Time Requirement, Post Extension, for 800K in Bank

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Time Requirement, Post Extension, for 800K in Bank

Post by AlexO » September 7, 2019, 7:35 pm

There are first hand reports of the requirement to show 800k after the retirement extension is granted from at least one office. The people involved have received a 90day report for bank information (totally different from the usual 90 day report).

Where are these first hand reports from, where are they published, what province is issuing these additional 90 day bank reports from. Simple questions, just need factual answers. If not available as actual facts why add to the confusion already in place.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 8, 2019, 4:43 am

AlexO wrote:
September 7, 2019, 7:35 pm

Where are these first hand reports from, where are they published, what province is issuing these additional 90 day bank reports from. Simple questions, just need factual answers. If not available as actual facts why add to the confusion already in place.
Pattaya, Samui or Phuket.

FWIW Using the quote button makes the thread more clear.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 8, 2019, 9:34 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 8, 2019, 4:43 am
AlexO wrote:
September 7, 2019, 7:35 pm

Pattaya, Samui or Phuket.

FWIW Using the quote button makes the thread more clear.
Forgive me, but these are just place names with no factual evidence ie. copy and paste or provide link to the articles that you claim are first hand. I have many friends in Pattaya who also have friends in various area's of the Kingdom and none of them have ever had these requests or heard of anyone receiving these requests to attend outwith the normal 90 day reports to show bank details. So again just hearsay and perhaps causing more confusion.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 8, 2019, 10:36 am

AlexO wrote:
September 8, 2019, 9:34 am

Forgive me, but these are just place names with no factual evidence ie. copy and paste or provide link to the articles that you claim are first hand. I have many friends in Pattaya who also have friends in various area's of the Kingdom and none of them have ever had these requests or heard of anyone receiving these requests to attend outwith the normal 90 day reports to show bank details. So again just hearsay and perhaps causing more confusion.
No hearsay quoting from reports on TV of first hand experiences of people living in the catchment area of immigration for one or more of those places. It does not effect my extension so I just paid attention to the fact that at least 1 possibly more had posted the information that hey had been required to report funds in the bank.

You are free to look up the reports that are there.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Or to be more explicit that none of the people you have talked to have not been asked for the 800k proof of funds after the extension has been granted is no guarantee that others have been required to provide proof.

Different IOs different rules, Different offices different rules, even Different time of day/day of the week different rules.

Feel free to disbelieve the reports.

We do know that Udon immigration has (up to now) not required proof of money in the bank after any extension has been granted.

I also know that 1 Udon IO has given as a requirement (to at least 2 applicants, in Thai to their SOs) that the applicant provide proof of money in the bank 90 days after the extension has been granted for a marriage extension. This requirement has not been enforced, to the first person (they just got the extension, didn't ask about the 90 day money proof and weren't told to report [SO did not accompany after the application]), the second AFIK has not yet received their extension, but my guess is that the requirement will not be enforced.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on September 9, 2019, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 8, 2019, 11:11 am

It's not required, simple as that. When someone in Udon posts first-hand experience with the requirement, then it's required. Until then, it doesn't matter what other offices, like Nongkai/Phuket/Pattaya, for example, require.
First money in the bank, then insurance, then TM30........you guys really know how to make life difficult for yourselves.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » September 11, 2019, 8:28 am

Regarding the new law we took the boy along this week to clarify the situation.I told them under the rules it would be difficult for me to meet the financial restrictions and what were my choices to continue seeing my son with the least disruption.We always go to the girl in the middle and she is engaging with the missus at the moment for me to transfer over to a child dependent visa.If the boy was over 7 she said it would be a lot easier, as he is younger than this it may take a month or so to get the relevant paperwork, regarding this is there anybody on here who has been through this and could share their experience. On a side note you sometimes forget children are involved, when I stopped for petrol my boy became tearful, it dawned on me he had been listening to the conversations , I assured him his dad has no intention of going anywhere and bought him a toy in 7-11 which always does the job.maybe he was playing me :D

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 11, 2019, 8:36 am

parrot wrote:
September 8, 2019, 11:11 am
It's not required, simple as that. When someone in Udon posts first-hand experience with the requirement, then it's required. Until then, it doesn't matter what other offices, like Nongkai/Phuket/Pattaya, for example, require.
First money in the bank, then insurance, then TM30........you guys really know how to make life difficult for yourselves.
I think it goes with the retirement situation .
Plenty of time to think and nothing else to get stressed about .
So some ***** probably with a grudge , posts something on the interweb about how hes getting the run around , and everyone panics .
I agree with Parrot , ignore all of it , until it personally effects you and yours . Or is that too simple ?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Chuchi wrote:
September 11, 2019, 8:28 am
when I stopped for petrol my boy became tearful, it dawned on me he had been listening to the conversations
Good post. The crusty old lizards on here who dole out advice at the drop of a hat now suddenly want you to stop listening what others have to say. Delusional fantasists scared shitless their utopian illusion will be shattered.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 11, 2019, 10:25 am

