Udon Pittayanukoon School International Program

mak
udonmap.com

Udon Pittayanukoon School International Program

Post by mak » March 20, 2018, 1:23 pm

Udon Pit School has started, for this coming year, an International Program. It will be offered in Matthayom 1 and Matthayom 4. It is similar to the English Program but with more classes in English. The school is presently hiring teachers for this new program. Matthayom 4 will have 2 classes of 25 students in each. The first class will be Science oriented, Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The second class will be language oriented, English, Math and a second language, Chinese or Japanese. All classes will be taught in English except for Thai language and Social Studies. Cost is approximately 120,000 baht per year.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Pittayanukoon School International Program

Post by parrot » March 20, 2018, 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 21, 2018, 5:01 am

"Cost is approximately 120,000 baht per year."

I had an eye on changing my car every few years. My wife says keep money for son's future education + needs. Perhaps she's right. :-k

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 21, 2018, 8:20 am

The cost is OK & cheap if the student gets International recognized qualifications at the end of the courses.

Such as GCSE for UK standards.
Not sure of the American standard.

All International Schools in Thailand follow an American Standard or UK Standard.
The teachers are qualified to teach to those Standards which is why the price is higher.

Before enrolling I would make sure of what qualifications the student ends up with.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 21, 2018, 9:11 am

Good points, pal52.
My son's only 6 years now, so something I've not really looked into yet. I'm advised that this school is one of the quality Udon schools. So, if this is a new international course, I'm wondering what the existing,normal course qualifications count for. Only recognised in Thailand?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 21, 2018, 9:52 am

Brian Davis wrote:
March 21, 2018, 9:11 am
by Brian Davis » March 21, 2018, 9:11 am

Good points, pal52.
My son's only 6 years now, so something I've not really looked into yet. I'm advised that this school is one of the quality Udon schools. So, if this is a new international course, I'm wondering what the existing,normal course qualifications count for. Only recognised in Thailand?
If you have a 6 year old and live at Phen you should consider Holy Mary, the best by a country mile and 70k a year.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 21, 2018, 10:22 am

Thanks fatbob, but previous topics/posts somewhere show I already looked at Holy Mary.
I liked the school over things like sparkling new, smart, aircon classrooms, children well-behaved and polite, teachers in control etc. Perhaps I wasn't quite sure about the Montessori method of teaching, the lack of green space for physical exercise, even my son NOT getting a few hard knocks in preparation for later life! :lol: It would be a shorter drive for me too. Anyway, my son's at Udon Christian, very happy, doing very well (no 1/2 in class), likes his teachers. Still no green space! Will be in Prathom 1, Intensive English class in new year, looks like c. 25,000 baht per year basic fees. One way or another, no offence intended, but a hell of an improvement over his previous Phen school, where he wasn't getting stimulated, extended or controlled. Credit to the teachers there, who were honest to advise he was capable of more than their school could offer.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 21, 2018, 11:26 am

I would ask the school if they intend to be affiliated with an Approved International school.
Or if they intend to eventually become approved to International Standards in the future.

My son went to the Christian school until he was 10 years old.
I then sent him to St Stephens International school Khao Yai.
He then went to Regents International in Pattaya & Bangkok.
These schools are officially approved in the UK.

All his exams were sent to the UK to be marked & assessed.
So his qualifications are accepted worldwide.

The same for a school approved to American Standards which I believe most are associated with Stanford University.

Hopefully the Pittaya intend to eventually become Approved to one these Standards which would be a great thing for Udon.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 21, 2018, 12:14 pm

Udon Pit is a Thai government public school. No Thai government school offers GCSE or SAT exams. If you are looking for schools in Thailand which are accredited with US or UK standards you have to look at the private international schools, such as: ISB, NIST, St. Andrews, Patana School, etc.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 21, 2018, 1:58 pm

mak wrote:
March 21, 2018, 12:14 pm
Udon Pit is a Thai government public school. No Thai government school offers GCSE or SAT exams. If you are looking for schools in Thailand which are accredited with US or UK standards you have to look at the private international schools, such as: ISB, NIST, St. Andrews, Patana School, etc.
I was not talking about the school being accredited with International Standards.
I meant the 2 special classes which you will pay 120K a year for.

If you are going to employ teachers to teach students to International Standards you would expect to end up with some formal qualifications at the end.

This has to be done by passing exams or achieving a certain grade so they must have some plans for the future.

