Second Ring Road Plans

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by parrot » March 25, 2013, 4:33 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZpQ2ugYy4

City officials discussed plans for the second ring road in the video above. You can see the major points in the video and further explained in http://pr.prd.go.th/udonthani/ewt_news. ... name=index

Good news for me.......the southwest ring is planned for kilo 8 at Dao Eet......that leaves a comfortable gap between our home and the road by 10km.

I'll try to post the cross points in English in the next few days....but for those living near the affected areas, you can probably visualize the impact it might have on you.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by FrazeeDK » March 25, 2013, 8:49 am

John, I can't really see where the southern intersection of the 2nd ring road will be on Rte 2 or Rte 22 to the east.. That map isn't very clear.. Can you give some specifics.. ??
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by parrot » March 25, 2013, 10:23 am

Dave,
I believe the planned intersection is at the kilo 13 +700m mark on Hwy 22 (จุดตัดทางหลวงหมายเลข 22 กิโลเมตรที่ 13+700 อำเภอเมือง )
I haven't had time to try to understand the level of planning stage...it appears to be planned over a 4 year period 2557-2560 เพื่อพัฒนาเส้นทางและสร้างความพร้อมตามยุทธศาสตร์การพัฒนาจังหวัดอุดรธานี 4 ปี (2557-2560).......so from all I've read about city plans, plans for the outer ring road appear to be more established than plans for a high speed railroad.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by redwolf » March 25, 2013, 6:40 pm

Are these proposed plans or approved plans?
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

parrot
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by parrot » March 25, 2013, 7:47 pm

They're plans. That's about as good as my Thai goes right now.

If I see anything that gives an indication 'approved' or 'proposed' I'll post it here.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by redwolf » March 26, 2013, 9:24 pm

OK, I can read, write and speak Thai, here's what happened in the video:

The discussion indicated the secondary ring road is definitely moving forward.

The lower down guy was presenting his latest design, and asking the boss what he thought about it.

The boss pointed out a specific area concern and they were about to discuss it in detail when the video abruptly ended.

So it's going forward, but they are still working out a LOT of the details. Other research I found while cross-searching in Thai is the project is timed from 2014 and 2018.

Too bad the girl filming cut short, we could have gotten a lot of more info.

Her youtube page has a plethora of relevant news. Perhaps a worthy site will pick it up and a real Thai-Foreign News translation service will surface one day in Udon Thani. There are enough still shots to recreate another Google Map but it would be nice to find the one they made, but maybe they made it in Google Earth instead.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by KHONDAHM » March 27, 2013, 12:05 am

I had an over-the-fence convo with my Thai neighbor. He's well-informed about the goings on in government and stuff like this. It's definitely happening. I also got the sense that is one of the drivers to the much higher pricing. [Follow Thai thinking with me here] Much of what is now outside the city will be inside the city. So, land prices inside the city MUST be expensive. That's how it should be. [OK, stop following me].

So, my take-away from the conversation was this: If one is going to be around a bit, one might want to snatch up the cheap land outside (along the inner and outer perimeter) of the New Ring Road now as it may well have a much higher return in the future.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

parrot
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by parrot » April 27, 2013, 1:04 pm

I lifted the photo from Udon's facebook page. Another view of how the second ring road is projected to look like.
Attachments
375037_494775740576066_733929975_n.jpg

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by pienmash » April 27, 2013, 2:27 pm

Approx how many kms is it from the ring road now to the proposed 2nd ring d ?? ... from the SOUTH big pot intersection going towards Khon Kaen ?? any ideas ??

parrot
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by parrot » April 27, 2013, 3:13 pm

Looks to me to be a direct hit on NongTaGai (หนองตะไก้).....which is where the potash veins are. If so, that'd be about 19km south of city center.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by pienmash » April 27, 2013, 3:52 pm

Thanks Mr P .... the missus was left a lump of land when her mam passed away and was wondering if it was gonna be in a location on or near the proposed new RRd .

noosard
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by noosard » April 27, 2013, 6:49 pm

we will be outside the new proposed ring road by about 4ks

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by bigsnake » May 5, 2013, 11:53 pm

Great News with the amount of Traffic around Udon now a day.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by FrazeeDK » May 6, 2013, 4:09 am

Nongtakai route makes good sense as it is on higher ground and not heavily built up. I think the Rte2 toRte 22 segment could be built quite quickly.
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by bumper » May 6, 2013, 12:08 pm

Potash vein. I think you hit the real key.

I couldn't tell how far Phen will new ring road be?

fdimike
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by fdimike » May 6, 2013, 8:59 pm

This second ring road makes no more sense than many other hairbrained ideas coming out of the Thai government. Maybe someone should think about completing the first ring road first. I put this idea right up there with the overpass by Big C which took many years to complete and adds practically nothing to improving traffic flow. I would assume someone made a pocketfull of change over that fat project.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

bumper
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by bumper » May 7, 2013, 7:11 am

Maybe it's trickle down economics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Politics me friend that want to be reelected better spend some money in Issan

The mine of course China j has wanted that for years now. I haven't seen anything yet. But, maybe the enviornmental study is done

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by pienmash » May 7, 2013, 9:33 am

fdimike wrote:This second ring road makes no more sense than many other hairbrained ideas coming out of the Thai government. Maybe someone should think about completing the first ring road first. I put this idea right up there with the overpass by Big C which took many years to complete and adds practically nothing to improving traffic flow. I would assume someone made a pocketfull of change over that fat project.
Since arriving to live in Udon the Big C overpass has bemused me ,,, i stayed the first few weeks in a friends gaff in Suka Sem on the Sakorn Nakorn rd ,,, using this road daily ,,, i just coundnt see the point of wasting all the time effort and cash on the elevated over pass ,,, a total no brainer if it was down to safety issues then again it simply aint worked ...

i may be wrong.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by fdimike » May 7, 2013, 9:44 am

Bumper

The problem with trickle down economics here in LOS is that the trickle down is more like a waterfall into someone's pocket. Latest from the BP indicates corruption is now at 30-50% of the project cost. I suspect Thailand will move on down the ladder in the next corruption perception index. Right now LOS is sitting at 88 amid all world countries along with the likes of a number of other wonders such as China, India & Saudia Arabia. It's so nice to know that our hard earned tax dollars that the US military is spending in SA is going into some fat cat's pocket.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Svein66
udonmap.com

Second Ring Road Plans

Post by Svein66 » May 7, 2013, 9:58 am

pienmash wrote:Since arriving to live in Udon the Big C overpass has bemused me ,,, i stayed the first few weeks in a friends gaff in Suka Sem on the Sakorn Nakorn rd ,,, using this road daily ,,, i just coundnt see the point of wasting all the time effort and cash on the elevated over pass ,,, a total no brainer if it was down to safety issues then again it simply aint worked ...

i may be wrong.
It would work if people used the overpass instead of the road below. I see lots of cars just following the road without turning left before the overpass ends.

Return to “Udon Thani News”