Marriage Extension New Rule

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage Extension New Rule

Post by Tom & Jee » May 3, 2019, 11:30 am

Exactly 3 months

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2019, 12:03 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 2, 2019, 1:22 pm
Chriss wrote:
May 2, 2019, 10:17 am
When I was in the 'Under Consideration' period the youngish guy IO told me if I went overseas before the final stamp I'd have to restart the whole process again. I asked if that meant getting a new Non Imm O, he replied Yes.
That reinforces my opinion that he doesn't know the rules and just makes it up as he goes along. This another instance where he is flat out wrong.
Winging!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Tom & Jee wrote:
May 3, 2019, 6:37 am
I was one of those told to not touch the money in the bank the time that my application for visa extension was under consideration. They were supposed to call me and should provide them with my updated bank book.
Three days ago (one week before the extra month finish) they called me from immigration and told me that my visa is ready . went there yesterday ...no bankbook asked just my passport. Everything good.
Still winging!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 4, 2019, 1:21 pm

Chriss wrote:
April 28, 2019, 9:11 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 28, 2019, 9:59 am
April 28, 2019, 8:49 am
dragonz wrote:
April 27, 2019, 12:14 pm

First say this for the 100th time . First extension money has to be in the bank 2 months , every subsequent extension in the bank for 3 months and that is 3 month from when your extension finishes not when you apply for a renewal a month early . I have been doing this extension for 8 yrs and i knew from the first extension this was the case so do not understand why it is so difficult for some people .
Because 3 months is not the requirement for a marrage extension, it was the one for a retirement extension.
And this is the marraige extension new rule thread even though there are no new rules , I do not state anything about retirement as i never have done one but have done about 8 marriage ext it is 2 months in the bank for first ext and 3 months for all other ext and always has been .
The only differences this years is the new kor ror2/22 .my ext ended 29 mar and i went to renew on 5 mar . When they asked me a month later to bring my updated bankbook in i asked why and was told the money had to be in the bank fro 3 months up to the 29 mar not when i applied for renewal 5 mar . makes sense but then i said well does not have to be 3 months at the mar just got a smile so basically has to be in 4 months now
You say this is a Marriage Extension New Rule thread but there are no New Rules, then you say the only difference is the New Kor Ror 2/22... surely this is a New Rule. You now, as of this year, need to supply an updated Kor Ror 2/22 when you reapply......Never did before therefore New Rule....hense the title of the thread.
perhaps but always needed a kor sor 2/22 just this year they ask for an up to date one but it is not on the governments webiste . just says you need the document same as bringing the bankbook in not a new government official rule just imm officrs rules

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 4, 2019, 1:33 pm

April 28, 2019, 10:18 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 28, 2019, 9:59 am
April 28, 2019, 8:49 am

Because 3 months is not the requirement for a marrage extension, it was the one for a retirement extension.
And this is the marraige extension new rule thread even though there are no new rules , I do not state anything about retirement as i never have done one but have done about 8 marriage ext it is 2 months in the bank for first ext and 3 months for all other ext and always has been .
Yes? :? I submitted my application on the 25th, my money had been on deposit for 66 days (it is not my first extension.)
IMG_7314-3.jpeg

Information in the leaflet is the same as the police order under.

Police Order 327_2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - Siam Translation 3

Clause 2.18 (Marrage) (6)money in the bank. No changes published for Clause 2.18 yet.
IMG_7318-3.jpeg
IMG_7317-3.jpeg

Clause 2.22 (retirement) (4)money in the bank. Clause 2.22 is the clause that has been modified this year

IMG_7316-3.jpeg
again perhaps . my ext runs out 28 march . , . the second extension , told me my money on 1 mar had only been in the bank for 2 months so i could not do and that i had to get a new 90 day and redo the ext which i did . went to vientiane
Last year went in beginning of mar told me my money only been in the bank 89 days , come back tomorrow . They have always told me at udon imm that only the first was 2 months so i have no idea why .

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 4, 2019, 1:43 pm

I think immigration confuses itself . from what i understood the rules state money has to be in the bank for 2 months but as most people go for renewal a month early they like the money to be in the bank for 2 months when your renew while the actual rule is the money has to be in the bank for 2 months before your visa expires not when you renew so making it 3 months

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 4, 2019, 7:10 pm

Does anyone know if I can leave the country during the time my marriage visa is being processed?
...My non-o multi based on marriage is coming to an end and so I was meant to be applying for the marriage extension next week, however I need to leave the county for a week in early June for business. As my non-o ends next week it will expire when I exit the country.

Thanks.

(Apologies for any wrong terminology but hopefully you understand what I'm asking)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 4, 2019, 7:37 pm

deankham wrote:
May 4, 2019, 7:10 pm
Does anyone know if I can leave the country during the time my marriage visa is being processed?
...My non-o multi based on marriage is coming to an end and so I was meant to be applying for the marriage extension next week, however I need to leave the county for a week in early June for business. As my non-o ends next week it will expire when I exit the country.

Thanks.

(Apologies for any wrong terminology but hopefully you understand what I'm asking)
You can get a re-entry permit that will be valid up to the date of your permission to stay,

So assuming that you do in fact have a current "non-o visa multi entry based on marriage" that you got from an embassy last year in the second week of May and that your business trip is not more than about 6 weeks.

You should do a border hop before your Visa expires next week, then go to immigration and get a re-entry permit.
On your return apply for your marriage extension.

That advice is based on your having a current visa but if the visa has already expired the situation will be different as will the advice. Your trip may well still not cause a problem but more exact information will be needed.

