2 Locals killed in RTA involving foreigner

Udon Thani news, views and comments
jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: 2 Local kids killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by jai yen yen » July 1, 2017, 12:12 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2017, 3:49 pm
It is the Thais right to treat us like bad apples if they wish, they are the majority and we are but visible minorities. If you look at how North America treats minorities, they aren't doing too bad.
I guess you have never been to Canada, minorities, visitors, new immigrants, I guess anyone coming to Canada is treated with respect and the law applies equally to them as well. In fact I would say minorities have it better here than the majority of Canadian citizens which I don't agree with but that is the way it is. You are right about the Thais having the right to treat Foreigners the way they feel and that is why Farang must play by their rules and keep a low profile.
We are guests in Thailand but maybe we are unwelcome guests, other than our financial contribution of course.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 1, 2017, 8:52 am

Really, Canada has its own issues. The government welcomes immigrants and refugess, but the average guy does not agree with this. I was referring more to the greatest country in the world (USA) where non whites seem to be target practice for the police.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 1, 2017, 9:15 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 1, 2017, 8:52 am
Really, Canada has its own issues. The government welcomes immigrants and refugess, but the average guy does not agree with this. I was referring more to the greatest country in the world (USA) where non whites seem to be target practice for the police.
You are right, many people in Canada feel the government is too lenient, myself included. As far as the U.S. goes I have not lived there so I can't comment.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » July 1, 2017, 9:34 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 1, 2017, 12:12 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2017, 3:49 pm
It is the Thais right to treat us like bad apples if they wish, they are the majority and we are but visible minorities. If you look at how North America treats minorities, they aren't doing too bad.
I guess you have never been to Canada, minorities, visitors, new immigrants, I guess anyone coming to Canada is treated with respect and the law applies equally to them as well. In fact I would say minorities have it better here than the majority of Canadian citizens which I don't agree with but that is the way it is. You are right about the Thais having the right to treat Foreigners the way they feel and that is why Farang must play by their rules and keep a low profile.
We are guests in Thailand but maybe we are unwelcome guests, other than our financial contribution of course.
Mitter Bing Baht.No Popbhem.
Voiceover for hire.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » July 1, 2017, 4:38 pm

Raoul
I am not that computer savvy, but what does "Mitter Bing Baht.No Popbhem" mean in English
Just wondering
Ding

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » July 1, 2017, 6:43 pm

dingdong wrote:
July 1, 2017, 4:38 pm
Raoul
I am not that computer savvy, but what does "Mitter Bing Baht.No Popbhem" mean in English
Just wondering
Ding
I think where I come from it's probably something like "the geezers minted.so sorted"

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » July 1, 2017, 9:06 pm

Or he was on the piss but it was only 09:34AM

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 1, 2017, 10:16 pm

Getting back on topic, Wach is out of ICU but in a recovery ward with around 100 others, and his progress is slowing down and he's becoming very depressed. Folks, the donations came to a halt last night and we were hoping to hit the target so Wach can get his bank book and a new boost of encouragement. Please consider answering the call of support.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... ndonations

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/sav ... ry-his-mum
Attachments
Just Giving.PNG
Weebon.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 2, 2017, 12:58 am

dingdong wrote:
Raoul
Just wondering
Ding
I think it means if you bring money you are welcome in Thailand.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » July 2, 2017, 8:56 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 2, 2017, 12:58 am
dingdong wrote:
Raoul
Just wondering
Ding
Mister Bring Baht.No problem.
Yes,if you bring money you are welcome in Thailand.(as in any country)
It was a response I received,by a Thai official back in 1996 to a question I had regarding why I was placed at the front of the queue and the other Farang were waiting for what appeared to be eternity.
I love Thailand.
"Mitter Bing Baht.No Popbhem"
Voiceover for hire.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 2, 2017, 9:28 am

jai yen yen wrote:
I think that most countries like that its visitors, immigrants and visa holders can support themselves. :D

Amazing how easily such a great thread on a great effort somehow got input on how American police treat minorities and how Thai Nationals don't want us here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats to those who have donated and helped in such a worthy cause.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 2, 2017, 9:45 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 2, 2017, 9:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
I think that most countries like that its visitors, immigrants and visa holders can support themselves. :D

Amazing how easily such a great thread on a great effort somehow got input on how American police treat minorities and how Thai Nationals don't want us here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats to those who have donated and helped in such a worthy cause.
Thanks Lone Star! I hope that we can keep this topic on the "main thing" and save the dribble for another time and place.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 2, 2017, 4:45 pm

A current photo of Wach and his Aunt and cousin is below. The Aunt speaks English, so that's a step forward in understanding the type of care that will be needed in the future. Wach is now in the surgery recovery ward and there is talk of plastic surgery. One eye is stitched shut and he is fed liquid food via an IV as his face and mouth DON'T work and there is pipework for his nose.

Wach is nowhere near the stage of a smile. He will hopefully get there but recovery in order to walk and make his face work again is estimated at about 3 months before a return to school.

The donation campaign will be left open, but the first 50,000 Baht will be released soon. No celebratory photo will be taken until the lad is able to understand, appreciate and share the moment with the ice cream and cake.

All drops into the donation boxes below will be greatly appreciated by the family.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... ndonations will close 23/7/17

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/sav ... ry-his-mum will carry on till around that time as well.

[email protected] paypal account is ongoing for now as well.

The Aussie driver is still in jail and we are led to understand by a relevant party that he appears in court sometime next week.

For all of those who have demonstrated your support and encouragement by giving, your donations are genuinely appreciated and I'm sure that Wach's family will be forever grateful!!!!!!!
Attachments
Wach.jpg
Last edited by semperfiguy on July 2, 2017, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 2, 2017, 6:07 pm

As one child obviously didn't die might I suggest the misleading topic title is amended.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Re: 2 Locals killed in RTA involving foreigner

Post by dezzer111 » July 2, 2017, 7:51 pm

trubrit wrote:
July 2, 2017, 6:07 pm
As one child obviously didn't die might I suggest the misleading topic title is amended.
[/quoteWell. Said mate people should get their facts right before the know they know the true story.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 2, 2017, 9:08 pm

As I understand it, there were 3 on the scooter. One survived.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » July 2, 2017, 10:48 pm

trubrit wrote:
July 2, 2017, 6:07 pm
As Lone Star has noted.

2 killed. 3 were on the bike and 1 survived and as this thread notes in detail is out of ICU and into the recovery ward.

Coverage of this has been very widespread. Perhaps brush up on it more in depth before invoking editorial controls to the quite accurate thread title.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 3, 2017, 6:14 am

Yes thank you to the mod who changed the topic title to it's now , more correct version of two persons not two children.Not a question of invoking editorial controls simply to avoid any confusion,so let me clarify it was the mother and son who died , the nephew was the survivor .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 3, 2017, 12:20 pm

I've just made a small contribution to this cause.

Thanks to Liam and everyone else who have been involved.
I hope, as a group of foreigners, we can help support this kid and the families involved.
I know it was none of our fault, but a small contribution from all will go a long way to helping our own lives here in Thailand.
Every little bit helps.

Such a sad story.
Mick

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 3, 2017, 5:18 pm

So I guess the culprit is going to jail then, otherwise why isn't he made to contribute a few million baht

Return to “Udon Thani News”