Income Letter

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: Income Letter

Post by Brian Davis » October 14, 2018, 10:20 am

If it helps anyone on a visa based on marriage and what income he must have/show, I'm attaching an extract from the act or law(I haven't gone back to check now) which appears still valid and is referred to in one of the opening posts on this topic. You'll see that 40,000 baht per month is referred to.
It was the 'or' in the paragraph which I argued about with the Immigration officer based then at the airport. Indeed, I had to show him this copy.
Income.jpg

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » October 14, 2018, 10:40 am

1. The immigration officer can demand to see proof of income (pension) AND sufficient money seasoned in a Thai bank. It has happened to me -- Mr. Happy.

2. If the account is a single, fixed account, there is no ATM card, no checks, and no way for a widow to withdraw the money.

It's a soup sandwich. And now, in Nong Khai, there seems little difference between the old marriage extension runaround and the easier retirement visa. Photos of the house inside and out, wife present with copies of all ID. The only difference it seems is the witnesses (2 ea.) I might change back to the marriage visa.

Man, is this great or what? \:D/
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Brian Davis wrote:
October 14, 2018, 10:20 am
If it helps anyone on a visa based on marriage and what income he must have/show, I'm attaching an extract from the act or law(I haven't gone back to check now) which appears still valid and is referred to in one of the opening posts on this topic. You'll see that 40,000 baht per month is referred to.
It was the 'or' in the paragraph which I argued about with the Immigration officer based then at the airport. Indeed, I had to show him this copy.Income.jpg
There is no confusion about either having a 400k deposit, seasoned for 2 months (some offices require 3months) or a an average income of at least 40k per month.

The problem is that immigration requires documentation of the income, and for those who get income in a foreign country the requirement is for the income to be certified by the UK embassy and they are stopping that service.

At the moment no immigration office has said that they will accept any other form of proof of income. No immigration office has so far said that they will accept foreign transfers into a Thai bank account

So as it stands now the income method, from January 2019 will no longer be available to UK citizens (unless they are legally working in Thailand). It is a catch 22 situation.

This is of course a situation that could change but it requires the immigration office to make clear if any other proof of income will be accepted.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » October 14, 2018, 11:12 am

Brian Davis wrote:
October 14, 2018, 10:20 am
which I argued about with the Immigration officer based then at the airport. Indeed,
What a sad situation that one must argue with Immigration officers....life is getting more difficult for all Ailens for sure.
Voiceover for hire.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 14, 2018, 4:39 pm

Raoul
That was a long time back. One officer was telling me there was only one option, when I had to speak to the guy in charge to show him differently. As I said, things seem to be better these days (changes in staff too), particularly in Udon, although after ‘words’ about a visa transfer between passports, I’d like to think a “Don’t Mess” popup appears on the computer screen when they see me coming!

Nice post, sometimewoodworker .
Yes, I agree there should be no confusion over the requirements, but see Galee’s post when he called in very recently – “I was told only one option, letter from the bank showing money in the bank. There will be no more monthly income option.". Well, that particular officer seemed muddled.
Also, as the requirements are clearly down in black and white on the Immigration’s own literature, why should one office to another, or even one officer to another, differ on a 2 or 3 month’s requirement? It probably doesn’t make that much difference to an applicant, but it’s still wrong.
I appreciate that there's more difficult things to be clarified e.g. for those who don't, at present, have income coming into Thai bank accounts

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » October 14, 2018, 5:55 pm

spot on
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
October 14, 2018, 4:39 pm
Raoul
That was a long time back. One officer was telling me there was only one option, when I had to speak to the guy in charge to show him differently. As I said, things seem to be better these days (changes in staff too), particularly in Udon, although after ‘words’ about a visa transfer between passports, I’d like to think a “Don’t Mess” popup appears on the computer screen when they see me coming!

Nice post, sometimewoodworker .
Yes, I agree there should be no confusion over the requirements, but see Galee’s post when he called in very recently – “I was told only one option, letter from the bank showing money in the bank. There will be no more monthly income option.". Well, that particular officer seemed muddled.
Also, as the requirements are clearly down in black and white on the Immigration’s own literature, why should one office to another, or even one officer to another, differ on a 2 or 3 month’s requirement? It probably doesn’t make that much difference to an applicant, but it’s still wrong.
I appreciate that there's more difficult things to be clarified e.g. for those who don't, at present, have income coming into Thai bank accounts
Brian, My Late Father had a GREAT Saying......" It's A Great Life IF Yer Don't Weaken "......How True !!

