Time Requirement, Post Extension, for 800K in Bank

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
parrot
udonmap.com

Time Requirement, Post Extension, for 800K in Bank

Post by parrot » August 11, 2019, 1:12 pm

Looking for first-hand feedback from people who have extended under the ?new? 800k in the bank rules. How is the Udon office handling the alleged requirement to keep 800k in the bank after you extend? And for how long (if applicable)?
Please, I'm not interested in other immigration offices or heard-it-through-the-grapevine accounts

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Time Requirement, Post Extension, for 800K in Bank

Post by Lone Star » August 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

parrot wrote:
August 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
Looking for first-hand feedback from people who have extended under the ?new? 800k in the bank rules. How is the Udon office handling the alleged requirement to keep 800k in the bank after you extend? And for how long (if applicable)?
Please, I'm not interested in other immigration offices or heard-it-through-the-grapevine accounts
They never mentioned it at all. This was about a month ago for me.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 11, 2019, 6:31 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 11, 2019, 1:17 pm
parrot wrote:
August 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
They never mentioned it at all. This was about a month ago for me.
As I suspected. Thanks!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » August 12, 2019, 3:16 am

See PM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 12, 2019, 9:57 am

Going this week for the first 90 day report after extension granted. Will report back after but still believe I/O when asked said only passport required. Have not heard or seen anyone posting that they had to show 800K in bank after 3 months.

Domat
udonmap.com

Post by Domat » August 12, 2019, 11:57 am

Did my 1year in March. No word of 800k for 3 Mt. After.

90 day in June only passport no bankbook or other prof.
In and out in 5 min.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 12, 2019, 1:17 pm

Domat wrote:
August 12, 2019, 11:57 am
Did my 1year in March. No word of 800k for 3 Mt. After.

90 day in June only passport no bankbook or other prof.
In and out in 5 min.
Wish there was a 'like' button on U.M. instead of the "maybe' 'probably' 'I am never wrong' posts that sometimes appear.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 13, 2019, 6:32 pm

this 800.000 baht 3 months after requirement is not the big question , big question is, are they implying the not touch 400.000 baht new rule ? i have done 12 years extension based on marriage, and changed it later to retirement when i became 50 ,(more easy ) now i will have to get back to stupid marriage extension based , as i do not want immigration start controlling what i can do with my own money , all about principles.... :(

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 13, 2019, 6:36 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 13, 2019, 6:32 pm
this 800.000 baht 3 months after requirement is not the big question , big question is, are they implying the not touch 400.000 baht new rule ? i have done 12 years extension based on marriage, and changed it later to retirement when i became 50 ,(more easy ) now i will have to get back to stupid marriage extension based , as i do not want immigration start controlling what i can do with my own money , all about principles.... :(
So, you're saying that if immigration doesn't have a 3 month rule after a retirement extension but they do have a 3 month rule after a marriage extension, you'll revert back to a retirement extension?

To those who chimed in with their own recent personal experience, thanks for the feedback.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 3, 2019, 5:34 pm

parrot wrote:
August 13, 2019, 6:36 pm
kopkei wrote:
So, you're saying that if immigration doesn't have a 3 month rule after a retirement extension but they do have a 3 month rule after a marriage extension, you'll revert back to a retirement extension?

To those who chimed in with their own recent personal experience, thanks for the feedback.
You maybe misunderstanding. The actual rule (it seem that Udon may not be NOT enforcing it) is for a retirement extension you must maintain 800k for 3 months after the extension AND not less than 400k at all times.

This is completely separate from the marriage 400k requirement.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on September 4, 2019, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2019, 12:38 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 3, 2019, 5:34 pm
parrot wrote:
August 13, 2019, 6:36 pm
kopkei wrote:

You maybe misunderstanding. The actual rule (it seem that Udon may not be NOT enforcing it) is for a marriage extension you must maintain 800k for 3 months after the extension AND not less than 400k at all times.

