Not everyone wants to go to Mars, do they?

tamada
udonmap.com

Not everyone wants to go to Mars, do they?

Post by tamada » October 29, 2021, 4:36 am

From ABC News:

'Stupid' and 'insane': Some billionaires vent over tax plan

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireSto ... n-80839248

“My plan,” the SpaceX founder tweeted Thursday about his fortune, "is to use the money to get humanity to Mars and preserve the light of consciousness."

...ProPublica reported in June that some of the richest Americans have paid no income tax, or nearly none, in some years — including Musk, who, the report said, paid zero income taxes in 2018. Critics argue that Musk's criticism of the billionaire tax proposal overlooks the fact that Tesla's rise has been aided by government incentives and loans.

... the run-up in Tesla stock Monday, after a major order of Teslas from Hertz, increased Musk’s wealth by roughly $37 billion — more than what the IRS collects in estate and gift tax revenue from the entire country in one year.

Haven't heard from Bezos or Gates or Zuckerberg yet.

Meanwhile, back on earth, my last client is trying to chisel me out of two thousand bucks.

As the World Turns.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Not everyone wants to go to Mars, do they?

Post by Kenr6583 » October 29, 2021, 4:55 am

That's just how sick and mentally ill some people with money are. We have individuals here who complain about having to pay taxes but donate hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars to political campaigns, just so they can have loopholes in order of not having to pay their fair share in taxes. And Bezos and Musk are spending all that money to go into space just to see who has the biggest d***, and it's for nothing, but they find every way possible to pay $0 in taxes every year. The US tax code is all jacked up.

Return to “Money, Banking & Investments”