Marriage 'O' visa 90-day In-n-Out

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage 'O' visa 90-day In-n-Out

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 9:45 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 29, 2020, 8:16 pm
tamada wrote:
July 21, 2020, 2:16 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 18, 2020, 3:02 pm
The questions are sill there for anyone who is on amnesty and applies for an extension.
Showered, shaved and dressed in classic black, I went to Udon Immigration this afternoon and they confirmed that they will issue a 60-day extension based on marriage on my amnestied, 4 month old visa-exempt entry, plus a re-entry permit.

I asked if I can get it before the August 1st grace period and after consulting with his peers, said that I could but best do it as close to my actual departure date as possible to get maximum benefit.
So to be absolutely clear.

You currently do not have an in date permission to stay (amnesty applies to you)

Immigration will issue an extension to visit your wife starting on the date you apply (I assume it can be up to September 26 with the new extension of the amnesty, I know you can’t give a definitive answer on the September date but it’s a reasonable assumption)

You have not received a “visit extension” on your last entry to Thailand.
All absolutely correct. FWIW, I have never applied for any sort of "visit extension" on this or any previous in-outs.

My reference to the 'August grace period' was based on the assumption at the time that the last cabinet meeting would approve Immigration's proposal for foreigners to prepare to leave between 1 Aug and 26 Sep. The Udon IO I spoke to was also referencing those dates as my planned departure was on 31 July but that is now canceled for unrelated reasons. However, since that proposal wasn't adopted and the amnesty is extended, worst case (for now) is my applying for the 60-day extension on 25 September.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”