This is completely separate from the marriage 400k requirement.
800k for marriage extension support?

Since when?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 4, 2019, 2:08 pm

tamada wrote:
September 4, 2019, 12:38 pm

800k for marriage extension support?

Since when?
Slip of the keyboard the first should read retirement,
Now corrected

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 4, 2019, 3:23 pm

I have checked with friends in various parts of the Kingdom and no one yet has been asked to prove they had 800k in the bank after an extension was issue and no one has ever been checked that they have maintained 400k thereafter. It seems when Big Joke was sacked that amended rule was as well. If someone has 'real' different information not just hearsay please share it.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 4, 2019, 5:37 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 4, 2019, 3:23 pm
I have checked with friends in various parts of the Kingdom and no one yet has been asked to prove they had 800k in the bank after an extension was issue and no one has ever been checked that they have maintained 400k thereafter. It seems when Big Joke was sacked that amended rule was as well. If someone has 'real' different information not just hearsay please share it.
Everything you read on the internet, take it with a few grains of salt, and anything on Thailand Immigration with a cup of salt, for most is just pure BS.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 4, 2019, 5:44 pm

They may not have asked But at the annual renewal of Visa along with the letter from Bank they have taken Bank Book and had a look through it , maybe verifying that the money has been availalbe.

I wouldnt know as they have never said anything about it as the money is always there

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 4, 2019, 7:43 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 4, 2019, 5:44 pm
They may not have asked But at the annual renewal of Visa along with the letter from Bank they have taken Bank Book and had a look through it , maybe verifying that the money has been availalbe.

I wouldnt know as they have never said anything about it as the money is always there
Thats my thoughts, when doing renewal would be when check MIGHT be done for the 90 day after requirements, not on 90 day report as that can be done online. IF it starts to be enforced might take a while to be implemented.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 5, 2019, 9:18 am

The actual rule (it seem that Udon may not be NOT enforcing it) is for a retirement extension you must maintain 800k for 3 months after the extension AND not less than 400k at all times.
yes i know , i was wondering what they are checking about the not touch 400.000 baht rule , anyone has done fe their 90 -180 days after extension and needed to show bank book also? , the 3 months after rule i do not worry about , however i do not want io making up a rule to block my personal 400.000 baht .....
anyway i will apply next time using my FCD account ....no need to exchange when the currency is low ...as info .. ;)

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » September 5, 2019, 9:45 am

When I did my extension in July nothing was said about checking again after 90 days However the New rule 800k before + for 3 mths after and 400k for the rest of the year was mentioned so I dont think this rule has been abandoned since Big Joke left Immigration.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 5, 2019, 10:14 am

retired wrote:
September 5, 2019, 9:45 am
When I did my extension in July nothing was said about checking again after 90 days However the New rule 800k before + for 3 mths after and 400k for the rest of the year was mentioned so I dont think this rule has been abandoned since Big Joke left Immigration.
Retired
Can I ask what I/O you did your extension in. I have never heard of anyone here in Udon being told that this is now a requirement or that any of my friends in other parts of the Kingdom have ever been asked for this. All I have seen is an interview in The Thaiger with the No 2 in command of Immigration Police saying 'nothing' has changed from last year. Again if anyone has had to provide this information please drop a message on either TV or UM to let others know.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 7, 2019, 10:08 am

AlexO wrote:
September 4, 2019, 3:23 pm
There are first hand reports of the requirement to show 800k after the retirement extension is granted from at least one office. The people involved have received a 90day report for bank information (totally different from the usual 90 day report). So far there have been no reports of proof of the continuing 400k being required, but it may be that nobody has reached the 180 days since the extension or that nobody has bothered to report a negative.

AFIK There are no reports of this being required at Udon.

The only thing that has been said is by one Udon IO in relation to the marriage extension (requirement to keep money in the bank after the extension) and said at the time of application. The requirement (not part of the modified rules) has not been required when the extension was issued.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”