Udon Thani Retirement Extension - what do they need?

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Retirement Extension - what do they need?

Post by tamada » January 22, 2019, 11:29 am

I will be renewing my retirement extension at Udon Immigration Office later this week so doing a quick check on what is needed. Based on Immigration saying income letters having a 6-month validity, I don't recall reading of any other impact from the income letter changes. So how does this look?

Me.
Passport (with current TM30 and TM47 (online) receipts stapled in).
TM6 (landing card)
TM7 (with picture, for new extension)
TM8 (with picture, for re-entry permit)
TM30 (self declaration as 'possessor' of the property, same as done last year)
Yellow book.
BE Income letter (issued last month).
Paperwork the BE accepted to issue the income letter (in case they ask).
1900 baht (for the RetExt)
3800 baht (for the multi re-entry permit)

That it? Do they need me to make copies of anything or do they do it?

Ta
tam

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Retirement Extension - what do they need?

Post by pal52 » January 22, 2019, 12:02 pm

You need copies of everything except the forms & letter from Embassy.
You also need copy of last visa extension as shown in your passport.
Also need hand drawn map of where you live.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » January 22, 2019, 12:14 pm

Tam
Sign all your copies before you get to Immigration.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 22, 2019, 10:08 pm

Thanks for reading and updating, So...

Me.
Passport (with current TM30 and TM47 (online) receipts stapled in) and signed copy of biodata and last RetExt page.
TM6 (landing card) and signed copy.
Yellow book and signed copy.
Map of house-to-office and signed copy.

I recall when I used to do MarExt at Udon maybe 10 years ago, in addition to the copy of the last MarExt, they also wanted copies of all the exit/entry stamps for every out/in during the past year. Back then, I was a busy mofo and Thai Air loved me and that was just about every other page in my passport. Glad they're happy with just the RetExt stamp page these days.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » January 23, 2019, 4:58 am

tamada wrote:
January 22, 2019, 11:29 am
I will be renewing my retirement extension at Udon Immigration Office later this week so doing a quick check on what is needed. Based on Immigration saying income letters having a 6-month validity, I don't recall reading of any other impact from the income letter changes. So how does this look?

Me.
Passport (with current TM30 and TM47 (online) receipts stapled in).
TM6 (landing card)
Yellow book.

That it? Do they need me to make copies of anything or do they do it?

Ta
tam
I haven't bothered with copies of anything for several years, mostly because I don't have a copy machine, and saves me having to go somewhere else. I originally took copies only to have some returned to me not knowing exactly what they needed. They will make copies of the appropriate documents and passport pages.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2019, 9:17 am

Letting them decide on the day what they want copied and doing it themselves seems like the prevailing trend. Even at Jomtien over a 5 year period it went from making all your own copies; and getting most of them back, to asking you to go to the copy shop outside for the odd one or two copies, to them slapping what they wanted copied on their own desktop scanner/printer and me just having to sign them. IIRC, last year, I never brought my own copies of anything and it got issued. I didn't provide the TM30 either so they just had me sign a blank one, said they'd fill it in for me later, tore of the receipt bit and stapled it in the passport.

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » January 23, 2019, 9:49 am

Hi tam
Did my renewal of extension to stay last week, only one signed copy set of used passport pages needed, map handed back, IO said, no need. Asked about re entry at same time, ( no form or photo needed) fees 1900 bht for visa and 1000 for single re entry permit...handed over 3000 bht, IO smiled handed back passport all done ( no change given😄). Happy days

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2019, 11:44 am

Manxlad wrote:
January 23, 2019, 9:49 am
Hi tam
Did my renewal of extension to stay last week, only one signed copy set of used passport pages needed, map handed back, IO said, no need. Asked about re entry at same time, ( no form or photo needed) fees 1900 bht for visa and 1000 for single re entry permit...handed over 3000 bht, IO smiled handed back passport all done ( no change given😄). Happy days
Cheers 'lad. When you say "copy set of used passport pages", was that just last years Ext, or last years Ext + all the exit/entry stamps for the past year?

