THAI EMBASSY CANBERRA AUSTRALIA....

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Mudguard
udonmap.com

THAI EMBASSY CANBERRA AUSTRALIA....

Post by Mudguard » November 9, 2017, 1:23 pm

I WENT TO OZ FOR NEW PASSPORT AND I APPLIED BY MAIL FOR AN O A RETIREMENT VISA FROM THE THAI EMBASSY.

I RECEIVED IT AFTER 6 DAYS......

TALK ABOUT EASY WHEN COMPARING TO THE RIDICULOUS CONDITIONS IMPOSED BY THAI IMM IN THAILAND...

WHERE ONE HAS TO GO TO BKK FOR A SIGNATURE AFTER ONES INCOME STATEMENT HAS ALREADY BEEN VERIFIED BY ONES EMBASSY....

HAVE A GOOD DAY.... :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: THAI EMBASSY CANBERRA AUSTRALIA....

Post by BobHelm » November 9, 2017, 1:37 pm

Are you sure that you got an OA visa, as they last a year so I am puzzled as to why you are getting letters from your embassy confirming your income status..

The information required by Canberra for an OA visa is greater than that required by internal Thai Immigration for a 1 year extension of stay.
Internally Thai Immigration require little apart from income confirmation/money in the bank.
Canberra require that plus an Australian criminal record check, plus a certificate of Health from Australia..
OA visa.png
Canberra OA visa requirements

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » November 9, 2017, 2:40 pm

My retirement visa takes less than 1 hour at Udon immigration, 1,900 baht, so so easy, hats off to the staff there, a job well done in my book compared to years earlier.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » November 9, 2017, 7:24 pm

not forgetting can get 2 years from the done in Aus visa
compare with renewing annually here
I do it every 2 years works in with visiting family in Oz

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2017, 1:25 am

fatbob wrote:
November 9, 2017, 2:40 pm
My retirement visa takes less than 1 hour at Udon immigration, 1,900 baht, so so easy, hats off to the staff there, a job well done in my book compared to years earlier.
Udon Immigration accepts the embassy affidavit/proof of income letter on face value without the need for it to be 'notarized' by the MFA in Bangkok?

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”