Marriage 'O' visa 90-day In-n-Out

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage 'O' visa 90-day In-n-Out

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 12:37 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 18, 2020, 11:43 am
The situation around getting an extension, if on amnesty, and once you have got one if you will be allowed to get a 1 year extension is cloudy, some offices having one opinion other offices having a completely different view. Once the end of the amnesty is confirmed it is likely that there will be guidelines issued that tell you what will, and will not, be permitted.

It’s likely that the brown envelope people know this as they said no 3 month extensions next week.
What's the Udon Thani immigration offices opinion on 60-day leading to a 1-year? With acknowledgments to the NBLP and NK membership, surely that's the one that matters most on this forum?

What's a 3 month extension?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 1:18 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 12:37 pm
The situation around getting an extension, if on amnesty, and once you have got one if you will be allowed to get a 1 year extension is cloudy, some offices having one opinion other offices having a completely different view. Once the end of the amnesty is confirmed it is likely that there will be guidelines issued that tell you what will, and will not, be permitted.

It’s likely that the brown envelope people know this as they said no 3 month extensions next week.
What's the Udon Thani immigration offices opinion on 60-day leading to a 1-year? With acknowledgments to the NBLP and NK membership, surely that's the one that matters most on this forum?
I haven’t seen a report yet.
tamada wrote:

What's a 3 month extension?
I should have written Visa (Now corrected)
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 18, 2020, 3:02 pm

tamada wrote:

Tam the Udon IO gave me the 60 day extension
Which i will use to do the 1 year
Will be doing next week

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 3:49 pm

noosard wrote:
July 18, 2020, 3:02 pm
Will be doing next week
What was your status when you got the 60 day extension?
Had your permission to stay expired?
If it had expired when did the extension run from?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 18, 2020, 4:02 pm

July 18, 2020, 3:49 pm
noosard wrote:
Will be doing next week
My NON O visa multiple entry was used in March got 90 days valid till 15th June
Extension to stay obtained 12th May valid till 14 Aug
60 days with 400k in bank will be right as of 22July
Have read elsewhere first time dont need 60 days
but i dont know how true so will stick with the 60 days

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 5:11 pm

noosard wrote:
July 18, 2020, 4:02 pm
noosard wrote:
Will be doing next week
Any information you read about not needing the money to be seasoned for 2 months doesn’t apply to you. It applies to people who need a Non-O visa from immigration.

So that is a completely normal extension. Without any involvement of the amnesty.

While it is good that you made the choices you did to get your extension of permission to stay it adds no extra information relating to people who are on an amnesty stay.

The questions are sill there for anyone who is on amnesty and applies for an extension.

NB
Cabinet to consider extending visas beyond July 31 for stranded foreigners
Published today in The Nation.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 18, 2020, 8:25 pm

July 18, 2020, 5:11 pm
noosard wrote:
July 18, 2020, 4:02 pm
noosard wrote:
Will be doing next week
Any information you read about not needing the money to be seasoned for 2 months doesn’t apply to you. It applies to people who need a Non-O visa from immigration.

So that is a completely normal extension. Without any involvement of the amnesty.

While it is good that you made the choices you did to get your extension of permission to stay it adds no extra information relating to people who are on an amnesty stay.

The questions are sill there for anyone who is on amnesty and applies for an extension.

NB
Cabinet to consider extending visas beyond July 31 for stranded foreigners
Published today in The Nation.
It's good to have a resident expert on hand, only visas or we can call in you for.....

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 9:26 pm

dunroaming wrote:
July 18, 2020, 8:25 pm
It's good to have a resident expert on hand, only visas or we can call in you for.....
I am not an expert on immigration matters,
I can read the rules and forums and remember most of them, I seldom get things wrong and certainly not twice, if I don’t know I don’t make things up. But that doesn’t make me an expert.

I do know quite a bit about some kinds of woodwork and finishes, others will know more.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 18, 2020, 9:29 pm

Sorry SWW it's maybe my interpretation of your comments. I did higher woodwork if that helps. Lastly the laws here change depending on your face and approach

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 10:02 pm

dunroaming wrote:
July 18, 2020, 9:29 pm
Sorry SWW it's maybe my interpretation of your comments. I did higher woodwork if that helps. Lastly the laws here change depending on your face and approach
Do u reckon a shave, deep genuflecting wai, wearing yellow and carrying a 50 baht box of panda donuts from the traffic lights will win the day then?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 10:08 pm

dunroaming wrote:
Thanks for the compliment any way

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 18, 2020, 10:29 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:02 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Do u reckon a shave, deep genuflecting wai, wearing yellow and carrying a 50 baht box of panda donuts from the traffic lights will win the day then?
Maybe I can be your imon site photographer worst Case you have proof

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 19, 2020, 12:39 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:28 am
Hypothetical scenario here: Foreigner married and currently in Thailand on visa-exempt entry that has been 'amnestied' has a 4-week tour of duty in a neighboring country in August (Thailand, transit and destination country Covid-19 precautions and procedures all confirmed and in place). Looking towards further enabling Thailand re-entry in about 5 weeks from now by having the extension and re-entry permit already in the passport as well as proof of marriage, US$100k insurance, C-19 test, fit 2 fly, medical cert, 14-day state quarantine, etc, etc.. This in lieu of any regional borders being open or any Thai embassy or consulate being able to issue the appropriate visa any time in the next 5 weeks or so.
Hopefully your 4-week hypothetical tour of duty would have some backstop in it to pay for your uncertain time of stay possibly stranded in said neighboring country waiting for the Thai embassy to issue a Certificate of Entry back? There could be a risk of being sent to home nation only if the neighboring country doesn't want you? I thought all the local borders were mostly closed for all intents and purposes without massive expenses incurred - such as 3kUSD to get in Cambodia and only then on repatriation flights? I am not informed on latest though as I have pretty much given up on the idea of travel outside Thailand this year.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 19, 2020, 11:59 pm