Hence in my last post I stated I would ask if they had plans in the future for accreditation of these classes.

But there again TIT.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 21, 2018, 7:47 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 21, 2018, 8:20 am
The cost is OK & cheap if the student gets International recognized qualifications at the end of the courses.

Such as GCSE for UK standards.
Not sure of the American standard.

All International Schools in Thailand follow an American Standard or UK Standard.
The teachers are qualified to teach to those Standards which is why the price is higher.

Before enrolling I would make sure of what qualifications the student ends up with.
To compare cost. Learning English based program in i.e. Khon Kaen University will cost 100 000 thb per year. In Udon cost should be similar. tehre are more expensive universities and cost can be between 100 000 thb and 200 000 thb.

My daughter is now changing school. I just wonder, if I should pay 120 000 thb 6 years just to get her to university, where she pays 100 000 thb per year... Knowing that some close relatives had been doing that much more cheaper.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » March 24, 2018, 10:30 pm

Be warned! This is an International Program in name only. They will be sitting the normal Thai state exams, same as everyone else. Universities abroad will laugh at the pretence of trying to pass this off as some International qualification.

Hopefully the parents, both Thai and farang, will see through this nonsense. They don't even have all the teachers to teach this program. Nor will they get them at 35K per month. Perhaps they will get Filipinos or non-native speakers. Any native English-speaking fully qualified teacher of their proposed subjects would run a mile from this program and go work for a REAL International school where the salary is commensurate with their qualifications, the school is run properly by people who know what they are doing and the students graduate with an internationally recognised qualification.

Udon Pitt is so popular because it used to be in the top ten schools in Thailand, allegedly. It is not anywhere near that position now. As with all things Thai, if it looks good, then it is good. Don't ask any questions and never complain when things go arseways.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 4, 2018, 9:23 pm

Not commenting about the mentioned schools, but once you start uni; where you went to high school doesn't mean squat. So just make sure the student is at a school that will get them into the uni of their choice. Many of the international schools and other private schools are typical all style; little substance. Simply look at where their graduates go after graduation. Unless you hang out in prison circles, "where did you go to school?" is not answered with " St. Bernard School for the Pretentious. ". It means where you went to university. Some of the Satits of the universities are pretty impressive, and reasonably priced. Brown envelope required.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 5, 2018, 4:41 am

thighlander wrote:
April 4, 2018, 9:23 pm
.... Brown envelope required.....
I'll probably being naive, unrealistic that things might change, but I hope my son will be able to tell anyone wanting a brown envelope, just where they can shove it!

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 5, 2018, 5:15 pm

A recent survey showed that in LOS, more people had dealt with corruption at the land office and schools than dealing with the traffic police...quite an accomplishment.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 11, 2018, 5:24 am

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 11, 2018, 5:36 am

Might be a drop in the Ocean BUT it sends a message to other civil servants that bribery will not be tolerated

Bravo to the people who followed through

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 11, 2018, 10:50 am

mak wrote:
March 20, 2018, 1:23 pm
Udon Pit School has started, for this coming year, an International Program. It will be offered in Matthayom 1 and Matthayom 4. It is similar to the English Program but with more classes in English. The school is presently hiring teachers for this new program. Matthayom 4 will have 2 classes of 25 students in each. The first class will be Science oriented, Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The second class will be language oriented, English, Math and a second language, Chinese or Japanese. All classes will be taught in English except for Thai language and Social Studies. Cost is approximately 120,000 baht per year.
I'm not up on the school years. What ages are Matthayom 1 and 4?

My daughter has just done a term in Apparatkya (wrong spelling) English programme (she is 8 yo) and there is far less English and far more Thai taught than we were led to believe. Not all bad though as she is fluent in English and about 5% in Thai so good opportunity to learn Thai...however dont see it as a long term solution.

Thanks

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 11, 2018, 12:03 pm

Don't know how your post got to this original post But the original is about corruption with in the educational system????
This had nothing to do with International Languages but bribery

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 11, 2018, 5:14 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 11, 2018, 12:03 pm
Don't know how your post got to this original post But the original is about corruption with in the educational system????
This had nothing to do with International Languages but bribery
Why dont you read the original post .
It has nothing to do with corruption but purely informing the forum about an International Course being started by the above school.
It has been turned into a post about corruption by the usual idiots.

Return to “Education/Schools”