Mosquito
udonmap.com

UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by Mosquito » December 18, 2016, 7:03 pm

JR
udonmap.com

Re: UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by JR » December 18, 2016, 7:11 pm

They live outside the Ring road on the south side. Their house was burgled before too

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 18, 2016, 7:25 pm

have read it before, but just wondering. if robbers enter your house and are armed, are you ok with killing them?

fiddlersgreen
udonmap.com

Post by fiddlersgreen » December 18, 2016, 7:35 pm

NO MATE YOU CAN NOT KILL OR HURT THEM UNDER CURRENT THAI LAW.
BUT YOUR SPOUSE CAN (nod nod wink wink).
THIS TYPE OF THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN MORE AND MORE, SAME AS AFTER THE CRASH IN 97.
FARANG BEWARE.
https://www.facebook.com/fiddlersgreenudonthani FOR DELIVERY PHONE US AT 088 315 5838

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 18, 2016, 7:54 pm

wow, that sucks.

was only concerned about killing them, as can't trust thai justice when it comes to thai vs falang cases.

so, wait a minute.............someone tries to rob you on the street and you defend yourself and accidently kill the guy................you can be charged/convicted of a crime?? i know this is thailand, but that can't be right??

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » December 18, 2016, 8:00 pm

That is also true in countries in Europe.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » December 18, 2016, 8:12 pm

New guard dog Fila pups coming in February, give them a nice surprise ;)

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 18, 2016, 8:29 pm

JR wrote:That is also true in countries in Europe.
yes, even in the USA..............but if everything is on the up and up you'd be released without charges.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 18, 2016, 9:25 pm

I like Monkeyman's burglar protection systems. And apparently he'll be getting some additional inventory in a couple of months.

kkudon6244
udonmap.com

Re: RE: Re: UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by kkudon6244 » December 18, 2016, 9:59 pm

monkeyman wrote:New guard dog Fila pups coming in February, give them a nice surprise ;)
How much will you be charging for the Fila pups? We have an old Thai dog just now that sleeps most of the day so looking for a bit of decent security and a nice dog at the same time

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 18, 2016, 10:25 pm

Details in Thai and more photos at https://www.thairath.co.th/content/814691

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 19, 2016, 5:52 am

A few gist notes on the thairath story. The 64 year old British man and his 45 year old Thai wife built their home in 2013 after he retired and came to live in Thailand. The home is about 500 meters from the nearby village (Nongnakham......about 10ish km from Udon and off to the right pf he Udon-Nong Han Hwy). After they finished supper, he retired upstairs to the bedroom watch TV and sleep. His wife stayed downstairs to clean the dishes and kitchen floors. As she was taking the trash out to the trash can, she was assaulted by two men, one fat, one thin, smelling of alcohol. They taped her mouth shut. They brought her inside the house and told her if her husband tried to flee, he'd die, because there were (supposedly) two other men waiting outside. They then taped the British man's mouth and feet and proceeded to look for loot. They found a watch, a ring, cash, and earrings (probably in the range of 300,000 total).
After the men left, it took about 30 minutes for the wife and husband the remove the tape from each other's and call police.
During the subsequent investigation, the wife told police they were robbed in August 2015 of 300,000Baht.
The police believe the thieves are not professional and live nearby.
Note.......I'm on vacation, so please excuse any translation mistakes.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 19, 2016, 7:23 am

Yes I do think we will see more of this sort of thing happening more as farang are an easy target with big money.the probability is that it was the same gang as the last time for sure.big house like they have will attract this sort of thing I'm afraid.i always say the more you have the more you should protect it.i live in the sticks and have cameras and leave the grounds very well lit at night and when the builders have finished I'm getting a Thai hating pitbull.i don't care if it messes up my nice garden a bit,it'll be worth it.im also going to install a couple of panic alarms with flashing lights an sirens for a couple of 1,000baht.makes me wonder how much security this couple had after being hit last year.they are definitely the gang from last year that have popped back for another slice of the cake.if they don't sort it out then they can expect this again in the future.just good to see they didn't have their throats cut for a few £1,000.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » December 19, 2016, 7:56 am

