UFUN

trubrit
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by trubrit » April 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

So they are a sponsor? That"s very deceptive because it appears to be an advisory posting from UM himself not an ad.
In my book that amounts to a deliberate attempt to deceive. Why wasn't that made clear so we could at least make an unbiased opinion, after all some may have been stupid enough to have invested money in the scheme. Oh yes , I forgot., that"s how Ponzi schemes operate, the old pal , friends of a friend recommendations , isn't it .This single act may have compromised the integrity of all sponsors on here . [-X

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

old timer
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by old timer » April 11, 2015, 1:26 pm

Summary:

Dirty, scamming, thieving, greedy, barstard tricksters, robbing the poor and promoted here on Udon Map. :shock:

OT.............. \:D/

stereolab
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by stereolab » April 11, 2015, 1:34 pm

Quite agree with the above comments, there are enough ways of losing all your money without adding UTOKENS to the mix.

pal52
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by pal52 » April 11, 2015, 1:42 pm

What I can not understand is that when UM advertise a service it always states on the Post (New Sponsor).
The original post by UM does not say new sponsor yet they have an advertisement as DM pointed out.
Are they an official sponsor or not??.
Whoever put the original post on UM should explain.

Macca
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by Macca » April 11, 2015, 1:51 pm

Is it possible UM was encouraged to post the thread and the sponsors link against his better judgement.
Some business deals in Thailand can be very persuasive
:-k :-k :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by Zidane » April 11, 2015, 1:57 pm

Its very strange that Paul (Udon Map) has not responded at all to this furore !
Is it possible he has gone away for Songkran and is completely unaware of whats going on here ? :-k
Looking at the original post,I dont think that it is Paul who made it but someone useing his account on Udon Map.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

trubrit
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by trubrit » April 11, 2015, 2:05 pm

Zidane wrote:Its very strange that Paul (Udon Map) has not responded at all to this furore !
Is it possible he has gone away for Songkran and is completely unaware of whats going on here ? :-k
Looking at the original post,I dont think that it is Paul who made it but someone useing his account on Udon Map.
No one could be using his account unless it was with his permission and knowledge, that makes him totally responsible for the deception we have all been subjected to .The ball is firmly in his court to answer.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by mathusalah80 » April 11, 2015, 2:11 pm

timmy wrote:still no comment from udon map ???
....AND, VERY WORRYING AND DISAPPOINTING, STILL NO COMMENT, APOLOGY OR EXPLANATION FROM OWNER(S) OF UDONMAP who, as original poster(s) of a thread, NOT indicated as a Sponsors thread, and in the absence of any disclaimer, could only be interpreted as PERSONALLY RECOMMENDING this investment [-X [-X [-X

.... and why the sudden deafening silence, on the part of those supposed guardians/regulators of the interests of members, and of the observance of the rules & regulations, namely the Moderators, usually so quick to act. [-X [-X

....would be most disappointing, (an understatement), were this thread, (or my post for that matter :-s :-$ ), to be deleted or closed, without any comment/explanation, from the OP. :( [-X

old timer
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by old timer » April 11, 2015, 2:20 pm

Maybe OT should post something "against the rules". That normally gets UM into gear PDQ. Could get banned though :-k Already been warned about that.

OT............... \:D/

BobHelm
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2015, 2:36 pm

I have no idea where Paul is, but he is plainly not on line at the moment.
I would think that he would reply to the question posed once he returns online.
Repeatedly asking the same question, or making the same comment will not, in my experience, ensure that someone who is not connected to the internet suddenly becomes so.. :(

Banning people for not obeying the Forum rules is in the remit of the Moderation Team OT.
I am more than happy to institute a ban if you feel in need a rest... :D

GT93
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by GT93 » April 11, 2015, 2:51 pm

old timer wrote:Maybe OT should post something "against the rules". That normally gets UM into gear PDQ. Could get banned though :-k Already been warned about that.

OT............... \:D/
Don't do that OT. 747man and your friends would miss your lively posts if you were compelled to take a rest.

Interesting thread. Personally I like the map being a bit crazy ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

trubrit
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by trubrit » April 11, 2015, 4:07 pm

BobHelm wrote:

Banning people for not obeying the Forum rules is in the remit of the Moderation Team OT.
I am more than happy to institute a ban if you feel in need a rest... :D
As this wasn't listed as a sponsors topic I presume robust debate and expression is not outside any rules so all this talk about banning anyone is total nonsense. It's obvious to me that UM has cocked up, possibly lost some of his own money if he followed his own advise, so as he doesn't seem to be available ,it makes sense to me to lock it until he has a chance to explain and apologise to members, then it can be deleted permanently. I am sure the actual sponsor wouldn't mind getting his money back, he might need it . :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2015, 4:13 pm

The remark about banning was quite clearly directed at old timer, who indicated that he would be happy to break Forum rules in order to get a response.

I have no idea concerning the origination of this thread. As far as I am aware the only person who does know is Paul, or an appointed agent of him.
Hence it would seem ridiculous to continue to ask questions until the person who can answer them is here to do so.

That being the case I will take your advice & lock the thread..

