visa problem help

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: visa problem help

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 4:50 pm

^ When I was filing my extension last February, they had a 10-wheel truck backed in and loaded to the gunnels with stacks of photocopied paperwork. This was either destined for 'filing' at some location off-premises or was being shipped to whoever 'won' the recycling contract. They do love their paperwork here.

As countless border-runners of yore can attest, despite being illegal, the adhesive-backed visa can be removed relatively easily from a passport. A lot of TEFL'ers avoided the huge expense of getting a new passport by simply peeling off their Cambodian visas and any other stickered ones. There was a scandal a few years back when an undisclosed amount of blank Thai visa stickers were reported 'stolen' from the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Maybe having ink stamps affixed firmly on the passport's page is one way of controlling fraud?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: visa problem help

Post by Brian Davis » March 29, 2021, 6:42 pm

Ah, fraud. As a noun, one meaning is someone, perhaps an office worker, who pretends to be honest, but isn't. I'm saying no more. 8-[

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”