There is a small increase because of the pedigree fee with this next litter the pups will be 12,000 baht each, most thieves are opportunists and would rather rob your neighbors house than risk being chewed to pieces by a Fila Brasilero :shock: by parrots translation that the thieves were local and not pros in this recent robbery seems very feasible to me.. I think these days it is very wise for any expat to have some sort of security in place...

kkudon6244 wrote:
monkeyman wrote:New guard dog Fila pups coming in February, give them a nice surprise ;)
How much will you be charging for the Fila pups? We have an old Thai dog just now that sleeps most of the day so looking for a bit of decent security and a nice dog at the same time

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 19, 2016, 8:29 am

monkeyman wrote:There is a small increase because of the pedigree fee with this next litter the pups will be 12,000 baht each, most thieves are opportunists and would rather rob your neighbors house than risk being chewed to pieces by a Fila Brasilero :shock: by parrots translation that the thieves were local and not pros in this recent robbery seems very feasible to me.. I think these days it is very wise for any expat to have some sort of security in place...

Yes, an excellent security arrangement. In the U.S. I had a Doberman for a long time (he's the photo in my avatar). Excellent security, not only at my condo, but also when we went walking, regardless of the time of day or night. Yet he was still very gentle with small children. A perfect dog and companion.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 19, 2016, 8:50 am

Well if people don't know to much about dogs,read up on this breed.NOT recommended if you don't know what you're in for.Fila Brasilero IS voted one of top ten best guard dogs.."not many people can handle such power and no backyard parties with this dog walking around either!!" ...

I've had dogs all my life and when i say the above i have to admit that i've never even been close to a Fila B..But Dobbermans/Rottweilers and German Shepard..

So think FIRST before buying one..Maybe someting to really think about...Excellent Guarddog...but can you handel a beast like this???

My two Swedish Krona worth...Have a good day everyone..Dui at Nok's Restaurant

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 19, 2016, 11:39 am

Agree with you there,they are a fine dog for protection and know people here with them but you must be the master of the dog as it will always want to be the alpha.i think when fully grown the are bigger than a Thai man.also what if you get one and it eats the robber,how do you stand with law?

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » December 19, 2016, 12:27 pm

Yes I fully agree with you Dui these dogs are NOT for everyone and certainly not for anyone that is feint hearted,, they are a proper guard dog and do their job extremely well, where as some other large breeds can back down if hurt or in a situation these will not and will protect their family to the death...

We screen homes for suitability and as people on this forum that know me will confirm I have refused pups and given deposits back to buyers if I think their new homes will not be suitable... I also ask people to read up on them 1st as you can see in all my previous adverts: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/g ... 37263.html

Despite their guarding skills they also make a very good family dog, they devote their whole life to what they consider as ' their family ' they just do not like strangers but that is the whole idea of having a guard dog :lol:

We love ours so much and they are definitely ' our family '

Sorry for taking this topic a little ' off thread ' but we are talking about expat security and how to avoid being a victim like what happened to the poor guy which this topic is about...

All best folks' Doug

I've had dogs all my life and when i say the above i have to admit that i've never even been close to a Fila B..But Dobbermans/Rottweilers and German Shepard..

So think FIRST before buying one..Maybe someting to really think about...Excellent Guarddog...but can you handel a beast like this???

My two Swedish Krona worth...Have a good day everyone..Dui at Nok's Restaurant
Last edited by monkeyman on December 19, 2016, 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kkudon6244
udonmap.com

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: UDON THANI ROBBERY

Post by kkudon6244 » December 19, 2016, 12:28 pm

monkeyman wrote:There is a small increase because of the pedigree fee with this next litter the pups will be 12,000 baht each, most thieves are opportunists and would rather rob your neighbors house than risk being chewed to pieces by a Fila Brasilero :shock: by parrots translation that the thieves were local and not pros in this recent robbery seems very feasible to me.. I think these days it is very wise for any expat to have some sort of security in place...

kkudon6244 wrote:

Ive sent you a PM.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 19, 2016, 1:02 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:... also what if you get one and it eats the robber,how do you stand with law?
Burglar? What burglar? I don't see any burglar, officer.

Return to “Udon Thani News”