Where There's a Will

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Where There's a Will

Post by parrot » February 9, 2017, 7:07 pm

Short interesting piece on Home Cable about a recent home burglary in the Sittarom housing development (SE ring road). According to the piece, the development has guarded entry 24 hours a day and the affected home had 6 CCTV cameras installed around the property. As I read the article, the house had a cement fence with spikes along the back wall to a vacant lot. Thief(s) had broken four of the spikes, crossed the wall, ่jimmied a sliding window open and walked out with a 52" TV. The cameras did not record the activity.

http://www.homecable.co.th/home-news/lo ... %E0%B8%A7/

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Re: Where There's a Will

Post by Nigglyb » February 9, 2017, 7:31 pm

I have to say all the developments boasting 24 hour guarded entry make me chuckle. Our quest to buy a house results in us visiting many of these developments to view properties & we used to stop at the gate so Mrs N could explain what we were doing. Now we just drive up to the barrier & the guard on duty always just lifts it with no questions asked, sometimes with a salute & click of the heels & he's certianly never seen us before
Sittarom is definitely one we visited
Last edited by Nigglyb on February 10, 2017, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 9, 2017, 8:23 pm

Guys, "security" is a fligment of your immagination..
As a terrible youth, before I grew up and got ligit, no wall was high enough, no security system good enough, even 6 foot steel vaults could be opened with a tire iron (and some intense muscle work).
What does work and some here will tell you, is, have some "terrible dogs".
Security guards love their long sleeps and can be over-come by a "kind" hand out of snacks..or can be bribed also. They are human, and therefor "have flaws".
Get some dogs.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 10, 2017, 2:15 am

Nope, can't say I've ever imagined security let alone fligments
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Return to “Udon Thani News”