wy wife went to get another one but had to wait for 2 hours and by time she got back closed for lunch.
Next my bankbook which i never use as i use internet banking i updated in january thinking it wOuld update to the last transaction . WRONG!!! it only updates 3 months so it was pointed out that it only showed 5 months when it needs to be 6 . I tried to point out that i transferred 600,000 baht on dec 28 so it did not matter but no so had to go back to the bank for yearly statement no problem. then for the first time my witness was educated and refused to sign the form after reading it .Apparently it states that the witness is responsible for my behaviour and she said why ?
Lastly they noticed there was a date on my photos for last year and photos have to be within last 6 months so they were refused even though my passport photo is 8 yrs old and they still looked like me. By this time my timid gentle placid wife went crazy and ended up in an argument which has resulted in my wife being verbally abused and refusing to go back to immigration.
so the problem is my extension runs out on the 28 mar and my wife will not go to immigration . i do not mind leaving the country for a while but do not know with covid or going to laos for 90 imm o so any advice will be appreciated

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: visa problem help

Post by dunroaming » March 10, 2021, 10:18 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 10, 2021, 6:38 pm
This week i went for my 8th marriage extension and i thought no problem but seems i had grown complacent . Everything seemed to be wrong . My wife is a busy teacher with test coming up.
first my koh ror 22 was 8 days old and they said had to be no more than 7 and when i pointed out on the thai ministry for foreign affairs website said it had to be within the last 6 months i was told thai mfa were stupid.
No problem wy wife went to get another one but had to wait for 2 hours and by time she got back closed for lunch.
Next my bankbook which i never use as i use internet banking i updated in january thinking it wOuld update to the last transaction . WRONG!!! it only updates 3 months so it was pointed out that it only showed 5 months when it needs to be 6 . I tried to point out that i transferred 600,000 baht on dec 28 so it did not matter but no so had to go back to the bank for yearly statement no problem. then for the first time my witness was educated and refused to sign the form after reading it .Apparently it states that the witness is responsible for my behaviour and she said why ?
Lastly they noticed there was a date on my photos for last year and photos have to be within last 6 months so they were refused even though my passport photo is 8 yrs old and they still looked like me. By this time my timid gentle placid wife went crazy and ended up in an argument which has resulted in my wife being verbally abused and refusing to go back to immigration.
so the problem is my extension runs out on the 28 mar and my wife will not go to immigration . i do not mind leaving the country for a while but do not know with covid or going to laos for 90 imm o so any advice will be appreciated
Simple pay a visa agent to resolve cheaper and easier than leaving the country

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 10, 2021, 11:17 pm

Seconded

Leaving the country at the moment would be a very last resort, what with Insurance/Med cert/Quarantine etc etc

Visa agents use different Immigration offices if needed

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 11, 2021, 7:04 am

Why not just offer Udon Immigration 10k to make things happen, you will be paying at least that to a visa agent.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 11, 2021, 7:07 am

It would appear that part of your problem is the RELUCTANCE of Thais to play along in this game. That my friend means you will need professional help as without assistance from a Thai , currently your screwed.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 11, 2021, 8:09 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
March 11, 2021, 7:04 am
Why not just offer Udon Immigration 10k to make things happen, you will be paying at least that to a visa agent.
starting down a slippery slope doing that

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » March 11, 2021, 9:04 am

dragonz wrote:
…..
if you apply like this you will not encounter any hassle (at least i never did so far for the last 10 years):

koh ror 22
get it early morning same day when you apply for your extension

bank book / bank statement
go to the bank and deposit 100 baht early in the morning same day when you apply for your extension
after that update your bank book
after that get the bank letter for the immigration (kasikorn bank knows best what letter is needed for immigration)
all bank documents must be of same day as your application for extension!
be aware that the 400k must be in bank for 3 month prior to your annual extension (1st extension 2 month)

photos
photos always have to be actual (should be known). take all photos one day prior to your extension.

witness
always bring your poochaibaan as a witness (500 baht tip is ok). they are recognized by immigration.

immigration
get all your paperwork ready in the morning.
apply early afternoon (1pm) after all your paperwork is done and actual.

wife
don't expect her to know all the immigration rules.
make sure her paperwork (id, housebook) is ok.
make sure she keeps her mouth shut or at least polite.
:-$

good luck next time.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 11, 2021, 9:33 am

