Immigration Office

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Immigration Office

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Anyone who had to visit immigration today you have my sympathy. Queue's outside as well as in.
Luckily I only had to get my passport stamped (did the paperwork last month) but that took nearly 40 mins even after being "bumped" up the queue by 8 numbers :oops:

Given that 90 day reports/annual extensions/passport stamping etc etc can always be calculated days/weeks in advance (and its computerised) it amazes me why they dont re assess the dates when they know there is going to be a very heavy workload :-k

No reason why they didnt tell me last month .....sorry we will be very busy on 7th Dec so come and get your stamp done on 3rd Dec or 11th Dec (whenever they can forsee a lighter workload day) Wouldnt that seem to be sensible? not a prob for me as still only one visit, their staff would be less harrassed by the workload and the people who genuinely needed to be there on 7th wouldnt have had to wait as long ....... win win win ???

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration Office

Post by dunroaming » December 7, 2018, 12:04 pm

Might be due to being late is a penalty being early you lose part of your 90 days. I know from past experience you can get your 90 day stamp up to 7 days early but lose at the other end. Would be good if they could accommodate but that's wishful thinking.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 7, 2018, 12:08 pm

I went yesterday at 10 am, it was so crowded I left. Went today at 9 am, no one in the 90 day line, 2 farangs doing extensions.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 7, 2018, 12:11 pm

Great. Was going to do my extension on Monday but due to office being shut am going this afternoon. :evil:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2018, 12:19 pm

By 10:30 there were 7 or 8 in the queue for 90 day reports and seemingly not decreasing ........ by the time one had been done another had come through the door

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 7, 2018, 12:46 pm

I arrived at 9. 20 am today and got out 10.15 am there to do my extension I was also lucky and got bumped by 6 third year in a row I scored Miss "EVIL" all paper work was in order at the end she asked 2000 baht "what for?" "copy" handed over 1900 baht no further request.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2018, 12:53 pm

macca46 wrote:
December 7, 2018, 12:46 pm
I arrived at 9. 20 am today and got out 10.15 am there to do my extension I was also lucky and got bumped by 6 third year in a row I scored Miss "EVIL" all paper work was in order at the end she asked 2000 baht "what for?" "copy" handed over 1900 baht no further request.

Have to say macca, kudos to the staff (inc Miss Evil :lol: ) none of whom could be working harder =D>

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » December 7, 2018, 12:58 pm

The only lady immigration officer on the front desk is always helpful, & extremely pleasant to my wife & I.

Certainly wouldn't call her 'evil'.

Mostly I go for my 90 day stamp just before lunch. Excluding Monday & Friday.

Takes about 20 minutes max.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 7, 2018, 3:13 pm

Does Udon Immigration open on Saturday mornings?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 7, 2018, 3:29 pm

I've been twice this week.couldnt get in the door first time and then yesterday go ticket number 24 and sat next to someone with ticket number 3.just got up and walked out.going again this Tuesday and hopefully it's calmed down.they could actually do with a larger office and some decent air con with a cold drink machine.oh I forgot it's only for farang so the shed will do.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 7, 2018, 5:30 pm

macca46 wrote:
December 7, 2018, 3:13 pm
Does Udon Immigration open on Saturday mornings?
Yes

However call to be sure +66 42 249 982 or 042-249-983
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 7, 2018, 6:40 pm

I believe the Saturday morning service has now ceased.
pomps post on Udon Talk bears this out,also.
I,d try ringing just to make sure.Dont want a wasted journey if you are travelling a fair distance.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 8, 2018, 2:04 am

I was in there a couple of weeks ago doing my pulse and address check , and there was a notice on the door saying the saturday morning openings were ceased .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 8, 2018, 10:21 am

was there today , did not read this before ,
and to confirm they are closed , not open any more on saturdays..as info.. ;)

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm

This is not a comment on getting a visa but a general observation of the underhanded going ons in there .
Went in earlier this week to renew my retirement visa, wasn't successful due to my stupidity in letting the balance fall below the 800k back in March, only for 7 days and only by 200bht, okay I was in the wrong can't complain even if I do think a bit of discretion could have been used .It's what happened after I thought may be interesting. My companion was
approached, still inside the waiting room by a very fat lady wearing a grey dress and told for 25k she can get the visa for me, no need for money in bank or anything like that , her words, to prove her ability she showed her a fistful of passports, ten according to her, as my problem is not a major one and can be rectified next week, she declined her assistance, afterwards the fat lady went behind the counter and was seen sitting at a table with two guys in yellow shirts,
doing the visa's , certainly looked like it, certainly weren't eating rice .Now my mathematical brain tells me that's a cool quarter of a million baht, just one day and one visit .Nice if you can get it Aye? :-#
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm

needs a video and spread on social media.. That would bring such activity to a screaming halt..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2019, 9:04 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm
This is not a comment on getting a visa but a general observation of the underhanded going ons in there .
Went in earlier this week to renew my retirement visa, wasn't successful due to my stupidity in letting the balance fall below the 800k back in March, only for 7 days and only by 200bht, okay I was in the wrong can't complain even if I do think a bit of discretion could have been used .It's what happened after I thought may be interesting. My companion was
approached, still inside the waiting room by a very fat lady wearing a grey dress and told for 25k she can get the visa for me, no need for money in bank or anything like that , her words, to prove her ability she showed her a fistful of passports, ten according to her, as my problem is not a major one and can be rectified next week, she declined her assistance, afterwards the fat lady went behind the counter and was seen sitting at a table with two guys in yellow shirts,
doing the visa's , certainly looked like it, certainly weren't eating rice .Now my mathematical brain tells me that's a cool quarter of a million baht, just one day and one visit .Nice if you can get it Aye? :-#
The first confirmed sighting of the hitherto unknown and somewhat elusive Udon Thani visa agent in the wild. A truly David Attenborough moment.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2019, 9:08 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
needs a video and spread on social media.. That would bring such activity to a screaming halt..
I seriously doubt it. Once the source of the nefarious, incriminating video is identified, the computer crime act kicks in with defamation charges following and the perpetrator's feet won't be touching the ground between Phosi and IDC Bangkok.

That's one less 'bad guy' to mess with.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 16, 2019, 4:27 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm
a very fat lady wearing a grey dress and told for 25k she can get the visa for me, no need for money in bank or anything like that , her words, to prove her ability she showed her a fistful of passports, ten according to her, as my problem is not a major one and can be rectified next week
25,000 THB to fix a small problem.Very good coin if you can get it.I am sorry that you had to encounter a Fat lady in a grey dress.Oh the horror.
Voiceover for hire.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 16, 2019, 5:19 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
In a civilised country possibly, but here no.I would think that there must be CCTV cameras throughout that office, so it would be apparent for anyone interested what is going on to see it, therefore one must come to the conclusion that those up top are either blind or complicit to it .Therefore any action on social media would be concentrated on the person revealing the crime not those committing it.That's how things work under a military dictatorship.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”