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » October 28, 2018, 11:42 am

Anyone thinking of getting the income letter from the British embassy in advance should be aware that the last date for receiving applications is Dec !2, not !st January2019.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » November 1, 2018, 8:51 am

Has anyone spoken to the immigration office in Udon and received confirmation that an income affidavit issued by the U.S. embassy outreach in Udon on Nov. 7 will be accepted as proof of income for six months after issuance? That would be until May 7, 2019.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 1, 2018, 10:57 am

tutone wrote:
November 1, 2018, 8:51 am
Has anyone spoken to the immigration office in Udon and received confirmation that an income affidavit issued by the U.S. embassy outreach in Udon on Nov. 7 will be accepted as proof of income for six months after issuance? That would be until May 7, 2019.
Just that someone posted in one of these different links that they had ask immigration in (Udon)? about the Notarize letter, and the stopping by US/UK was news to him.

Good to remember Thai immigration rules for the letters, is that they Must be no older than 6 months and the same calendar year.

My renewal is in Dec, so I don't see a problem for me, but time will tell.

You could ask, but just remember come 2019 they just might Not accept. I know in my case, I had asked something and got the OK answer, but later when I renewed got a different answer. But it just might be worth the chance.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 1, 2018, 11:54 am

RLTrader wrote:
November 1, 2018, 10:57 am
tutone wrote:
Just that someone posted in one of these different links that they had ask immigration in (Udon)? about the Notarize letter, and the stopping by US/UK was news to him.

Good to remember Thai immigration rules for the letters, is that they Must be no older than 6 months and the same calendar year.

You could ask, but just remember come 2019 they just might Not accept. I know in my case, I had asked something and got the OK answer, but later when I renewed got a different answer. But it just might be worth the chance.
So, if this be the case then anyone who gets an Income Affidavit in Udon on Nov 7th and tries to use it for a visa extension anytime in 2019, Udon Immigration will not accept it because it is dated 2018. That hardly seems logical, but then again, who said anything makes sense in this crazy country.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 1, 2018, 12:18 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 1, 2018, 11:54 am
RLTrader wrote:
tutone wrote:

So, if this be the case then anyone who gets an Income Affidavit in Udon on Nov 7th and tries to use it for a visa extension anytime in 2019, Udon Immigration will not accept it because it is dated 2018. That hardly seems logical, but then again, who said anything makes sense in this crazy country.
Ya, sounds crazy if your renewal is in Jan or Feb, but prior to this change, one would have just gotten their letter in Jan or Feb. But I bet someone out there got a letter last Oct/Nov and used it in Jan/Mar, Right? Lets hear from them>

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 1, 2018, 8:03 pm

RLTrader wrote:

I think that you are wrong on the same calendar year point, I have certainly never heard of it before.

Also there is a reasonable chance that immigration will allow early applications for renewal, certainly the US embassy is saying that they will be permitted because of the changes. They don't say how early you can apply.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2018, 1:08 pm

Screen Shot 2018-11-02.png
At least the Aussies won't feel left out now.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 2, 2018, 1:12 pm

I used to get my British embassy letter in December to use in January, no problem. so i think the same calendar year requirement is not true. I have heard one unsubstantiated claim that immigration will refuse all letters from January 2019 ...... If actually true that could be a big problem.

Immigration need to make some public announcements, and soon.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2018, 2:04 pm

"Immigration need to make some public announcements, and soon."

at the discretion of the Immigration Officer I assume

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 2, 2018, 2:43 pm

Yea , it would be nice to get some solid clarification from immigration .
Well as solid as it ever gets.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 2, 2018, 2:50 pm

Not surprised the Australian Embassy has joined the band wagon be it though it is technically illegal, under Australian law, for them to deny "witnessing" a signature on a Stat Dec. None of their business what is written on the Declaration! The onus is on the author to declare true statements.

Interesting to see what the Thai Immigration will do to circumvent the situation!

Ms Dodgy Visa (Udon) and her co-horts in the banking system (800K in and 800 K out) and Immigration must be over the moon = 15K baht this year 25K Baht next (just a guess)!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2018, 3:45 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 2, 2018, 2:50 pm
Not surprised the Australian Embassy has joined the band wagon be it though it is technically illegal, under Australian law, for them to deny "witnessing" a signature on a Stat Dec. None of their business what is written on the Declaration! The onus is on the author to declare true statements.

Interesting to see what the Thai Immigration will do to circumvent the situation!

Ms Dodgy Visa (Udon) and her co-horts in the banking system (800K in and 800 K out) and Immigration must be over the moon = 15K baht this year 25K Baht next (just a guess)!
Despite Australian law being irrelevant to Thailand, I do see your point on the 'technically illegal' bit. However, why would they waste time to issue a document that ultimately the Thai Immigration aren't going to accept?

Thai Immigration don't have to do anything. The existing police order clearly states what financials need to be proven and how. The income letter in all shapes and forms was never mentioned in the police order and was something Thai Immigration invented to service the status quo at the time. That was then, this is now, unfortunately.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 2, 2018, 4:01 pm

Five Eyes alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

As far as Thai Immigration only word that someone posted was that they were unaware of this news when asked.

Think Bandung_Dero's comment would also apply to US, if memory is correct.

Can you say Regime Change.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”