Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 23, 2020, 2:38 pm

tamada wrote:
April 23, 2020, 12:38 pm
tutone wrote:
April 23, 2020, 12:32 pm
... While trying to explain the statements to him he just sort of threw up his hands and said "that's enough" before I could even finish explaining or providing all of my statements. He never even looked at them nor did he take any time to thoroughly check my bank statement. It was sort of like he really didn't care as long as I had something to show. ...
Result!

His quick surrender was because he couldn't see anything that would need him to say "Cannot!"... before offering you the business card for a friendly, local agent.
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 2070 times

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 23, 2020, 3:14 pm

tutone wrote:
April 23, 2020, 12:32 pm
[ Anyway, I'm good for another year and they changed my 90 day reporting so I go back July 21, 90 days from now. Otherwise I was supposed to report in late May.
You do not have to do an in person 90 day report Until 31st July, whatever is printed on your report back slip, once the new emergency order is published, nobody has to report in person before then, the triage girl may even refuse you entry if you try.

The online system is running normally and the reporting window is now from 15 days before up to the due date, this gives ample opportunities for you to try with slightly different information if you get the “report to your local office” message that really means that the information you entered is not exactly the same as in the database.

I suggest that if you have a report due you should try the online system a few times over a few days.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 23, 2020, 4:23 pm

Just told of an aquantice from Ban Dung who went in last Tuesday to do a "non O" retirement extension (fully legal). Gridlocked, ticket 121, finished up paying 2000 Baht "VIP tea money" to be placed at the front of the queue. OK, done and dusted stamped!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 23, 2020, 4:28 pm

So has the 90 day report been waived until 31 July, or do we still have to attempt the "on line" minefield when it becomes due. Normally I'd just go to the office and ask, but that seems to be a bit stupid if they are trying to stop us going there.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 23, 2020, 5:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 23, 2020, 4:28 pm
So has the 90 day report been waived until 31 July, or do we still have to attempt the "on line" minefield when it becomes due. Normally I'd just go to the office and ask, but that seems to be a bit stupid if they are trying to stop us going there.
Pathetic post! You just brain dead or need psychotic help in these trying times?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 23, 2020, 7:50 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
The current in person suspension runs to April 30

The cabinet has agreed a continuation of both the automatic extension of permissions to stay and suspension of in person 90 day Reports until July 31st. This has to be published in the gazette to become law. It certainly will be well before April 30.

Online reporting is not a mine field and is working as well or better than it has before also you now have 15 days before your report date.

I would suggest that you should try it every day for the 2 weeks. Then don’t bother until August 1, then join the scrum of people trying to avoid paying 2,000 baht.

I prefer to stay home and let my fingers do the walking

Online reporting is a convenient way to minimise contact with immigration officers, it is not required.

I prefer to keep my reporting current so I am not forced to go into immigration.

I may try an in person report as I collect my extension in June.

I will find out if I can do an online report when my extension is expiring a few days after the report date. I do not know of anyone who has tried that at Udon it will be an interesting data point.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 23, 2020, 8:02 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 23, 2020, 5:02 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Pathetic post! You just brain dead or need psychotic help in these trying times?
psychotic help ??!! 55555 Are you volunteering? :lol:
Psychiatric help possibly.

Or just cannot be bothered to read the post with the answer.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » April 24, 2020, 8:01 am

I am currently on a 60 day marriage extension that expires on May 21. Does anyone know if this is automatically extended til July 31st???

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 24, 2020, 8:30 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
April 24, 2020, 8:01 am
I am currently on a 60 day marriage extension that expires on May 21. Does anyone know if this is automatically extended til July 31st???
If you are going to exit Thailand once the borders open the consensus is yes you are. Coming back maybe much less easy.

Expect that there will be changes To Visa and entry requirements.

If you want to stay in Thailand you are best advised to get a 1 year extension.

Advice will change depending on your exact position, SE Visa entry, ME visa entry, VE entry, extension of stay, etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 10:59 am

tamada wrote:
April 7, 2020, 10:45 am
Just dropped by Udon amphur's office which isn't processing much of anything until further notice.
Thread bump. The Udon amphur's open for business by appointment only. Mrs tam just made an online appointment for tomorrow to get the paperwork needed to support visas, extensions and the like. The Kor Ror 5 (name change certificate) didn't come up in their drop down menu of services required so just went with the Kor Ror 2 and we'll bring a picture of the other one and see what they say.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 2, 2020, 11:13 am

Just got an extension last Monday. They asked Mrs N about the name change certificate & she just said she didn’t have it from so long ago & they just carried on processing the application.

