Police: MP's death an accident

Udon Thani news, views and comments
admin
Admin

Post by admin » August 19, 2005, 3:07 pm

Police investigators have concluded that the death of Atthapol Sanitwongchai, the MP for Udon Thani who fell from a high-rise in June, was an accident.

Pol Col Warawut Thaweechaikarn, chief of Phahon Yothin police station, said the finding was based on circumstantial evidence and the autopsy report.

Atthapol, 38, fell from the 10th floor of La Maison condominium in soi Phahon Yothin 24 on the night of June 22.

He died from a fractured skull.

Atthapol, who suffered from coronary artery disease, appeared drunk when seen in footage from surveillance cameras.

His blood test showed an alcohol level exceeding 200 milligrammes. The drink-driving limit is 50mgm.

Pol Col Warawut said it was highly possible his disease symptoms recurred and Atthapol, who was intoxicated, collapsed and fell from the building balcony.

The late MP's father, Mr Chalermpol, did not question the findings of the investigation, he said.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » August 19, 2005, 8:12 pm

I still wonder about the TG! :cry:

Garnet
udonmap.com

Girlfriend

Post by Garnet » August 19, 2005, 8:28 pm

So do I, Dakoda! I'm sure that she was terrified. She was probably badgered intensely by the police after the event, and this most likely contributed to her choice in taking her own life.

Far sadder than the MP's death!
Garnet & Jack

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » August 19, 2005, 9:05 pm

Sorry Garnet, need to disagree!

It sounded like she was droped off at her and the MP place, and then had to deal with his relatives. Then the high ranking one left (x MP), and moments later with still four relatives (I think) still there, in a small condo, she jumped!

Garnet, have I told you about the bridge I have for sale :?:

Garnet
udonmap.com

Bridge

Post by Garnet » August 20, 2005, 8:43 am

Golly, where is it?! Does it straddle any marshland I could also get a deal on?
Garnet & Jack

Return to “Udon Thani News”