TM30 Clarification Received from Udonthani Immigration

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Vibration

TM30 Clarification Received from Udonthani Immigration

Post by Vibration » April 20, 2019, 2:01 pm

Last Thursday my wife went to do my 90 day report at Udonthani Immigration and she asked if when we return from holiday in the UK if it was necessery to fill out a TM30 form.

The Immigration Officer informed my wife that it is not necessary and that it is only required if we move permanently to a new address.

We are both glad for this advice given by Udonthani Immigration.

Good luck to all with eventual TM30 reporting.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: TM30 Clarification Received from Udonthani Immigration

Post by FrazeeDK » April 22, 2019, 11:34 pm

when the wife and I do our annual trip to the States each year we usually miss a 90 day report.. Technically we don't owe them a new one until 90 days after our return from the States. But, we always go over to Immigration within a few days of our return and check-in.. They've never turned us away...
Dave

Vibration

Post by Vibration » June 3, 2019, 9:14 am

Vibration wrote:
April 20, 2019, 2:01 pm
Last Thursday my wife went to do my 90 day report at Udonthani Immigration and she asked if when we return from holiday in the UK if it was necessery to fill out a TM30 form.

The Immigration Officer informed my wife that it is not necessary and that it is only required if we move permanently to a new address.

I have been following several recent posts on Thai Visa regarding the need to fill out (in my case my wife has to do this) a TM30 form at other Immigration Offices within 24 hours after returning to ones residence from abroad and just wondering if anybody has any recent experience with this at Udonthani Immigration.

In addition to this does anybody know if Udonthani Immigration is set up to for people to do online TM30 reporting.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 3, 2019, 11:23 am

Over the past 23 years, we've traveled back to the US and back probably 17 times. We do our 90 day check NLT 90 days after returning......and have never gone to Immigration beforehand. No problem

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 3, 2019, 3:03 pm

Vibration wrote:
June 3, 2019, 9:14 am
Vibration wrote:
April 20, 2019, 2:01 pm

I have been following several recent posts on Thai Visa regarding the need to fill out (in my case my wife has to do this) a TM30 form at other Immigration Offices within 24 hours after returning to ones residence from abroad and just wondering if anybody has any recent experience with this at Udonthani Immigration.

In addition to this does anybody know if Udonthani Immigration is set up to for people to do online TM30 reporting.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Udon does not require the 24 hour report at this time, assuming that you have reported in the past and return to the same address.

Yes, virtually all offices have online reporting for TM30's but it is only for hotels and similar businesses. AFIK No office has individual online reporting.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 5, 2019, 11:06 pm

Is the TM30 compulsory even if you have a yellow house book (and pink ID card) and your staying at that address?

Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 6, 2019, 6:26 am

deankham wrote:
June 5, 2019, 11:06 pm
Is the TM30 compulsory even if you have a yellow house book (and pink ID card) and your staying at that address?

Thanks.
Yes. Different government departments

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 6, 2019, 8:23 am

Thanks. Looks like I'd better get one filled in then.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 6, 2019, 8:50 am

deankham wrote:
June 6, 2019, 8:23 am
Thanks. Looks like I'd better get one filled in then.
They will do it when you do your 90 day report or extension

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 6, 2019, 9:18 am

I'd heard of people getting a fine for not filling one in in good time? Is there a time limit (that is enforced) from arriving in country to filling one in?

Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 6, 2019, 12:06 pm

deankham wrote:
June 6, 2019, 9:18 am
I'd heard of people getting a fine for not filling one in in good time? Is there a time limit (that is enforced) from arriving in country to filling one in?

Thanks.
AFIK udon immigration does not fine, however late you are. But the official time limit is 24hours
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on June 6, 2019, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 6, 2019, 3:21 pm

AFIK udon immigration does not fine. But the time limit is 24hours

Last year on extension renewal (marriage ) after 1hour 15 minutes of grilling by the immigration officer ,and scrutiny of all the paperwork , they then decided a TM 30 must be done ,16 years since i first submitted an extension based on marriage ,then it was stapled into my passport with the words "never take it out "
The law states submit a TM 30 within 24 hours ,BUT AS WE ALL KNOW UDON IMMIGRATION will do as they please ,
I have lived at this address all the time since the first extension based on marriage ,

