Immigration Office

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration Office

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 20, 2019, 7:00 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 20, 2019, 3:53 am

Mr Trump, the only thing I have in common with him is we both play snooker,
The thing you have in common with the Orange idiot is spreading false twisted information and claiming it to be the truth, then when challenged on it making ad hominem attacks to try to inflate your importance

Plonk!

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 20, 2019, 9:24 am

my cousin whom works as an engineer at suvarnabhumi airport never has done his extensions of stay himself ...
the company he is working for does them as he is indispensable at work ...
i am sure there will be others like this?....as info... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2019, 2:06 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:23 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 19, 2019, 2:02 am

My Logic was based on the 2008 crash
It is not logic, it is fear based assumptions drawing incorrect conclusions from a very different condition.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
It does not.

That situation was caused by lending money to people who could not pay it back then selling that debt at high prices as it was disguised to conceal the fact that it was bad, and not having secured the loans on high enough value items.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Does Thailand have a compensation scheme for losses when a Bank goes Bust?
Yes ฿10,000,000 per customer per bank so almost 3 times better the the UK one
Steady on Mr Woodworker, You'll give yourself a heart attack, all that hate, another individual obsessed by a Mr Trump, the only thing I have in common with him is we both play snooker, I have to admit he is better than me.
Anyway back to Topic, I stand by my words, I leave you to wallow in your own Self-Righteousness.
You claimed parallels between Thailand's pre-1997 economic implosion with Thailand's current bank balance and STWW politely explained exactly why your comparison is so left-field it has a whole other zip code. Outwith your small mind (and possibly your perilous bank balance) the similarities you claim just don't exist.

You then suggested that the average punter's Thai bank deposits are totally unsecured and at risk. Once again, STWW offered the truth which is diametrically opposite to every perceived Thai ineptitude that you curiously hold dear.

Obfuscation, ignorance, bent pride and word-standing aside, your hopeless myth is still well and truly busted.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 21, 2019, 3:10 am

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2019, 2:06 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:23 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

My Logic was based on the 2008 crash
It is not logic, it is fear based assumptions drawing incorrect conclusions from a very different condition.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
It does not.

That situation was caused by lending money to people who could not pay it back then selling that debt at high prices as it was disguised to conceal the fact that it was bad, and not having secured the loans on high enough value items.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Does Thailand have a compensation scheme for losses when a Bank goes Bust?
Yes ฿10,000,000 per customer per bank so almost 3 times better the the UK one
Steady on Mr Woodworker, You'll give yourself a heart attack, all that hate, another individual obsessed by a Mr Trump, the only thing I have in common with him is we both play snooker, I have to admit he is better than me.
Anyway back to Topic, I stand by my words, I leave you to wallow in your own Self-Righteousness.
You claimed parallels between Thailand's pre-1997 economic implosion with Thailand's current bank balance and STWW politely explained exactly why your comparison is so left-field it has a whole other zip code. Outwith your small mind (and possibly your perilous bank balance) the similarities you claim just don't exist.

You then suggested that the average punter's Thai bank deposits are totally unsecured and at risk. Once again, STWW offered the truth which is diametrically opposite to every perceived Thai ineptitude that you curiously hold dear.

Obfuscation, ignorance, bent pride and word-standing aside, your hopeless myth is still well and truly busted.
Tamada, you have got your facts wrong, it was you talking about 1997 Crash, If you look back you will see I was comparing the 2008 crash to similarities to the present day debt situation in Thailand. It is difficult to continue this debate as it would be unwise for anyone to talk about the Ethics of the Thai Banking system or Thai Politics on a Thai Forum in the Big Brother world we live in and being small minded and ignorant what would I know anyway.
You have read an awful lot into a simple question about the Thai Bank compensation scheme, you assume too much about what I hold dear.
Woody, your mate obviously need help, To go off into a rant about Donald Trump a man who has nothing to do with this Topic or me is disturbing. Maybe there's a name for it "Trump Phobia"
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2019, 4:07 am

^ You are correct. In my rush to criticize your poor grasp of of the root-cause of economic crises, I speed-read the dates and missed that your reference was to the more recent 2008 crash. I do apologize for my imprecision.

