Rte 2 to Rte 22 to Nong Sai by-pass

Udon Thani news, views and comments
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Rte 2 to Rte 22 to Nong Sai by-pass

Post by FrazeeDK » December 23, 2019, 12:18 pm

Udon Thani Route 2 to Rte 22 to Nong Sai by-pass. The Udon Development FB page mentioned that the final planning for this by-pass is being done and construction should start in 2021. This is the map of the route they posted.
Udon bypass to Nong Sai.jpg
it mentions an overpass, probably on Rte 22 (Sakon Nakhon highway).

Dave

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: Rte 2 to Rte 22 to Nong Sai by-pass

Post by anefarious1 » December 23, 2019, 1:10 pm

Any idea why the line is red north of the road to Nong sai and blue south of the road to Nong Sai?

I live in this area and this idea seems half baked to me. Just look at the ridiculous curve once has to travel and with all the intersections this couldn't possibly save time versus the main ring road if traveling north.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 23, 2019, 3:38 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
December 23, 2019, 1:10 pm
I live in this area and this idea seems half baked to me. Just look at the ridiculous curve once has to travel and with all the intersections this couldn't possibly save time versus the main ring road if traveling north.
Read the OP. It mentions an over-pass. Will be much quicker for traffic traveling north-south if it avoids the traffic lights on the existing ring road.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » December 24, 2019, 12:38 pm

Galee wrote:
December 23, 2019, 3:38 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
December 23, 2019, 1:10 pm
Read the OP. It mentions an over-pass. Will be much quicker for traffic traveling north-south if it avoids the traffic lights on the existing ring road.
Maybe, if it is a double lane road both ways. Single lane I'm not so sure it would save time. And if this new road ends with an intersection at the road to Sam Phrao what wouldn't make much sense. It should cross over that road but the map doesn't show that.

By the way, there is already a bypass road from Route 22 to Sam Phrao and NS area but nobody uses it because it is entirely broken.

Return to “Udon Thani News”