This is where wrong terminology can bite you as there are important differences between having a current extension of stay and a current visa, you may, or may not, have both.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 4, 2019, 8:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Let me try and be accurate so I can get the correct info.

My non-o multi (based on marriage) was issued from the Thai embassy in Riaydh in May 2018 with an enter before date of 5th May 2019. I last entered on 24th April and am permitted to stay until 22nd July (as per the stamp in my passport).
I'm currently putting together my application for the extension based on marriage and will be ready to submit anytime after next week. (My 400k will have been in my Thai bank account for over 2 months by then as well.)

It is very likely I will need to leave thailand in either the last week of May or second week of June for a week.

So the main question is can I leave Thailand and return? . I could either put in my application for the extension before I leave or when I return depending on what is allowed.

Thanks for your advice.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 4, 2019, 8:47 pm

deankham wrote:
May 4, 2019, 8:16 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Let me try and be accurate so I can get the correct info.

My non-o multi (based on marriage) was issued from the Thai embassy in Riaydh in May 2018 with an enter before date of 5th May 2019. I last entered on 24th April and am permitted to stay until 22nd July (as per the stamp in my passport).
I'm currently putting together my application for the extension based on marriage and will be ready to submit anytime after next week. (My 400k will have been in my Thai bank account for over 2 months by then as well.)

It is very likely I will need to leave thailand in either the last week of May or second week of June for a week.

So the main question is can I leave Thailand and return? . I could either put in my application for the extension before I leave or when I return depending on what is allowed.

Thanks for your advice.
The short answer is yes you can

OK now I can give correct advice.
You are too early to submit an application for an extension at the moment anyway. It can only be submitted when there is 30 days or less on your permission to stay.
So you case is simple. You need a single entry re-entry permit cost ฿1000

Personally I would go to immigration and get one any time now as while you certainly can get one at the main airports you would have to clear immigration at either DMK or BKK you can't use a flighthrough ticket as you then clear immigration at KKC and there is no re-entry permit desk there. You need 1 or 2 passport photos.

If it's in your passport that is one less thing to think about.

On your return fill in the re-entry permit number on your arrival card and make sure that your are stamped in again until 22nd July. CHECK THIS AT THE AIRPORT before picking up your bags and before clearing customs, if there's a mistake it will then only take minutes to fix it

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 4, 2019, 10:16 pm

Excellent and many thanks for the advice. Nice to have someone who actual knows what they are talking about.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 5, 2019, 9:56 am

deankham wrote:
May 4, 2019, 10:16 pm
Excellent and many thanks for the advice. Nice to have someone who actual knows what they are talking about.
Second that..

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 5, 2019, 3:28 pm

dragonz wrote:
May 4, 2019, 1:43 pm
I think immigration confuses itself . from what i understood the rules state money has to be in the bank for 2 months but as most people go for renewal a month early they like the money to be in the bank for 2 months when your renew while the actual rule is the money has to be in the bank for 2 months before your visa expires not when you renew so making it 3 months
The rule is not 2 months before your extension finishes. It is 2 months on the date you apply for your extension.

tonytjs
udonmap.com

Post by tonytjs » May 6, 2019, 5:53 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the form they give you telling you what the need for an application to submit a marriage extension the can post here

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 6, 2019, 7:48 pm

tonytjs wrote:
May 6, 2019, 5:53 pm
Does anyone have a copy of the form they give you telling you what the need for an application to submit a marriage extension the can post here
I've got one but the problem is that it was published in 2008 and that they are adding extras about bank information it may not be complete also as it's a PDF I can't attach it to this post

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 13, 2019, 12:39 am

Just an update on someone who's just applied for the marriage ext ,All documents in, accepted , he was then given 2 dates to report back to the office ,first date to bring in evidence of his already submitted bank account ,as in proof of usage (as they put it ) he asked ,"did they require a further accompanying bank letter " the answer "NO"
The second date was (if all good with bank account ) to pick up his extension stamp ,

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 13, 2019, 3:13 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 13, 2019, 12:39 am
Just an update on someone who's just applied for the marriage ext ,All documents in, accepted , he was then given 2 dates to report back to the office ,first date to bring in evidence of his already submitted bank account ,as in proof of usage (as they put it ) he asked ,"did they require a further accompanying bank letter " the answer "NO"
The second date was (if all good with bank account ) to pick up his extension stamp ,
Wonder if usage means deposit or withdrawal activity or maybe both.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 13, 2019, 6:36 am

Hoopoe wrote:
Thought the IO boss in Udon had said there were no problems with leaving minimum amounts 400/800k in fixed interest accounts. Wish we could get a definitive answer but TIT. Going this week so should be interesting.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 13, 2019, 6:36 am

Thought the IO boss in Udon had said there were no problems with leaving minimum amounts 400/800k in fixed interest accounts. Wish we could get a definitive answer but TIT. Going this week so should be interesting.
I've had a fixed rate account for the last 8/9 years , with the minimum requirement in ,every year i get questioned on this (i do this as self insurance for med conditions as i don't trust insurance company's )so it works both ways for me , each time the officer dealing with extension always ask others if this is acceptable ,, i know of other people who do this fixed account system and they state they never have a problem, Maybe it's just me , my face don't suit , but having said that , i've never been refused because of it

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2019, 7:56 pm

Stantheman wrote:
May 13, 2019, 3:13 am
Hoopoe wrote:
Wonder if usage means deposit or withdrawal activity or maybe both.
I think it's Thaiglish for "proof of non-usage" since the whole purpose is to show compliance with post-application seasoning, ie. don't touch it for 3 months after you've filed for the extension?

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”