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 19, 2019, 2:19 pm

did my 90 day check-in at Udon Immo today.. A fellow ahead of me in line was attempting to do a 90 day check-in and after scanning his passport the IO asked, "why is your address in Chon Buri in the computer system?" The fellow told the IO he'd been living in Udon for 2 months and needed to do his 90 day... The IO explained he should be doing his 90 day where his address is located. The guy explained he was living in Udon now. Bottom line, the IO told the fellow he should have done a TM30 after arriving in Udon and will now have to pay a 2000 baht fine.. He directed the guy to return tomorrow with his landlord, landlord's ID, House book and TM30 along with the 2000 baht fine and everything will be completed...
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 19, 2019, 5:59 pm

time for them to move those chairs back a meter or 2, I guess, or were you sitting in this fellow's lap? and I thought the NSA was invasive.

or
you just made up the whole experience? =D>

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 19, 2019, 6:13 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 19, 2019, 2:19 pm
did my 90 day check-in at Udon Immo today.. A fellow ahead of me in line was attempting to do a 90 day check-in and after scanning his passport the IO asked, "why is your address in Chon Buri in the computer system?" The fellow told the IO he'd been living in Udon for 2 months and needed to do his 90 day... The IO explained he should be doing his 90 day where his address is located. The guy explained he was living in Udon now. Bottom line, the IO told the fellow he should have done a TM30 after arriving in Udon and will now have to pay a 2000 baht fine.. He directed the guy to return tomorrow with his landlord, landlord's ID, House book and TM30 along with the 2000 baht fine and everything will be completed...
Thanks for that info!

It matches my TM30 "surprise" experience, except mine happened during my visa renewal in 2018.

Except no fine or problems. Already had it covered just in case.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 19, 2019, 7:55 pm

no, the guy was standing and was getting a bit loud. The IO got a bit loud back although i thought he was being polite in outlining what the fellow had to do to fix the issue.. There were at least 10 people in the 90 day line and there's no doubt everyone heard the back and forth.. I posted the info to show that Udon is, at least for those people moving from one place in Thailand to Udon enforcing the TM30 rule and fining the full 2000 baht..
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 19, 2019, 9:51 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 19, 2019, 7:55 pm
no, the guy was standing and was getting a bit loud. The IO got a bit loud back although i thought he was being polite in outlining what the fellow had to do to fix the issue.. There were at least 10 people in the 90 day line and there's no doubt everyone heard the back and forth.. I posted the info to show that Udon is, at least for those people moving from one place in Thailand to Udon enforcing the TM30 rule and fining the full 2000 baht..
Sorry, just pulling your chain. But after all of this one would hope on his way out, you pulled him aside and informed him that he was not responsible for the 2k fine, but his landlord was?

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 20, 2019, 1:58 pm

I never heard of a tm 30 until a few weeks ago . Stupidest rule ever in any country . I will never bother with it until i am fined or told to and after 11 yrs never have been .
One question , i am going to rayong for a week soon . If i book the hotel in my wifes name and she checks in then they will not know i am there.I go to nonh khai a lot for odd nights but if my wife checks in is there any need for a tm30 ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 21, 2019, 2:56 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 20, 2019, 1:58 pm
I never heard of a tm 30 until a few weeks ago . Stupidest rule ever in any country . I will never bother with it until i am fined or told to and after 11 yrs never have been .
One question , i am going to rayong for a week soon . If i book the hotel in my wifes name and she checks in then they will not know i am there.I go to nonh khai a lot for odd nights but if my wife checks in is there any need for a tm30 ?
First off I totally agree it's arcane nonsense but it's their country.

If the hotel gets your signature on a rego card and they take a copy of your passport details, then they are taking care of the immigration requirements and no TM30 issues will ensue.

The law doesn't give anyone any waivers on who's name is on any hotel reservation, the onus is on the foreigner to check in, show his/her identity and register. Otherwise they won't be complying with the law.

Yes, they'll have absolutely no record of you ever being away in Rayong and if you think that's important, carry on.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 21, 2019, 4:09 pm

Thats a weak reply its their country so they can do what they want , under that premise , china , north korea , iran etc should be able to do the evil things they do as its their country . Being their country does not give them the right to treat people like they do.
And yes i do think it is important to me as i stay in rayong about 3 times a yr and go to nong khai a few nights a month . I live on the nong khai road loser to udon but with the state of the traffic now avoid it as much as i can . never go there except for immigration as udon is finished for me .
My house to makro udon 25kms take 1 hour + my house to makro nong khai 35 kms takes 30 mins, place is cleaner and safer . I do want want to return from a couple of nights in nong khai then have to travel to udon to report i am back everytime .
.So from experience when my wife checks in a hotel and leaves id card they never ask me for my passport so my question was they would not know i had been there so no need to report when i get back . I s this correct or am i missing something

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”