Drug suspect killed by police in Udon Thani

Udon Thani news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

Drug suspect killed by police in Udon Thani

Post by tamada » November 5, 2017, 4:05 am

A notorious drug pusher was killed by police in Udon Thani on Friday night when he allegedly resisted arrest.

Pol Colonel Jakkrapong Kenthaway, commander of the Kudjub police station, said Surapong Chanthachat, 29, alias Jack of Chiang Peng, was shot dead at his hut in Ban Chiang Peng village in Tambon Chiang Peng of Kudjub district at 9pm. ...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30330820

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: Drug suspect killed by police in Udon Thani

Post by Brian Davis » November 5, 2017, 11:19 am

"He was arrested on August 31 for carrying guns in a public place and using methamphetamine, and had been free on bail."

Perhaps I'm out of touch, but isn't that enough NOT to release him?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 5, 2017, 11:26 am

Brian Davis wrote:
November 5, 2017, 11:19 am
"He was arrested on August 31 for carrying guns in a public place and using methamphetamine, and had been free on bail."

Perhaps I'm out of touch, but isn't that enough NOT to release him?

No Brian ......not nearly enough ....... it's the 682nd amendment :-$

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 5, 2017, 1:10 pm

With roughly the same population as the uk.thailand has 4 times as many people behind bars...also the uk is known for banging people up.only last week an 80yr old woman was jailed for letting a dog bite someone and the owner who wasn't there got 180 hours community work.this lunatic wouldn't of seen bail or daylight for at least 5 years as being in possession of a fire arm has a mandatory 5 year sentence.thais don't get harsh punishments but they seem to have 4 times the uk banged up? I think there's a lot more crime go on than we actually know about.anyway that's one more head banging piece of crap off the streets for good.in the end he would of just ended up killing so it was the best outcome.sorry but no RIP on this one.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » November 7, 2017, 10:24 am

Good one more SCUM Bag off the Street. RIH(Rest in Heat(hell))

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2017, 10:52 am

'With roughly the same population as the uk.thailand has 4 times as many people behind bars...'

perhaps that may have something to do with the fact that there is a smaller percentage of Thais that "have the right connections" or are able to "grease enough palms" to stay on the outside :-k

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 7, 2017, 1:39 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 7, 2017, 10:52 am
'With roughly the same population as the uk.thailand has 4 times as many people behind bars...'

perhaps that may have something to do with the fact that there is a smaller percentage of Thais that "have the right connections" or are able to "grease enough palms" to stay on the outside :-k
I'm sorry but I have to disagree on that one.what a lot of people get jailed for in the uk is sometimes punishable by a wai and a 500baht fine here.http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... 4960....80 yr old,12 months behind bars and probably didn't even know the dog would do it..the owner who wasn't even there got 180hrs community work and banned for life from keeping dogs.here it would be a few thousand baht fine.fighting in the uk usually ends up with a prison sentence,here 500baht fine.this maniac who was a known yabba using drug dealer who carried a gun got bail.i wonder what high up connections he had to persuade the judge to give him bail.i was going to the village lake on loy katong but the locals said best not go,the youths carry knives and some have guns and always have fighting...so tell me on valentines night in the uk how many gangs of youths go out tooled up.there is no deterrent in the punishment handed out here wether high so or low so.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 7, 2017, 1:58 pm

stattointhailand wrote:

Drink drive in the uk,15 months automatically banned,fined,chance of losing your job,chance of going to prison,might even end up not being able to pay your mortgage and keep a roof over your head and no hope in sight of employment,drink driving here ?????? A joke.the punishment here is pathetic unless your a farang.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » November 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

I think you will find that the majority (and the vast majority of women) behind bars in Thailand have been locked away for drug offences - very often possession of a small amount for personal use only.

One day someone will have to decide what to do. Decriminalisation, or building a brand new prison in every province?

I know what I would do.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2017, 5:35 pm

caducus wrote:
November 7, 2017, 2:37 pm
I think you will find that the majority (and the vast majority of women) behind bars in Thailand have been locked away for drug offences - very often possession of a small amount for personal use only.

One day someone will have to decide what to do. Decriminalisation, or building a brand new prison in every province?

I know what I would do.
Better go get some shares in the Prison building company then caducus ;)

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » November 7, 2017, 6:23 pm

Actually, I'd rather invest in marijuana futures,

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » November 7, 2017, 7:28 pm

caducus wrote:
November 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

I know what I would do.
What would you do?

Neither of your options addresses why people take drugs or why some people become addicted
Do you have an answer for the latter?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2017, 7:49 pm

People become addicted because they are able to get a supply. They are able to get a supply because there are people who make big money from providing a supply. They are able to provide a supply because there are people who are making more money from allowing them to provide a supply than they would do from stopping them. They are allowed to "turn a blind eye" coz the people in charge of them are paid to "turn a blind eye". They are allowed to turn a blind eye because the politicians who are in charge of the departmental heads are getting a backhander to "talk the talk whilst NOT walking the walk"

Answer to the problem ...... shoot all MP's/senators etc etc :fryingpan:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 7, 2017, 8:20 pm

This is going to sound very simplistic.
I have three sons from my first marriage in the UK. Other than the occasional 'don't be daft' comment, I didn't lecture them on drugs. I left the UK quite a few years ago, when my sons were all at ages when going out and partying was a regular thing and I'm very certain drugs were about. To my knowledge and I consider myself fortunate, none of them have taken drugs. Yes, they all went to university(if that means anything) secured good jobs back then and now. What I'm really trying to say is, accepting that their lives were in a reasonable state, they made up their own minds that drugs could be problematical, dangerous and addictive and that it wasn't for them. My sons are not wonderfully intelligent, but just common sense said no.
Unfortunately there are many, for whatever reasons, who get involved in drugs, but I can't imagine anything positive in that.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 7, 2017, 8:44 pm

stattointhailand wrote:

Yes and in the uk everyone gets their palms greased,so that's why the prison population is so low.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 7, 2017, 9:05 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
November 7, 2017, 8:20 pm
This is going to sound very simplistic.
I have three sons from my first marriage in the UK. Other than the occasional 'don't be daft' comment, I didn't lecture them on drugs. I left the UK quite a few years ago, when my sons were all at ages when going out and partying was a regular thing and I'm very certain drugs were about. To my knowledge and I consider myself fortunate, none of them have taken drugs. Yes, they all went to university(if that means anything) secured good jobs back then and now. What I'm really trying to say is, accepting that their lives were in a reasonable state, they made up their own minds that drugs could be problematical, dangerous and addictive and that it wasn't for them. My sons are not wonderfully intelligent, but just common sense said no.
Unfortunately there are many, for whatever reasons, who get involved in drugs, but I can't imagine anything positive in that.
You are very lucky to have these sons what with uni and peer pressure and how easy it is for youths to get involved.i have a teenage daughter and hope she Takes the same path.many of the youths and younger have no hope,ambition,education and it will get worse because what else can they do.its down to the policies of the rulers and when I read they want to legalise drugs I cringe at the thought.

Return to “Udon Thani News”