UM-Tech
udonmap.com

UFUN [Update]

Post by UM-Tech » April 12, 2015, 12:56 am

With the owner out of country at the moment, and having read all of the links posted by members, I have taken the UFUN banner DOWN until further notice.

UM-TECH

Udon Map
Admin

UFUN

Post by Udon Map » April 12, 2015, 1:27 am

I am, indeed, out of the country at the moment. Just got on and saw what's been going on, both in the thread and in the news.

First, let me respond to the comments about my having posted the initial post in this thread. That does not mean that I endorse this sponsor, or any other sponsor for which we do this. Making posts, particularly first posts, is something which we have always done when sponsors request it. You'll find that this is far from the only thread where we've done that. So, once this sponsor signed up and asked me to put the first post up for him, I was happy to do it. We will continue that practice for any sponsor.

We do not evaluate the truth of the ads we host; nor do we evaluate the business practices of the sponsors. To do so would be an impossible task. Imagine trying to verify whether a particular restaurant really had the best burgers in Udon, if it so claimed. When we find out that there is a fraudulent sponsor, we remove his advertising. We have removed UFUN's advertising because of the substantial doubt at this time, even though the investigation is apparently ongoing. The local person who sponsored the ads for UFUN is a reputable person in Udon who operates another business, also a sponsor, which has been patronized by a number of falangs in Udon who love the service he provides and feel that he provides a high quality service at a reasonable price. For obvious reasons, I won't identify him here.

Until this situation sorts itself out, the UFUN advertising will remain suspended. I will leave this thread open for the sharing of additional information as it becomes available, and for reasonable and civil discussion of UFUN. Obviously, if the conversation starts veering off into the uncivil or unreasonable, I will reconsider the wisdom of leaving the thread open.

If anyone here has any questions, please feel free to send them to Udon Map by PM, or by email to [email protected].

As more information comes out, we will continue to evaluate UM's policy regarding UFUN and make adjustments as we deem necessary.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 12, 2015, 1:40 am

Udon Map wrote:The local person who sponsored the ads for UFUN is a reputable person in Udon who operates another business, also a sponsor, which has been patronized by a number of falangs in Udon who love the service he provides and feel that he provides a high quality service at a reasonable price. For obvious reasons, I won't identify him here.
Personally i dont give a monkeys bottom who sponsored the ad for UFUN however it appears now all sponsors of UM are under the microscope as to wether they are involved ,,,,,who decided if this person / business is/was reputable ? .. or just another bullshitter .. come on this is IMO a serious issue for all involved the UM forum itself , Sponsors and members and cant be fobbed off with such bla bla bla ......

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

UFUN

Post by Udon Map » April 12, 2015, 2:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:... who decided if this person / business is/was reputable ?
No one. That's the point. Based on reports of numerous other people over the past couple of years, his other business is both honest and reputable. We don't evaluate potential sponsors to see if they are reputable. Way too difficult. We've also had reports/complaints of businesses being fraudulent or otherwise dishonest; but when we look into it, we find that the complaint is a one-off from a disgruntled customer. We try to walk a line on this.

Anyone who wants to be a sponsor can. If information subsequently becomes available to us suggesting that the sponsor is questionable, or is not what it appears to be, or is dishonest in dealing with people, or is a scam, or ..., we remove the advertising, as we have done here. This is not the first time we have done this; and I expect that it will not be the last.

Drunk Monkey wrote:... come on this is IMO a serious issue for all involved the UM forum itself, ...
I quite agree with you. That's why the advertising has been removed; and that's why we remove the advertising of any sponsor in a similar position. The same applies to Classified listings, too, where we have removed ads which are fraudulent or otherwise dishonest and will continue to do so.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 12, 2015, 2:23 am

Paul can you confirm who sucked UM into this deal ... ie UM sponsorship ...could help others in the future tho it seems the BIB are rounding up the perps and bullshitters as we type .....

I would suggest Umap does not open the first post of any new sponsor after this debacle .. surely if a sponsor is willing to pay then they should be prepared to post and promote their bizz isnt that the whole point .. and where would UM be with out sponsors love em or hate em THEY DO MAKE THIS FORUM VIABLE .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

waanjai
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by waanjai » April 12, 2015, 2:48 am

In the link that was posted on the main page of UM yesterday there was a reference to: UdonUfun.
Obviously:
http://www.udonufun.com
There was a companion Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/udonufun/.
That wa still active yesterday according to Google:
UdonUfun - UdonUfun added 5 new photos. - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/udonufun/.../330963103...
UdonUfun added 5 new photos. ... UdonUfun added 5 new photos. Yesterday at 2:12am ·. UdonUfun's photo. Like · Comment ...

Both disappeared in the last hours. Somone on the run. :razz:
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

old timer
udonmap.com

UFUN

Post by old timer » April 12, 2015, 2:59 am

OT says put the advertising subscriptions UNFUN have paid UM behind any one of the advertisers bars here on UM (could draw straws) so members can be compensated with free drinks for UNFUN trying to rip them off. :guiness: Burp!

OT............ \:D/

Return to “Money, Banking & Investments”