Jobs in Israel

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Jobs in Israel

Post by parrot » August 22, 2016, 7:24 pm

I passed Landmark around noon today......a line extending from the Bangkok Bank side of Landmark all the way to the clock circle and many people deep. Turns out the people were waiting to apply for farming jobs in Israel......paying just over 40,000 a month. Two year contract. Costs about 46000 baht to apply, physical, passport, and airfare.
Apparently, there's no shortage of locals willing to do that.

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.asp ... 0000083950

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Jobs in Israel

Post by stattointhailand » August 22, 2016, 8:01 pm

So what happened to the so called boom times coming to Udon a few years ago.
Half of Bangkok a huge chunk of China, a new HST system, thousands of mining jobs and tens of thousands of support jobs

Remember waiting for hours outside some office on Ringroad near Harry's Bar for family members to apply for jobs in Taiwan. That must have been 8 or 9 years ago, so nothing has changed exept the venue and destination.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 22, 2016, 8:15 pm

My GFs step father died over there many yrs ago.

Piss poor pay out. Certificate said heart attack. Workers said it was industrial incident.

Agency didnt want to help out back here and buried or cremated over there and no repatriation offered.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 22, 2016, 8:22 pm

Industrial accidents, rotten living conditions, hard work, broken contracts.........did someone say 40,000 Baht a month......in a town where 15,000 would be good money.

I've only known two people who went to Israel......one a professor at the agricultural college and another now my neighbor. Both worked there for many years.....saved loads of money......and speak excellent English as a result. But I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories as well.....and probably an equal number of horror stories of Thais who went to work for a local employer as well.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 22, 2016, 8:50 pm

having seen several family members both male & female work abroad on 2 or 3 year contracts (mostly Taiwan & Korea) the pressure put on the relationship is absolutely huge. The partner working abroad will still have the "urges" he or she would at home, and the bosses will make sure plenty of R & R is available at a cost (removed from wages before paid). The partner at home will have his/her urges and there will be plenty of suitors in the village only too pleased to entertain her/him and spend the extra money from abroad. It's no wonder so many Thais have many 1/2 brothers/sisters and step parents.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

On the television this morning, apparently. Whether my wife got it right or not, I'm unsure, but said it involved gold, mining of I guess. Knowing the infatuation with the element here, it might explain the long queues. :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 24, 2016, 2:30 pm

Yes. Lots of gold diggers here .lol

Return to “Udon Thani News”