St Mary's school

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: St Mary's school

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 7:04 am

My Home Cable did a restart last night and I have about 10 new channels. Looked like this DLTV thing maybe? This was around 10 p.m. when my kids are bedded and the Wi-Fi disabled. Maybe it streams 24/7?

Perplexed in Epping.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 20, 2020, 7:14 am

tamada wrote:
May 19, 2020, 2:55 pm
The UCS online teaching thingmie is equally perplexing. Their instructions too are via FB (thus via Mrs tam) but be careful of indolent youth saying it's not working or it doesn't make sense. They've been sitting around Fortniting and YouTubing for the best part of two months already and may be reluctant to even try.

I think it's ALL a work in progress as I am pretty sure I read that the MOE said testing of the online teaching system would start 18th May so can't imagine it's all smooth and bug free just yet.
Yes Tam it’s amazing the ability to spend time on Fortnite ,Pubg and Roblox forever trying to attract my attention that he has now moved through a portal and is creating a new world of which I have no idea what he’s talking about.As soon as I ask him to read some 3 letter words I’m met with a blank expression with absolute zero interest.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 20, 2020, 7:39 am

Brian Davis wrote:
May 20, 2020, 5:20 am
Chuchi wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:19 pm
I hope the online teaching is a better standard than the bird in the video. It's like watching The Benny Hill show Mrs Chow Mein.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-c ... dy-or-not/
Spot on there Chuchi. :lol: Benny Hill's Chinese Immigration/Customs? Officer has me in fits too.

Latching on to Tamada's comments, UCS not actually St.Mary's, sorry, but not impressed so far. I thought there might be a full hour's instruction from the Prathom 3 schedule, but so far there's been a short video, a couple of questions to answer and it's done and dusted in about 10 minutes! It's hardly worth tuning in. Yes, I appreciate it's all new to the teachers too, but I have to be honest too. I did think the teacher would be on camera too, but no. I hope it may become more extensive and meaningful. Oh, lots of photos on the Facebook page of what the children or mums are doing. :roll: But think my son will learn more from inputting his own questions on Google, or even talking to dad!
I bang my head against the wall with what I've seen of the DLTV too. Painfully slow.
This is a great thread Brian for concerned parents, my boy has just turned 6 and I have to admit he’s not registered at any school yet I’m still looking at different options.On the learning side if the dad has got time on his hands it’s well worth the effort, nobody knows the likes and dislikes of a child better than his dad.From what I understand my boy will start Prathom 1 this year so a couple of months ago I bought a Maths book from one of the shops in central.It covers the P1 year and is about 200 pages,it sounds a lot but he’s already halfway through and that’s just grabbing his attention for no more than 15 minutes at a time and sometimes with 3-4 day intervals.At the end of the day If he’s able to read and write Thai and English and he can do mental arithmetic I’d be more than happy,what he wishes to do with his life will be his decision I just wish him health and happiness.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 7:54 am

Chuchi wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:14 am
tamada wrote:
The UCS online teaching thingmie is equally perplexing. Their instructions too are via FB (thus via Mrs tam) but be careful of indolent youth saying it's not working or it doesn't make sense. They've been sitting around Fortniting and YouTubing for the best part of two months already and may be reluctant to even try.

I think it's ALL a work in progress as I am pretty sure I read that the MOE said testing of the online teaching system would start 18th May so can't imagine it's all smooth and bug free just yet.
Yes Tam it’s amazing the ability to spend time on Fortnite ,Pubg and Roblox forever trying to attract my attention that he has now moved through a portal and is creating a new world of which I have no idea what he’s talking about.As soon as I ask him to read some 3 letter words I’m met with a blank expression with absolute zero interest.
Those striking parallels are beyond weird. It's plain discomforting. I see I'm going to have to block the webcam ports!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 7:56 am

Chuchi wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:39 am
Brian Davis wrote:
May 20, 2020, 5:20 am
Chuchi wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:19 pm
I hope the online teaching is a better standard than the bird in the video. It's like watching The Benny Hill show Mrs Chow Mein.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-c ... dy-or-not/
Spot on there Chuchi. :lol: Benny Hill's Chinese Immigration/Customs? Officer has me in fits too.

Latching on to Tamada's comments, UCS not actually St.Mary's, sorry, but not impressed so far. I thought there might be a full hour's instruction from the Prathom 3 schedule, but so far there's been a short video, a couple of questions to answer and it's done and dusted in about 10 minutes! It's hardly worth tuning in. Yes, I appreciate it's all new to the teachers too, but I have to be honest too. I did think the teacher would be on camera too, but no. I hope it may become more extensive and meaningful. Oh, lots of photos on the Facebook page of what the children or mums are doing. :roll: But think my son will learn more from inputting his own questions on Google, or even talking to dad!
I bang my head against the wall with what I've seen of the DLTV too. Painfully slow.
This is a great thread Brian for concerned parents, my boy has just turned 6 and I have to admit he’s not registered at any school yet I’m still looking at different options.On the learning side if the dad has got time on his hands it’s well worth the effort, nobody knows the likes and dislikes of a child better than his dad.From what I understand my boy will start Prathom 1 this year so a couple of months ago I bought a Maths book from one of the shops in central.It covers the P1 year and is about 200 pages,it sounds a lot but he’s already halfway through and that’s just grabbing his attention for no more than 15 minutes at a time and sometimes with 3-4 day intervals.At the end of the day If he’s able to read and write Thai and English and he can do mental arithmetic I’d be more than happy,what he wishes to do with his life will be his decision I just wish him health and happiness.
Good work! Let me know a good time to bring my pair over. I have some cold beers to enjoy.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 20, 2020, 8:45 am

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:54 am
Chuchi wrote:
tamada wrote:

Those striking parallels are beyond weird. It's plain discomforting. I see I'm going to have to block the webcam ports!
Haha when you gonna change them Tartan underpants you’ve had them on all week,and may I say what a fine pair of knockers Granny has.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 8:49 am

Chuchi wrote:
May 20, 2020, 8:45 am
tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:54 am
Chuchi wrote:
tamada wrote:

Haha when you gonna change them Tartan underpants you’ve had them on all week,and may I say what a fine pair of knockers Granny has.
Now this is getting all just too scary.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 17, 2020, 4:47 pm

Real school starts 0800 July 1. The holiday is over, back to the commute.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 23, 2020, 5:27 pm

Holiday Monday and Tuesday, except for M5 and 6.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 10, 2020, 2:36 pm

Holiday Wednesday.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2020, 11:36 am

All schools. HM Queen's birthday.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 3, 2020, 10:38 am

TGIT.
Holiday tomorrow.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 11, 2020, 10:22 am

Holiday Tuesday.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 23, 2020, 6:10 am

Great, no school today, another holiday.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 23, 2020, 6:56 am

The Girls kindergarten is closed today as well, no idea why. I asked if it was one of the government long weekends & was told it wasn’t but they couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me what it was for.
In fairness they did tell me last Friday so it wasn’t a total surprise
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 23, 2020, 7:06 am

23rd October Chulalongkorn Memorial Day

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 23, 2020, 7:10 am

Aah, cheers, missed that
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 25, 2020, 4:29 pm

St Mary's mid year break.
Last day semester 1, 13th November
First day semester 2, 1st December.

Not sure which but upper school years do not have a break.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 21, 2020, 7:05 am

No school for my youngest today. She has to quarantine after spending the weekend in Bangkok.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 21, 2020, 8:28 am

mak wrote:No school for my youngest today. She has to quarantine after spending the weekend in Bangkok.
Where or who did this order come from about Bangkok quarantine mak?
Is it just that school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Education/Schools”