Your first comment was correct "Grown complacent " you can't afford to do this when it concerns IMMIGRATION .
your quote "then for the first time my witness was educated and refused to sign the form after reading it .Apparently it states that the witness is responsible for my behaviour and she said why" , good info non the less , this is the first time i've got info on what is actually written ,one of my witness they gave her the third degree so much she wont go again ,
there are other forms you sign , 1, any outstanding police investigation or court case against you ,must be reported to immigration , 2 , it's about the consequences of overstay and your understanding of the rules , there's another but it escapes me at the mo ,
Options , Do not try to pay over the counter , it leaves you wide open ,cameras are rolling , if they want to make an example ,,hmm trying to bribe an officer etc ,
Go see an Agent , they will keep a record but the immigration don't as they just supply the stamp (for a fee )
Depending on how much of your paperwork you have corrected will depend on how much they charge ,10,000bht - 25,000 bht , last i heard ,
Whilst i'm on it , the words "and any other info the officer may require " leaves it open to abuse ,taking people who have a voice ?opinion is not a good idea ,
" In certain circumstances the officer using his/her discretion may permit a Visa / extension of stay " ,in many cases i know (but can't prove ) they create the circumstances , and for a receiptless fee permit the visa /extension of stay ,
so my advice would be in this case go see an Agent , your running out of time ,
Good luck

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 11, 2021, 9:42 am

All my paper work was done as per their rules. i have did this 8 times with no hassle . This was first time witness read what they were signing and she told me it says she is responsible for my behaviour ie my guarantor . she did later sign but was not happy as i read in english she was supposed to certify i lived at that address nothing more.
Nothing in their rules says that the bankbook must show the last 6 months. It says bank verification letter . passbook updated to that day and copies of every page in the passbook money to be in the account for 2 months , which i did.
My wife is a teacher and cannot get to kor sor office and went the week before but we went to the imm office a day later than planned so it was 8 days . Their government rules state 6 months , all the visa agencies tell me 6 months so this is udon rule but no complaint just went and got one.
Photos , it states photos in house bedroom etc does not say how old they have to be but again ok.
I never expected my wife to know any visa rules and she is most polite woman i have ever know so please do not tell me to keep her mouth shut as its you that is not polite .
The problem started when we had completed everything except the photos and i said i would bring them in the next day alone. The officer then said no my wife would have to come back she told him no she could not as she has to take kids to another school for testing everyday for the next week and as everything except the photos was done she did not need to .The officer then got angry and told her she will come back.
That is when the first time i seen my wife angry telling him "do not tell me what i can do or cannot do, i am not coming back as i have work to do"Then another 2 officers started telling her would have to come back but she was adamant she would not and told them she would never go there again so they gave me all the paperwork and we left my wife shaking and nearly in tears
So now on 28 mar my extension will expire and i do not know what to do .
Visa agent can do for 25,000 baht plus visa fee. Not sure if i can get an extension of some sort because of covid or i would just go to laos and get 90 day imm o

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 11, 2021, 10:01 am

samuel wrote:
March 11, 2021, 9:04 am
dragonz wrote:
…..

be aware that the 400k must be in bank for 3 month prior to your annual extension (1st extension 2 month)

Wrong i think it is 3 months the first time and then 2 months for every other extension as it says
"note money must be in a thai bank before 2 months " direct quote off their leaflet
See how easy it is to get things wrong

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 11, 2021, 10:53 am

If that is the leaflet I'm thinking of it was produced in 2008 and is a "guide" in both Thai and English. (possibly been updated, but probably by the sound of it not corrected). It has been pointed out on this forum many times over the years that it should read 2 months for the first renewal and 3 months thereafter, this has been checked and confirmed several times with Immigration . It also states you need TWO copies of every document (but if you take two they just give one back to you as they only want one).
BTW they have also found another way to get an extra B1900 every 10 yrs. When I went last time they would only give the extension for the duration of the passport, so unless you renew your passport over a year early (not even sure that's allowed) you only get a 5 or 6 month extension and have to renew again when you have your new passport costing another B1900 and bank fees and photo charges etc (I hope that all those who use to complain about the "tip" required to get the 12 month extension transferred to their new passport are happy now)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 11, 2021, 11:07 am

You will find the land borders are still closed so that is not an option but I wouldn't leave the country anyway because of the problems and expense of coming back.... quarantine, covid tests, health insurance, expensive flights etc.
Your only option is the visa agent. I don't know the current cost but I know a couple of guys who got extensions based on retirement for 18,000 last year.
Even 25,000 would be peanuts compared to the costs of leaving the country and trying to get back.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 11, 2021, 11:32 am

Issues at Immigration can all be resolved.