Chuchi, any chance you have a copy of the dependent requirements in Thai? I can search Thai websites for info, but not until evening

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » September 11, 2019, 11:24 am

parrot wrote:
September 11, 2019, 10:25 am
Chuchi, any chance you have a copy of the dependent requirements in Thai? I can search Thai websites for info, but not until evening
I appreciate that parrot but I haven't ,his mum was writing down what we need to do so I'll let her get on with it at the moment I think some of it will involve paperwork in the village.it sounds a bit lapse of me but I've got plenty of time until Visa renewal next year,I'm also gonna hold 800k for 3 months prior as a backup. Regarding immigration I seriously think we're lucky in Udon.l personally think they don't like the new law and I don't believe they will enforce it but it is still the law and having a young family I can't take a chance. Big Joke certainly has the right name.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 11, 2019, 5:38 pm

Chuchi wrote:
Regarding the new law we took the boy along this week to clarify the situation.I told them under the rules it would be difficult for me to meet the financial restrictions and what were my choices to continue seeing my son with the least disruption.We always go to the girl in the middle and she is engaging with the missus at the moment for me to transfer over to a child dependent visa.If the boy was over 7 she said it would be a lot easier, as he is younger than this it may take a month or so to get the relevant paperwork, regarding this is there anybody on here who has been through this and could share their experience. On a side note you sometimes forget children are involved, when I stopped for petrol my boy became tearful, it dawned on me he had been listening to the conversations , I assured him his dad has no intention of going anywhere and bought him a toy in 7-11 which always does the job.maybe he was playing me :D
I don't have direct experience or information from anyone who does in Udon.
However the general guidelines are that you must be the boys legal father, two ways (in general) for this to happen, be married to his mother when he was born, or go through the family court to become his father (the agreement and assistance of the mother making this easy) whatever is written on the birth certificate if you were not married at the time of birth does not make you the legal father.

Then you fall under section 2.18 for an extension. There is no mention of financial requirements in the police order for support of children but that does not mean that Udon or regon 4 will not apply the same as for a marriage to a Thai or support of Thai parents.

Here are the 2 pages from the police order, I may have the Thai original if needed.
IMG_8207-2.jpeg
IMG_8206-2.jpeg

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » September 12, 2019, 7:20 am

September 11, 2019, 5:38 pm
Chuchi wrote:
I don't have direct experience or information from anyone who does in Udon.
However the general guidelines are that you must be the boys legal father, two ways (in general) for this to happen, be married to his mother when he was born, or go through the family court to become his father (the agreement and assistance of the mother making this easy) whatever is written on the birth certificate if you were not married at the time of birth does not make you the legal father.

Then you fall under section 2.18 for an extension. There is no mention of financial requirements in the police order for support of children but that does not mean that Udon or regon 4 will not apply the same as for a marriage to a Thai or support of Thai parents.

Here are the 2 pages from the police order, I may have the Thai original if needed.

IMG_8207-2.jpeg

IMG_8206-2.jpeg
Many Thanks STWW
This is a great help for myself , It looks like the process I’m going through is to legitimize a child.I don’t want to hi jack the thread too much as it was to do with the 800k retirement.I will report back later on the procedure and outcome once complete.
Cheers Chuchi
C

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 12, 2019, 9:45 pm

Chuchi wrote:
September 12, 2019, 7:20 am

Many Thanks STWW
This is a great help for myself , It looks like the process I’m going through is to legitimize a child.I don’t want to hi jack the thread too much as it was to do with the 800k retirement.I will report back later on the procedure and outcome once complete.
Cheers Chuchi
C

I would have sent this by PM but do not have access to that function at this time.
The process is listed in the ThaiVisa link under. There is some excellent advice in it.
A summery is.

You will need a court order as your boy is under 7. This is the family court and they are in general friendly.
You then need to go to the Amphur with the court order. You may need a certified Thai translation of your passport which involves the MoFA in Bangkok and your embassy. You may only need a locally translated version stamped by the translator.

It would be best to check with the Amphur as if it is needed you can get that in progress while waiting on the family court judge to issue the order.

You will need other documents and copies of them at the Amphur but nothing unusual.

I get the impression that (unless the mother is opposed) the whole process just takes time but nobody is adding unnecessary steps and everyone does their best to assist.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/102863 ... he-courts/

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » September 14, 2019, 7:06 am

September 12, 2019, 9:45 pm
Chuchi wrote:
September 12, 2019, 7:20 am

Many Thanks STWW
Cheers Chuchi
C

I would have sent this by PM but do not have access to that function at this time.
The process is listed in the ThaiVisa link under. There is some excellent advice in it.
A summery is.

