Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 2:45 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

Does the slip have exactly the same format and wording as the previous one?
"HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THAILAND FOR 90 DAYS"

Amd "THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON“
With 20 September 2019 in the box?
Yes
Exactly the same but it's on white paper and the date has been highlighted by a blue marker.

Voiceover for hire.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 18, 2019, 2:56 pm

Am I missing something? 90 days from 18 March is 16 June. 18 March to 20 Sept is 186 days.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 3:10 pm

parrot wrote:
March 18, 2019, 2:56 pm
Am I missing something? 90 days from 18 March is 16 June. 18 March to 20 Sept is 186 days.
Exactly!
I mentioned the date to him "Yes...you come on 20 September to Nong Bua Police station....you know?" is what he said.
It's showing in the box 20 Sep 2019.
I'm not complaining....just want to do the right thing.
Voiceover for hire.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 18, 2019, 3:52 pm

Lets hope is genuin,but if i was you i would go back and have the Boss to sign that paper with HIS name and stamped.Or something similar.Because that would be a BIG overstay otherwise..I forgot to say the the the Boss did the 90 days for me,i gave him my Yellow book,he said....you live in Nong Na Kham.,i replyed simply -Yes.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 18, 2019, 4:05 pm

Parrot I just went to Immigration and 90 days from March 18th today is June 15 I am looking at the yellow paper right now I know it is a Sunday BUT

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 18, 2019, 4:09 pm

Just did my 1 year renewal in and out in just under 25 minutes that included new 90 day

Excellent service as usual

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 4:19 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 18, 2019, 3:52 pm
Lets hope is genuin,but if i was you i would go back and have the Boss to sign that paper with HIS name and stamped.Or something similar.Because that would be a BIG overstay otherwise..I forgot to say the the the Boss did the 90 days for me,i gave him my Yellow book,he said....you live in Nong Na Kham.,i replyed simply -Yes.
Yes.
I think I will go back to the Udon office circa 18th June just to be certain.
Voiceover for hire.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 18, 2019, 4:30 pm

I think we are all playing guessing games (i included ) there was mention not to long ago about scrapping the 90 day report (by big Joke ) and something on the lines of reporting to your nearest police station , it possibly could be the start of that ,(hopefully ) with those that live further afield starting first , (cuckoo cuckoo , was that just a dream i had ) :roll:

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 4:51 pm

I hope so.
Having saying that I have always found The Udon immigration office very helpful and pleasent.
It just saves me driving over the mountain.
:-"
Voiceover for hire.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 18, 2019, 5:58 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
Please don't scaremonger

The 90 day report has nothing to do with an overstay it is completely different from the extension of stay or permission to stay.

The only penalty for missing a required report is a fine that has a maximum of ฿4,000, commonly ฿2,000 or under however many months late the report is.

My guess is that immigration may be setting up a satellite office or arrangements in Nong Bua Police station that may have limited scope.

As you have the slip from immigration (I would make a copy for safety) and as the reports are processed by and administered by the local offices, they also set the fine at whatever level they wish from ฿0
~ ฿4,000. I would just follow instructions, they were clearly issued by the responsible officers. This could easily be some continuation of the changes to the 90 day report which now seem to align with the extension renewal date, not a strict 90 days
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 18, 2019, 6:15 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
March 18, 2019, 4:19 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
Yes.
I think I will go back to the Udon office circa 18th June just to be certain.
I would only do that if you are in the area anyway, you have a 3 week window to report if you do it in person. You could also try an online report during the 7 days that it is available (days 76~83 from the date you just reported)

It will be interesting to hear from anyone living in the Udon office area who are as far out as possible to see if there are any changes. I would think that as I am over 50km away that if this is a change I may hear something when I do my extension in mid/late April or when I return for my second visit in mid May.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 18, 2019, 7:16 pm

March 18, 2019, 5:58 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
Please don't scaremonger

The 90 day report has nothing to do with an overstay it is completely different from the extension of stay or permission to stay.