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » January 23, 2019, 12:21 pm

Tam, we enquired at the 90 day desk a couple of days prior to submission just to make sure the regs hadn’t changed and the 90 day IO said they wanted a copy of every passport page that had any form of stamp regardless of what or where but not interested in blank pages, also a copy of your tm6 arrival slip and a copy of your tabian baan house book ( if you had one)
Good luck, but it does seem much easier certainly than the previous years

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2019, 1:00 pm

Manxlad wrote:
January 23, 2019, 12:21 pm
Tam, we enquired at the 90 day desk a couple of days prior to submission just to make sure the regs hadn’t changed and the 90 day IO said they wanted a copy of every passport page that had any form of stamp regardless of what or where but not interested in blank pages, also a copy of your tm6 arrival slip and a copy of your tabian baan house book ( if you had one)
Good luck, but it does seem much easier certainly than the previous years
Yikes! Thats +11 pages already. But I'm not sure about Mr 90-day at all. If he's the same bugger that fobbed me off with the wrong information twice in late 2017 regarding filing the extension early, he makes it up as he goes along. The last time when he was giving me the 'cannot' spiel, his boss came over, asked what I wanted, overrode his BS and I got it all done in 20 minutes.

Having said that, I understand that there's a new boss so I will copy what I can and take pot luck on the rest and their having at least two interns to do any other copywork.

Ta
tam

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2019, 4:50 pm

Flew in from Burma this morning and after having to get a new battery for the truck (!), I hit Udon IO at 3:30 pm on Friday. They made what copies they needed and give me back the TM30 as apparently this year it's superfluous to requirements. The kicker is the big cheese is not in the office to sign everything until Monday so I am given the option of file and pay today and come back and get the passport on Monday, or just come back on Monday and do it all in one hit then. I opted to get it in the pipeline anyway since the Monday return isn't set in stone and the current extension expires next Tuesday. I requested and they were good enough to give me an extra scan of the passport and TM6 as I will need that for a rental car and a hotel on Sunday... 100 baht tip well earned!

Up until 3 weeks ago, it looked that I would still be at work in Myanmar until early February and I had already spoken with my boss and penciled in a quick, 24-hour in and out just to keep this extension alive and only be off-site for 24 hours. Luckily we wrote off some of the work program and finished yesterday, otherwise I would have had to beg an extra 3 days off-site or write-off about 9 years of serial extensions and start over. Plus the money wasted on income letters and changing or canceling flights and a p!ssed off boss.

Point taken, file early and don't try and schedule mission-critical stuff around any Immigration business. Your life should stop until they are finished.

waltpong
udonmap.com

Post by waltpong » January 26, 2019, 12:01 am

I don't understand the new rules can any one help on this? My question is do i have to send wire transfers to a Thai bank or can I just withdraw money from my atm account in the USA then put it in a thai bank account to show that I put 65000 bath
every month?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 26, 2019, 4:22 am

waltpong wrote:
January 26, 2019, 12:01 am
I don't understand the new rules can any one help on this? My question is do i have to send wire transfers to a Thai bank or can I just withdraw money from my atm account in the USA then put it in a thai bank account to show that I put 65000 bath
every month?
Right now, it looks like that it must be transferred from overseas to a Thai Bank.

Money is money, and what you suggested should be enough, but Thai Immigration seems to want to make sure that no one games the system by just moving money around inside of Thailand. For example, we could pool 32,500 each into 65,000 baht and just move the money in cash back and forth between our accounts every month. Or I could just deposit and withdraw the same 65,000 baht every month.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2019, 3:46 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 26, 2019, 4:22 am
waltpong wrote:
January 26, 2019, 12:01 am
every month?
Right now, it looks like that it must be transferred from overseas to a Thai Bank.

Money is money, and what you suggested should be enough, but Thai Immigration seems to want to make sure that no one games the system by just moving money around inside of Thailand. For example, we could pool 32,500 each into 65,000 baht and just move the money in cash back and forth between our accounts every month. Or I could just deposit and withdraw the same 65,000 baht every month.
Good point. This pooling of money and shunting it around between expats local bank accounts is already the linchpin of how many agents and the corrupt IO's they work with earn their 10,000 to 20,000 fees. If the money has to come from overseas, then it's game over for a lot of them.

Looks like after cleaning house at Chiang Mai IO, the not so new immigration chief has kicked in some doors at the Don Meuang IO.

https://www.tnamcot.com/view/hTIDuiq

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 1, 2019, 1:49 pm

tamada wrote:
January 25, 2019, 4:50 pm
Flew in from Burma this morning and after having to get a new battery for the truck (!), I hit Udon IO at 3:30 pm on Friday. They made what copies they needed and give me back the TM30 as apparently this year it's superfluous to requirements. The kicker is the big cheese is not in the office to sign everything until Monday so I am given the option of file and pay today and come back and get the passport on Monday, or just come back on Monday and do it all in one hit then. I opted to get it in the pipeline anyway since the Monday return isn't set in stone and the current extension expires next Tuesday. I requested and they were good enough to give me an extra scan of the passport and TM6 as I will need that for a rental car and a hotel on Sunday... 100 baht tip well earned!
Dropped by Immigration around 4 PM last Monday and my extension was stamped and signed in my passport but it appears that the young lady entrusted with keeping it locked up in her desk for collection went off to Bangkok... with the key to her desk. All apologies and assurances it would be there on Tuesday which it was. The girl was also apologetic and red faced as she took a ribbing from some colleagues.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » February 2, 2019, 9:18 pm