1. Be humble and appear greatful
2. The slim guy in the yellow shirt will suggest a number to resolve any issues.
3. Thank him for being so helpful, but ask if he can discount a bit.
4. Don't argue

I had a worse problem than you on Monday, I followed this process, yes a trip to the ATM, but all was resolved.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 11, 2021, 11:34 am

Here's the rules of the official web site
In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children,
adopted children, or spouse’s children):
Criteria for Consideration

The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
The alien must have proof of relationship.
In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto; or
In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children,
or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not
be over 20 years of age; or
In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less
than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht
400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau
is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.
In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.
Documents to be submitted

Application form
Copy of applicant’s passport
Copy of documents proving relationship, such as a marriage certificate, a birth certificate,
registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate, child adoption registration
certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency
Copy of evidence proving the Thai nationality of the spouse, parents, children, or adopted
children, such as a national ID card, copy of household registration certificate, or other evidence
issued by the government or relevant agency
Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a
bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook, or attach documents proving that the parents or alien
husband earns an average monthly income of no less than Baht 40,000 throughout the year, such as
any particular individual income tax return together with payment receipt, evidence of receiving
retirement pension, evidence of receiving interest from funds deposit, or evidence of having other
funds issued by the relevant agency. An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or parental status with a Thai national.

this is what i repeat ,
" In certain circumstances the officer using his/her discretion may permit a Visa / extension of stay " ,in many cases i know (but can't prove ) they create the circumstances , and for a receiptless fee permit the visa /extension of stay ,
Knowing the rules is all well and good ,but also knowledge of what the office your dealing with require , is essential ,

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 11, 2021, 11:39 am

Whistler wrote:
March 11, 2021, 11:32 am
Issues at Immigration can all be resolved.

1. Be humble and appear greatful
2. The slim guy in the yellow shirt will suggest a number to resolve any issues.
3. Thank him for being so helpful, but ask if he can discount a bit.
4. Don't argue

I had a worse problem than you on Monday, I followed this process, yes a trip to the ATM, but all was resolved.
If you don't mind being hustled extorted , i couldn't agree with you more , but it's getting out of hand the extortion tactics payments in UDON I/O , they create circumstances (that are not actually there by law , )why do you think he has a shiny new merc parked outside ,

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 11, 2021, 11:44 am

this is what they gave me 2 weeks ago
IMG_20210311_0001.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20210311_0002.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 11, 2021, 11:48 am

Check with the agent. Since the OP has all the paperwork and provenance of funding including the funds, I doubt they'll ask for the same premium that they charge those without adequate funds. I would say less than 10,000 baht but don't quote me on that. Tell them your wife isn't available due to her job.

FWIW, getting the KR22 is easy enough regardless of your poor Thai language skills or your partner not being available. Bring the old one as an example along with your ID and either your wife's Thai ID (or a signed copy) and someone will direct you to the queue ticket machine and the right desk. Thirty minute job in Udon's busier Amphur office but can be done quicker and easier at ANY Amphur as it's all on a national database.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 11, 2021, 12:15 pm

but it's getting out of hand the extortion tactics payments in UDON I/O , they create circumstances (that are not actually there by law
They know the option to simply leave and come back is off the table. You didn't expect them to let this opportunity pass by without a kick in the jewels and a passing of the collection plate, did you? NK is also clipping annual extensions to the passport expiry date as well.

Ahhh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 11, 2021, 12:16 pm

I do not have poor thai language skill just average . (this is your barb for this post , your trademark )There was no problem with the kor ror 22 except it took 2 hours not 30 minutes and i accepted that was my fault .
My passbook only had 5 months transactions it it but had the transfer of 600,000 baht on dec 24 but not needed but i went to the bank again and got a statement from them another 100 bahts so not problem. i did everything they wanted even though not needed except the photos which were from last mar i printed 2 lots . They were good panoramic photos accepted last year but had the date on them 3 mar but the guy said had to be within 6 months but that is only for the passport size photo , they looked like me and my wife .
The only major problem he would not let me come in the next day alone to give him new photos

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 11, 2021, 1:15 pm

Message deleted.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”