The only penalty for missing a required report is a fine that has a maximum of ฿4,000, commonly ฿2,000 or under however many months late the report is.

My guess is that immigration may be setting up a satellite office or arrangements in Nong Bua Police station that may have limited scope.

As you have the slip from immigration (I would make a copy for safety) and as the reports are processed by and administered by the local offices, they also set the fine at whatever level they wish from ฿0
~ ฿4,000. I would just follow instructions, they were clearly issued by the responsible officers. This could easily be some continuation of the changes to the 90 day report which now seem to align with the extension renewal date, not a strict 90 days
I stand corrected...FINE..not OVERSTAY.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 7:43 pm

March 18, 2019, 5:58 pm

~ ฿4,000. I would just follow instructions, they were clearly issued by the responsible officers. This could easily be some continuation of the changes to the 90 day report which now seem to align with the extension renewal date, not a strict 90 days.

Yes I think you are onto something regarding the aligning with the extension renewal date.
Thanks for you advice.
I appreciate it.
Voiceover for hire.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 19, 2019, 7:16 am

STWW wrote
This could easily be some continuation of the changes to the 90 day report which now seem to align with the extension renewal date, not a strict 90 days.

Up until last year this was always the case for me , only last year did they make me adhere to 90 days , i renewed my extension ,then 2 weeks later had to do a 90 day report ,6 weeks in total between extension application (based on marriage ) pick up extension 1 month later then had to report 2 weeks after that ,i questioned this when i went in to pick up the extension , the issuing officer said go see the 90 day report man , i did , he said no can do come back in 2 weeks ,
this was a first for me , in the past they always started the 90 day report again from date of extension , The mind boggles ,I think it was because there was a Y in day ,

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 19, 2019, 8:45 am

seems like if Immigration is going to set up a satellite office at Nong Bua Police Station (where is that anyway?) then they'd have to have an Immigration computer terminal there to do it all properly..
Dave

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » March 19, 2019, 9:30 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 19, 2019, 8:45 am
seems like if Immigration is going to set up a satellite office at Nong Bua Police Station (where is that anyway?) then they'd have to have an Immigration computer terminal there to do it all properly..
Yes, there is going to be an immigration office in Nongbualamphu. The new chief has been going round introducing himself. It should be open in 2 or 3 months. He tells us that they can do everything that can be done in Udon.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Hoopoe wrote:
March 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Up until last year this was always the case for me , only last year did they make me adhere to 90 days , i renewed my extension ,then 2 weeks later had to do a 90 day report ,6 weeks in total between extension application (based on marriage ) pick up extension 1 month later then had to report 2 weeks after that ,i questioned this when i went in to pick up the extension , the issuing officer said go see the 90 day report man , i did , he said no can do come back in 2 weeks ,
this was a first for me , in the past they always started the 90 day report again from date of extension , The mind boggles ,I think it was because there was a Y in day ,
The 90 day report is not connected with the extension of stay according to the immigration rules. AFIK most offices have a complete disconnect apart from the first extension which is also the start of the 90 day reporting

However as it is governed by the local offices they can alter the period as they wish, shorter is the more common change but as Raoul Duke has proven it can be longer. The local offices also administer and set the fine, if any, for late reporting.

My guess now, with the report of a satellite office going to be established, is they want to reduce the work load at the beginning so are giving a much longer reporting period for people in the area of the new office.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 19, 2019, 3:31 pm

Just for clarity......Nongbua is in Udon......area of the old Big C-ish. Nongbualamphu is a province between Udon and Loei.
Again, there's nothing showing on Thai websites about a satellite office in either place.......but then, they might not announce those sort of things in advance

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 22, 2019, 8:19 pm

Thay dont want poor farang here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatOEiFm_kU

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 23, 2019, 4:09 am

choi choi wrote:
May 22, 2019, 8:19 pm
Thay dont want poor farang here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatOEiFm_kU
They are making quite clear.If you don't have the funds "Get Out".
Aging in any country is difficult.
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”