The COVID-19/Corona Virus Forum

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: The COVID-19/Corona Virus Forum

Post by Niggly » April 22, 2020, 10:21 am

Still not in the gazette but now on the Government PR Website

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php ... name=index

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 10:25 am

Niggly wrote:
April 22, 2020, 10:21 am

No mention of the 90 day reporting ?? .. i know theres an on line facility but ive tried that a few times before and never went thru.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 10:33 am

This might help?
Attachments
E8EA5F82-5295-4B47-80F8-D2FA0DFF4BDE.jpeg
1EE807E3-A055-485A-ABF3-C4FD5F761BCB.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 10:48 am

Clinical trials on humans begin this week with an 80% chance of being successful, under the circumstances that’s pretty good.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... k-11976681
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 11:04 am

This isn’t great news and might put a huge spanner in the works, apparently Covid is mutating very quickly which could make a vaccine very difficult to develop.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... a-11976380

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 22, 2020, 11:10 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 22, 2020, 10:25 am
Niggly wrote:
April 22, 2020, 10:21 am

No mention of the 90 day reporting ?? .. i know theres an on line facility but ive tried that a few times before and never went thru.
Go back to page 4. My posting of the cabinet minutes covers that. Just before your post.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 22, 2020, 11:22 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 22, 2020, 10:11 am
noosard wrote:
April 22, 2020, 9:49 am
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai ... to-july-30

Thailand’s cabinet has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners for three more months. The extended amnesty is a bid to prevent long queues at immigration centres around the country.

Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokeswoman for the Thai government, says they want to stem the spread of the coronavirus and avoid foreigners having to wait in lines and threaten their own health and the health of immigration officials.

“Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 30 without having to apply for an extension.”
As I posted above. But you have the date wrong.

It is not yet law as it still needs to be published in the gazette.

Tried to read your post all the por are gobbledegook
so posted a newspaper article that is in plain English
did not make up any dates

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 12:04 pm

More positive numbers just released by the MOPH ..

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 22, 2020, 12:30 pm

hos.JPG
Had an altercation with some thais yesterday . Somebody on another thread was asking if thais are uneducated or stupid . I said not educated but now i changed my mind.
First nobody is interested in the lockdown or wearing masks in my village . Yesterday a car took down the rope barrier with the signs and drove into my house . 5 thais got out of the car and walked to my house . i told them to stop and go away but they ignored me . I sent the boys inside and i got out of my house they then sat down and talked to my wife ignoring me when i \said we were isolated , They were teachers with only 2 masks . 2 guys 3 women . I finally lost my cool and went crazy and screamed and shouted at them . One guy the vip headmaster threatened to punch me but backed down when i pointed out there were only 2 of them . I took their photos and was going to the police station when the finally left making lots threats against me , saying he hates foreigners in his country and slagging my wife off for marrying me . These bXXXXXXrds were selling health medicine to help you stop getting the virus . Tried to get my wife to go to the police today as what they are doing is stupid and obscene.
Photo is my wifes neice in nong khai hospital . nurses with a patient cured and leaving hospital . all close together and no masks for the sake of a photo . Stupidity springs to mind . Lots of my thai friends have photos on facebook of parties etc . These people are not rice farmers they are teachers , nurses etc

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 22, 2020, 12:59 pm

noosard wrote:
April 22, 2020, 11:22 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 22, 2020, 10:11 am
noosard wrote:
April 22, 2020, 9:49 am
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai ... to-july-30

Thailand’s cabinet has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners for three more months. The extended amnesty is a bid to prevent long queues at immigration centres around the country.

Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokeswoman for the Thai government, says they want to stem the spread of the coronavirus and avoid foreigners having to wait in lines and threaten their own health and the health of immigration officials.

“Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 30 without having to apply for an extension.”
As I posted above. But you have the date wrong.

It is not yet law as it still needs to be published in the gazette.