Now, in the mutual interest of eliminating any doubt about your small-mindedness in this precise area and keeping in mind that lese majeste, defamation laws and the computer crimes act does not apply to openly discussing the Thai banking system or the nation's economy on a public forum, with regard to your perceived "similarities to the present day debt situation in Thailand" and your earlier "a similar situation now exists in Thailand", can you actually define and quantify any these similarities? This is go beyond the usual calumny such as 'the country is broke' or 'they haven't a clue' and other similarly glib and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

I have no idea who STWW is and don't care who introduced Trump to this thread or why so can we agree not to add to the already sizeable lump of obfuscation that you already own here?

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 21, 2019, 5:35 pm

Well back in there again today they really aren't interested in looking at the 12 month bank statement, in my case to use as the combined income and savings to qualify for retirement so given up on that and gone for marriage on savings, all looks okay have to go back next month first to show bank book , recently updated next week then four weeks later for the under consideration update .All front desk staff reasonably pleasant but was told change from retirement to marriage must pay 500bht, when I asked do I get a receipt or am I paying for your lunch I didn't get a reply and nothing more was said about it .
One sour note on entering the office there was a youngish, think it was a bloke at the first desk where you take your queue card who apparently was rather rude to my missus when she asked what colour to take, unfortunately she didn't tell me till we left, if I had known I would have twisted its ear rings and made it scream . :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 21, 2019, 6:41 pm

Had the same experience today with same guy, disturbed him on his phone (not speaking, just looking and quietly laughing) to tell him there were no TM7's in the tray. From the look he gave me I must have asked for a boyfriend of his to barbecue his nuts. A lady friend who went to Uni with him confirmed he is not over fond of the ladies.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 21, 2019, 6:51 pm

Just an update from today's Retirement Extension visit. Knew from a visit on Friday last that there was going to be a penalty cost for not having sufficient funds in early enough to comply (my faulty so no quibbles) In today and front desk staff all quite pleasant and helpful apart from the little appendage at the first desk. Paid up and no problems with anything, lady also gave me my 90 day reporting (yellow) form. I asked do I have to bring my updated bankbook in at same time and she just smiled and said "No more checks" Be interested if anyone else has the same or differing instructions from the IO.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 21, 2019, 7:40 pm

Has anyone yet tried the monthly income option?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2019, 8:02 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 21, 2019, 6:51 pm
Just an update from today's Retirement Extension visit. Knew from a visit on Friday last that there was going to be a penalty cost for not having sufficient funds in early enough to comply (my faulty so no quibbles) In today and front desk staff all quite pleasant and helpful apart from the little appendage at the first desk. Paid up and no problems with anything, lady also gave me my 90 day reporting (yellow) form. I asked do I have to bring my updated bankbook in at same time and she just smiled and said "No more checks" Be interested if anyone else has the same or differing instructions from the IO.
Do I assume that there was somewhat more than ฿1,900 to pay possibly with no receipt for anything more than that?
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 21, 2019, 8:42 pm

Thought the wording of my post was fairly obvious but, for clarities sake, affirmative.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 22, 2019, 4:50 am

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2019, 4:07 am
^ You are correct. In my rush to criticize your poor grasp of of the root-cause of economic crises, I speed-read the dates and missed that your reference was to the more recent 2008 crash. I do apologize for my imprecision.

Now, in the mutual interest of eliminating any doubt about your small-mindedness in this precise area and keeping in mind that lese majeste, defamation laws and the computer crimes act does not apply to openly discussing the Thai banking system or the nation's economy on a public forum, with regard to your perceived "similarities to the present day debt situation in Thailand" and your earlier "a similar situation now exists in Thailand", can you actually define and quantify any these similarities? This is go beyond the usual calumny such as 'the country is broke' or 'they haven't a clue' and other similarly glib and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

I have no idea who STWW is and don't care who introduced Trump to this thread or why so can we agree not to add to the already sizeable lump of obfuscation that you already own here?
Thank you for your advice, however I prefer to use my own judgement on what I should or should not write on this Forum, However I see no harm in referring to Wikipedia to back up my suspicions, the following link gives an accurate description of events leading up to and the causes of 2008 Crash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial ... %80%932008