[/quote]

Dropped by Immigration around 4 PM last Monday and my extension was stamped and signed in my passport but it appears that the young lady entrusted with keeping it locked up in her desk for collection went off to Bangkok... with the key to her desk. All apologies and assurances it would be there on Tuesday which it was. The girl was also apologetic and red faced as she took a ribbing from some colleagues.
[/quote]

Yikes! It's always something. Those kinds of stories are one of the reasons I'm getting a second passport.
The best gadget is the human brain.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 27, 2019, 5:31 pm

What are the latest Retirement Extension requirements ? Has anyone got the internet address ( link )[u][/u] to the Thai Immigration Department explaining these requirements in [size=150][/size]THAI language
Thanks in advance...

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » April 27, 2019, 9:49 pm

This is the easiest extension to get....
800,000 in the bank for 3 month prior application or yearly a pension of equivalent.
If in doubt just pop into immigration and ask.
Don't get involved with forum gossip.!!!!!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 27, 2019, 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot Wise man.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 19, 2019, 3:59 pm

successfully renewed my O-A based retirement extension to stay (7th year) today 12/19/19.

What they used to process my permission to stay:

1. Copy of passport face page.
2. Copy of previous permission to stay out of passport
3. Copy of last Immigration arrival stamp out of passport
4. Copy of TM6 Arrival/Departure card (both sides)
5. Copy of Yellow Book.
6. TM 7 complete with photo.
7. Copy of required Health Insurance Certificate from approved provider on Long Stay TGIA website.
8. Original Certificate of Account Balance, stamped, signed and dated with today's date. (cost from K-Bank 100 Baht)
9. Original stamped detailed bank account transaction history from the last 90 days. (cost from K-Bank 100 Baht)
10. Map to House. I've printed a Google Map extract for the last 7 years and drawn in the route with a pen.
11. 3800 baht.

They did not require a copy of my original O-A visa which they've asked for in previous years. They returned the copy I gave them.
They did not ask for my "landlord" (my wife's) Tabian Ban (Blue Book).
They did NOT ask for a TM30
They did not ask for any other evidence of retirement income which was asked for by another expat who posted recently. I brought both a U.S. Social Security income letter as well as my Government pension payment slip just in case but not needed

Of course I had to show them my Passport, my Yellow Book and my Bank passbook.

What they used to process my multiple re-entry permit:

1. Copy of Passport face page.
2. Copy of previous permission to stay out of passport.
3. Copy of last Re-entry Permit out of poassport.
4. TM-8 application for re-entry permit with photo
5. 1900 Baht.

Time into Immigration 1300, Time out 1355. That also includes having to go over to K-Bank for 30 minutes just down the street to get the aforementioned Certificate of Account Balance, detailed account printout and passbook "updated." We'd gotten a certificate of account balance at Central K-Bank but they didn't provide the detailed printout nor the updated entry in the passbook.. I reckon all the banks near immigration know the drill 100%...

The health insurance boondoggle is another story.. the Long Stay TGIA site provides further links to "approved" providers. Expect a paperwork drill with asking for a quote after providing minimal info, getting a quote back along with an application for the policy to fill out. You'll also have to fill out their health exam paperwork and pay to get a pile of lab work, x-ray, and physician exam completed. (Bankgok Hospital charged close to 10K baht for the required tests). Then you scan everything; signed application, their completed health form signed and stamped by the hospital, and all lab slips. Expect to wait 5-7 days as the company's underwriters determine all your pre-existing conditions that you've claimed as well as any that might be indicated from your lab work.. Then they'll send you a lengthy policy rider that exempts ALL noted pre-existing conditions from coverage.. If you accept that, sign it, transfer the money to pay you'll get your policy certificate in a few days.... That's the form I provided to Immigration which the lady processing my packet looked bewildered about, asking me where I'd got it from... I told them through their mandatory website (the info page was hanging from her desk). Her supervisor looked at it and gave her the OK...
Dave

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”