Tried to read your post all the por are gobbledegook
so posted a newspaper article that is in plain English
did not make up any dates
Your source was wrong on the date and incomplete in its information that is why I got it from the government’s news page. https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/29468

There are no Phors in the section you needed to read

It is a condensed Thai Cabinet minute using google translate so will naturally be less than simple English
However, if the extension of the period of temporary residence permit is not extended further Will cause many aliens to travel to meet the immigration authorities To process a temporary stay in the Kingdom and / or notify a residence Until it may result in congestion Squeezing closely among the aliens at the immigration office Causing a broader risk of the spread of coronary infections in 2019, or Kovid 19 Inconsistent with measures and guidelines for the prevention and control of the spread of coronary diseases in 2019 or Covid 19
2. To extend the notification period for residence under Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act 1979 or according to the relevant Ministry of Interior Notification under Article 2 (2) of the Notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding the granting of permission to certain foreigners Particulars in the Kingdom is a special case dated April 7, 2020 from May 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 22, 2020, 1:48 pm

[“Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 30 without having to apply for an extension.”

Simple to understand
30th July

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 22, 2020, 2:01 pm

What are phor 14 30 90

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 22, 2020, 2:38 pm

US citizen ex-pats with a Thai wife. I have been filing joint tax returns every year using my SS number and my wife's ITIN. I also have direct deposit into my US bank. I have neither heard anything nor received anything. The question is whether I will get anything from the US government. Does anyone know?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 6:54 pm

noosard wrote:
April 22, 2020, 2:01 pm
What are phor 14 30 90
Permission to enter/stay 14 day, 30 day and 90 day.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 22, 2020, 8:24 pm

glalt wrote:
April 22, 2020, 2:38 pm
US citizen ex-pats with a Thai wife. I have been filing joint tax returns every year using my SS number and my wife's ITIN. I also have direct deposit into my US bank. I have neither heard anything nor received anything. The question is whether I will get anything from the US government. Does anyone know?
From what I have read you have to file the return as Married Filing Separately to get the $1,200. Could be too late for your 2018 return, but you can switch to that status for 2019 if you haven't already filed or your 2020 return in 2021. I think if you do that you get it, but that could cost money in terms of regular taxes.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 22, 2020, 8:39 pm

I filed my 2019 US tax return in February. It was a joint return. I guess that I'll have to wait to see if anything happens. In 2017 the IRS made a mistake on my tax return and it took two years and several months to get my refund. I told them that I expected them to pay me interest and they amazingly did.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 23, 2020, 6:38 am

Wrong! You do not need to file separately to get the SSI payment. Since you had your refund going to a bank you should have got it deposited to your account already. I filed joint and got mine over a week ago. Another poster similar to your situation said he had his already including extra for his child.
Check with Google. There are sites where you can inquire as to the status. Also sites where you can go if you did no get it.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 23, 2020, 7:00 am

The last 8 posts have been about visa's and tax returns, 'slightly' "off topic" as Paul loves to tell me. Come on guys there are named threads for these sort of posts. Can we keep this thread to specifically about Covid-19 and related matters.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 23, 2020, 7:10 am

Can anyone reasonably intelligent please explain about how filing a TAX return in the US has anything to do with the information based in this post re Covid 19 / Coronavirus .
Answers please , most interesting NOT !

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » April 23, 2020, 7:58 am

I live in rural Bandung. Yesterday, just before I was leaving my house for a morning walk, the Village Headman addressed us all using the village-wide loudspeaker system. Our Village Headman is not one for making daily broadcasts, therefore all were ears when he started to speak.

He announced that children under five and old people over 70 were required to stay at home until the end of the month. The old people's names and addresses were read out and my name was on the list.

Did any other members of this forum learn of the same restrictions?

I am assuming that this order came from the Governor of Udon Thani and was then sent to each Amphur before it got to the Village Headman. One also hopes that it is part of the proposed plan to lessen the restrictions in certain provinces if the rates of infection remain at zero at the end of the month.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”