It’s probably worth saying we got a new Kor Ror 2 at the Udon Office & didn’t make any appointments. Turned up just before they came back from lunch, straight in & out about 10 mins, 20 baht. Just her blue book & ID card needed
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 11:51 am

Niggly wrote:
July 2, 2020, 11:13 am
Just got an extension last Monday. They asked Mrs N about the name change certificate & she just said she didn’t have it from so long ago & they just carried on processing the application.

It’s probably worth saying we got a new Kor Ror 2 at the Udon Office & didn’t make any appointments. Turned up just before they came back from lunch, straight in & out about 10 mins, 20 baht. Just her blue book & ID card needed
Good result. I will need the KR5 as I may be leaving the country sooner than expected and will probably need it if/when I apply for a visa to come back in... wherever... whenever.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 3, 2020, 7:38 am

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience using Visa services in town. I'd like to know if they use Udon Immigration, so there is no hassle to travel to another province, also how expensive are they?

Thanks

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 3, 2020, 8:36 am

They do use Udon IO cost 20k for retirement
My friends that use them say very easy and quick ATM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2020, 8:43 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 3, 2020, 7:38 am
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience using Visa services in town. I'd like to know if they use Udon Immigration, so there is no hassle to travel to another province, also how expensive are they?

Thanks
No direct experience with Udon or any agent but I recall from previous posts that using the Udon agent gives you either a Korat IO or KK IO issued extension. My mate who lives in Phuket and uses a Phuket agent says his extensions are issued by Saraburi IO.

Another comment, I think from ThaiVisa is this doesn't cause any problem as long as you know the non-Udon address that was used and simply file the TM-whatever they use for address changes on your first 90-day report at your local IO.

YMMV.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 3, 2020, 8:56 am

The half dozen or so farangs in Ban Dung I have spoken to over time have all had Chonburi Immigration stamps on their agent-assisted extensions and 90 day reports.

This is using the infamous Udon based lady agent.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 3, 2020, 9:05 am

Ms Dodgy Visa, Udon uses Chonburi about 17,000 Baht 2,000 of which is to do the 90 Day reports for the customer. If one wants an Udon stamp in their PP it's about 20,000 Baht. From a friend who has been using her for some 8 years.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 3, 2020, 9:19 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 3, 2020, 9:05 am
Ms Dodgy Visa, Udon uses Chonburi about 17,000 Baht 2,000 of which is to do the 90 Day reports for the customer. If one wants an Udon stamp in their PP it's about 20,000 Baht. From a friend who has been using her for some 8 years.
Ms Dodgy Visa ! It all seems double dodgy to me , but i understand why it cost more to get in Udon , and also throws light on why some at Udon Immigration are making it so hard on the ones that seek a fully legal visa expension .
Surely one day this micky mouse house of cards route will come crashing down .Or maybe not as TIT.
What do i know , im just one of the sad saps that try and stay legal and do things right .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2020, 1:00 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 2, 2020, 11:13 am

Arrived at the amphur at 10:30 (just as the bloody skies opened!) with the 5 digit appointment number that Mrs tam got from online. The two, old uniformed 'gatekeepers' had no clue about bookings or numbers and one even wondered if it was a phone number? So Mrs tam blagged her way in, got a ticket from the machine and waited about 15 minutes to come up. I just wandered in myself later after I had parked.

Kor Ror 2: No problem, done and dusted with two trips to the supervisors office for checks and signatures. 10 baht.

Kor Ror 5: Cannot. However, the 'can versus cannot' mystery resolved. If you were married on or after 2551 (2008), the fancy green-bordered name change certificate is available. If you were married 2550 (2007) or before, you can not get one but the details and verification of name change are apparently buried in the verbiage on the obverse side of the Kor Ror 2. Looks like someone in amphurland had a brain fart in 2008 and invented a certificate so they wouldn't need to type so much?

If I ever do a visa at Savanakhet again, I will advise the helpful lady that pre-checks applicants paperwork at the shop across the street from the Consulate as such. The best she could offer is the Thai Consulate in Savanakhet 'sometimes asks for the Kor Ror 5 but not always'. Maybe the staff (and the Immigration people in Udon) know from simply looking at the marriage date if an applicant should have one or 'cannot'.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2020, 2:05 pm

We were married in 2007 so that could explain why the Immigration officer just carried on processing after asking Mrs N about it. The next paper she looked at while talking was the marriage certificate.
I’m sure we paid 20 baht though. We did get 2 stamped “originals” for some reason so that maybe explains it
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”