Dog Shelter to Open in NonSung

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Dog Shelter to Open in NonSung

Post by parrot » November 2, 2017, 3:54 pm

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... &page=2639 at the bottom of that page is a short article about a dog shelter opening up in Non Sung in the next month or so.
Google translate is your friend.
Attachments
image-8E53_59FA8A13.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Dog Shelter to Open in NonSung

Post by FrazeeDK » November 2, 2017, 7:36 pm

well that's a start I supposed. Able to house 150 dogs, vaccinate them, neuter them, then return them to where they were "collected" which the article notes is mostly Temples where people dump the dogs they don't want... In our neighborhood park there is a semi-feral pack of 5-7 dogs that kindly villagers feed. They were dumped there about six months ago; 8 puppies of which three either are dead or "adopted." The Temple behind our place has a pack of 8-10 dogs depending upon how many puppies are still around.. Within a 100 meters of our place there are at least three other packs of dogs (4-8 each) that roam the neighborhood at night fighting, screwing, and tipping garbage bins over.. Some are "owned" but obviously not kept restrained.. Near as I can see none of them are neutered.. I reckon they'd need about four more of these "shelters" and 20-30 animal control teams with trucks to even put a dent in the tens of thousands of dogs in the province.. Doesn't say a thing about cats and that's a problem too.. Imagine if they insisted upon mandatory registration/vaccination/neutering for "pet" dogs..
Pardon the political incorrectness but if they sent in about a hundred "buckets for dogs" trucks (usually with Sakon Nakon plates) as in days of yore the excess dog problem would diminish rapidly...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 2, 2017, 7:37 pm

Baby steps!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 2, 2017, 8:45 pm

An Expat spent a week in AEK recently, having taken evasive action from a large dog that was about to attack him on his big bike.

This same dog , 3-4 days earlier had attached a Thai Citizen on a smaller bike and he fell off and died from his injuries, outside the temple.

The monks blessed the area and allowed the dog to remain and cause more human carnage and property damage.

Fortunately the large bike took this dog out for good.

When I walk my dog i take a serious pick handle with me and not afraid to use it against these feral dogs that attack pedestrians and motor cycles near my residence.

People feed these ferals daily and are also responsible for their actions by doing this IMO.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » November 3, 2017, 7:10 am

I'm the same Wazz. Unfortunately they're not so much feral's as Thai owned dogs that are just left to roam around. Some of them can be right nasty buggers.

Return to “Udon Thani News”