[/quote]

Hopefully your 4-week hypothetical tour of duty would have some backstop in it to pay for your uncertain time of stay possibly stranded in said neighboring country waiting for the Thai embassy to issue a Certificate of Entry back? There could be a risk of being sent to home nation only if the neighboring country doesn't want you? I thought all the local borders were mostly closed for all intents and purposes without massive expenses incurred - such as 3kUSD to get in Cambodia and only then on repatriation flights? I am not informed on latest though as I have pretty much given up on the idea of travel outside Thailand this year.
[/quote]

Wise move Mjkt, I too would stay where ever I am, for at least 3 months. Just to many uncertainties with most of the Asian Immigration Departments at this time. Not to mention which airlines are flying where. Maybe things will settle down, with some of the more onerous restrictions being lifted by end October this year.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2020, 9:05 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 19, 2020, 11:59 pm
Mjkt wrote:
July 19, 2020, 12:39 pm
tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:28 am
Hypothetical scenario here: Foreigner married and currently in Thailand on visa-exempt entry that has been 'amnestied' has a 4-week tour of duty in a neighboring country in August (Thailand, transit and destination country Covid-19 precautions and procedures all confirmed and in place). Looking towards further enabling Thailand re-entry in about 5 weeks from now by having the extension and re-entry permit already in the passport as well as proof of marriage, US$100k insurance, C-19 test, fit 2 fly, medical cert, 14-day state quarantine, etc, etc.. This in lieu of any regional borders being open or any Thai embassy or consulate being able to issue the appropriate visa any time in the next 5 weeks or so.
Wise move Mjkt, I too would stay where ever I am, for at least 3 months. Just to many uncertainties with most of the Asian Immigration Departments at this time. Not to mention which airlines are flying where. Maybe things will settle down, with some of the more onerous restrictions being lifted by end October this year.

pipoz4444
My hypothetical is coming to fruition, albeit with a minimum 6 to 8 week absence from Thailand, maybe more so edging towards the 'magic' Q4 2020, or Q1 2021. Looks like I will be tested at least eight times during the exercise and quarantined maybe three times but only the one on (hopeful) re-entry to Thailand will be in a government-approved, 5-star flop. Otherwise, my 'safe house' in Accrington is ready.

And my clients are paying for the lot.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 20, 2020, 1:55 pm

tamada wrote:
July 20, 2020, 9:05 am
Looks like I will be tested at least eight times during the exercise and quarantined maybe three times but only the one on (hopeful) re-entry to Thailand will be in a government-approved, 5-star flop. Otherwise,
And my clients are paying for the lot.
Enjoy the non 5 star quarantine establishments, hopefully more than a thatch hut in the neighboring countries, and hopefully you don't actually catch corona-virus. I don't believe any of the numbers coming out of Laos and Myanmar.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 21, 2020, 2:16 pm

Showered, shaved and dressed in classic black, I went to Udon Immigration this afternoon and they confirmed that they will issue a 60-day extension based on marriage on my amnestied, 4 month old visa-exempt entry, plus a re-entry permit.

I asked if I can get it before the August 1st grace period and after consulting with his peers, said that I could but best do it as close to my actual departure date as possible to get maximum benefit.

They also pointed out their two day k I n g s birthday holiday next week and the kor ror 2 can not be older than 7 days old.

No donuts were required for this solicitation of information.

ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » July 29, 2020, 4:15 pm

Showered, shaved and dressed in classic black, I went to Udon Immigration this afternoon and they confirmed that they will issue a 60-day extension based on marriage on my amnestied, 4 month old visa-exempt entry, plus a re-entry permit.

I asked if I can get it before the August 1st grace period and after consulting with his peers, said that I could but best do it as close to my actual departure date as possible to get maximum benefit.

They also pointed out their two day k I n g s birthday holiday next week and the kor ror 2 can not be older than 7 days old.

No donuts were required for this solicitation of information.
Can any provide information on a Kor Nor 2 in udon ? I have not needed it in the past. We married in Australia and have that certificate.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2020, 8:07 pm

ndreamer wrote:
July 29, 2020, 4:15 pm

Can any provide information on a Kor Nor 2 in udon ? I have not needed it in the past. We married in Australia and have that certificate.
You can not get a KR2 as you did not get married in Thailand.

You need a KR22. To get that you need to register your foreign marriage with your local (or any) Ampher/Ket. This takes time and usually at least one visit to Bangkok. If it were a U.K. marriage some of the paperwork would have to be done in the U.K. and at the London Thai embassy. This is not a fast process even under normal conditions.

Contact immigration to confirm that they require a KR22 (they probably do)
Contact the local Ampher To confirm exactly what they need to register your foreign marriage.
Contact the Australian embassy to confirm the requirements they have.

Depending on when your extension is due you may have to do a 60 day extension first to allow the time needed to complete the paperwork.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2020, 8:16 pm

tamada wrote:
July 21, 2020, 2:16 pm

So to be absolutely clear.

You currently do not have an in date permission to stay (amnesty applies to you)

Immigration will issue an extension to visit your wife starting on the date you apply (I assume it can be up to September 26 with the new extension of the amnesty, I know you can’t give a definitive answer on the September date but it’s a reasonable assumption)

You have not received a “visit extension” on your last entry to Thailand.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”