You will need a court order as your boy is under 7. This is the family court and they are in general friendly.
You then need to go to the Amphur with the court order. You may need a certified Thai translation of your passport which involves the MoFA in Bangkok and your embassy. You may only need a locally translated version stamped by the translator.

It would be best to check with the Amphur as if it is needed you can get that in progress while waiting on the family court judge to issue the order.

You will need other documents and copies of them at the Amphur but nothing unusual.

I get the impression that (unless the mother is opposed) the whole process just takes time but nobody is adding unnecessary steps and everyone does their best to assist.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/102863 ... he-courts/
Out all day yesterday, this information is very much appreciated.
Cheers Chuchi

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 18, 2019, 3:42 pm

Walked into immigration at 1:38 today......looked to be several people ahead of us, but within a 5 minutes of sitting down, we were called up. The captain (closest to 90 day desk) flashed through our paperwork and told us, you must keep 800k in your account for 3 months after you renew. Ok, ok......he handed all the paperwork to the attendants behind him then told us to have a seat. A few minutes later, the girl in the middle called us up and started the stamp marathon.....two extensions, two reentry visas, collected our 5800 (I handed 6000 and she handed back 200). We both had to sign the standard "I understand the consequences of overstay", but nothing in the way of the 800k time period. After she was all finished, I asked........how are you going to check the 800k in the bank post renewal. She and the captain both chimed in, when you renew next year. I asked if there was some sort of announcement similar to the 'consequence of overstay' that we would have to sign, but they said no, just keep 800k in your account for 3 months after you renew, then 400k after that.
Will they check next year, how will they check next year, what will happen if you don't keep the money in the bank next year............looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see what actually happens.
Followed on to the 90 day check for updates. We left 37 minutes after we entered. 2 extensions, 2 reentries, 2 90 day checks. Smiles. Oh, and rose-colored glasses, too.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 18, 2019, 4:44 pm

parrot wrote: . . . Will they check next year, how will they check next year, what will happen if you don't keep the money in the bank next year............looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see what actually happens.
. . .
Great report as usual.

I've chuckled wondering about the follow-up and sanctions if the 3-month period is violated or the ฿400,000 baht limit is violated.

I'm betting that anyone who does it, but shows up with everything in order at renewal won't have a problem.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 18, 2019, 5:52 pm

I know and understand this thread is based on first hand knowledge of the new 800K requirements for "O" Retirement extension but can we add my option?

I'm due to extend again shortly:-
For the passed 6 extensions (prior to that I was doing 800K thingy until the hoops tangled around my feet) I had been going to the Embassy for a 65K/Month 'Stat Dec' (Affidavit). I now bring in >65K/Month through Baht Smart (Aust - Thai money exchange) but not on the same date every month and depending on market volatility I may split the transfer over a couple of transactions to hedge my bets.

Would like to hear from anyone (American, British, Australian, Denmark) completing their extension this way and their experiences. Certainly some bizarre reports coming out of Thai Visa about the carry on at some of the Imm. Offices down South! eg, the deposit required at exactly the same day every month, proof the monies came from a pension, etc.

Just wondering if they think ALL retirees are on a state pension?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » September 18, 2019, 6:43 pm

parrot wrote:
September 18, 2019, 3:42 pm
Will they check next year, how will they check next year, what will happen if you don't keep the money in the bank next year............looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see what actually happens.
OT. I have been using Embassy letter for extension several years (7) and during that time I have been asked to show bank statement that I have really sent my pension to Thailand. In fact one time they said that I should have that in year before, but they managed to postpone one year. So they have a way to check that claimed pension is true.

Topic: About 400 000 thb and then 800 000 thb in bank: It is extremely easy to ask bank make old style letter related to money in bank, but include also months before 800 000 thb time and proof that 400 000 thb. My guess is that 1-2 years and back to system before. During that time most of the misusers would be deported. This is answer to question how to check. I believe that they will check. And what happens… just need to read Police Order related to this. To get extension based on retirement, 400 000 thb must be kept in bank account after those 3 months. Will it happen, unclear, but at least it has been written to order that no extension if money has not been there.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 18, 2019, 9:32 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 18, 2019, 5:52 pm
Would like to hear from anyone (American, British, Australian, Denmark) completing their extension this way and their experiences.
FYI
The reports have stated that the Danish embassy have reversed the policy and now do issue embassy letters.

It it only the three big (in terms of numbers of residents) countries that will not issue letters

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 19, 2019, 8:36 am

it is not only if the embassy's are issuing the income statement , but is Thais immigration accepting them? ,
if your embassy guarantees the declared income amount as true ,io will accept these , but other income statements made by declarations of honor by the applicants are starting to get refused ,as many of those declarations are not really honor full...if you know what i mean , anyway in this case the good are also paying the price for the bad ... ;)

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”