Particular attention should given to the section on Subprime Lending, This practice is rife in my neck of the woods, I can only assume that it is widespread. Loans given to people who cannot keep up the repayments using property as a backup for default. I trust you can see the similarity to the 2008 Crash with this ingredient of the overall recipe, See following link

https://www.google.com/search?q=subprim ... e&ie=UTF-8

According to Wikipedia, Woody's compensation scheme is inaccurate, it is 1M baht not 10M, well below that of the UK's 3.2M bht, see following link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposit_i ... e#Thailand

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 22, 2019, 8:28 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 22, 2019, 4:50 am

According to Wikipedia, Woody's compensation scheme is inaccurate, it is 1M baht not 10M, well below that of the UK's 3.2M bht, see following link
If you are going to use a source for your information you should understand that Wikipedia is never authoritative. Ask any university student or school student (who goes to a good school) and they will tell you that if they use Wikipedia as a reference they will fail the assignment

It is a general guide with many faults and bad information. It is wrong about the bank guarantee
BangkokBank wrote:The Deposit Protection Institution Act took effect on August 11, 2008. Since then, the initial full-coverage protection limit of 100 million Baht per depositor per financial institution has been continuously reduced, to 50 million Baht on August 11, 2012 and to 15 million baht on August 11, 2016. From August 11, 2020, the Deposit Protection Agency will lower the deposit coverage limit to 1 million baht.

The projected reduction in the guarantee has been postponed before and may be again.

So when the UK introduced it's generous £85,000 guarantee Thailand brought in a £1,500,000 guarantee =D>

Having seen that it is you source of information explains exactly why you are so badly wrong.

Citing Wikipedia is as good as saying "some bloke down the pub told me" and basing anything on what you were told rather than doing your own research from reliable sources.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 22, 2019, 1:01 pm

Woody, you patronisingly criticise my source of reference and then you use a source of reference, Bangkok Bank, that makes no mention of the 10m you originally quoted, you on drugs or something? I guess it was off the top of your head, far superior than Wikipedia.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 22, 2019, 2:14 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 22, 2019, 1:01 pm
Woody, you patronisingly criticise my source of reference and then you use a source of reference, Bangkok Bank, that makes no mention of the 10m you originally quoted, you on drugs or something? I guess it was off the top of your head, far superior than Wikipedia.
My name is not now nor ever has it been Woody neither is it an acceptable shortening of my user ID.

I don't patronisingly criticise your source. I categorically state that it is unacceptable as a reliable reference as will all of my colleagues before I retired and everyone else worldwide in similar professions.

Try sourcing the information from the agency that provides the guarantee, the DPA not the inaccurate Wikipedia.

You can then apologise, though I doubt you have the character or courage to do that, so I won't be holding my breath.

Once again, but this time I will resist the temptation to peak, Plonk!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 22, 2019, 6:23 pm

Just as a point of information, the Thai bank deposit guarantee is currently 10 million baht, and falls to 5 million baht in August 2019, It is then due to fall to one million in august 2020.

This info was retrieved from 3 different internet locations, but this being Thailand, doesn't mean much.....

Previously the decrease in deposits has often been put off on a year by year basis. So it may not fall in August.

Personally i am a big fan of Wikipedia, I find it actually more accurate than many books ...... but of course information is not always up to date, so not always the best source for rules and regulations that can change (this also applies even more so to books!).

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 2, 2019, 10:47 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know, what Days the Udon Thani Thai Immigraion Offiice is open?

Is it open on Saturday?

Also what times does it normally open in the morning, if you are looking to get a letter from them to open a Bank Account?

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 2, 2019, 11:14 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 2, 2019, 10:47 pm
Hi,

Is it open on Saturday?

Also what times does it normally open in the morning, if you are looking to get a letter from them to open a Bank Account?

pipoz4444
It used to open on Saturday but no longer.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 2, 2019, 11:28 pm

June 2, 2019, 11:14 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 2, 2019, 10:47 pm
Hi,

Is it open on Saturday?

pipoz4444
It used to open on Saturday but no longer.

Oh Pooh, I am on a tight schedule this trip. Need to get the letter from Immigration and then open the Bank Account all within 4 hours on the Monday

Don't suppose you know what time the open on a Monday morning?

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 3, 2019, 5:52 am

I think you will find they are closed today , Monday , as its a public holiday ........Again ! :shock:

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”