Where to watch premier League football

gprit
udonmap.com

Where to watch premier League football

Post by gprit » August 13, 2018, 11:25 am

ok.....I guess I could go to a Sports Bar but anyone know which tv channels show Premier League?
We only have SUNBOX tv, and last season I could watch Championship games on MCOT Family (channel 14). Any channels show games that are on Sky?

OR - what is best stream (using VPN) to watch (without using NOWTV etc). Particulalrly want to watch Cardiff v Newcastle next Saturday (yes I know.....). All streams I have tried go round the mulberry bush and don't deliver!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Where to watch premier League football

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 11:37 am

PPTV usually show one or two prem games a week but hit and miss if they have dual language (some do some dont).
MCOT have NO agreement this year so will not have any games (confirmed last week).
Try Ronaldo7 for stream selection (usually have most the "off time" games plus one or two of the 3 pm's) Choosing a Be In 11 stream for 3pm sat games will show all the goals (as they happen) from the other 3pm games.

Link to Sunderland v Sheff Wed (Lge cup) but just click on LIVE GAMES to find out what is planned for the next couple of days

https://www.ronaldo7.net/video/sports-l ... tream.html

As the Cardiff game is the early game on Sat I would expect most bars that show prem matches will be showing it but get in a bit before KO in case you have to ask them to put it on

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » August 13, 2018, 12:55 pm

as

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » August 13, 2018, 12:57 pm

as its early game as stats says should be easy to catch in any bar showing 9pm and 10 pm kick offs you are best in the brick house as he stays open till game ends

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

MusicalBars wrote:
August 13, 2018, 12:57 pm
as its early game as stats says should be easy to catch in any bar showing 9pm and 10 pm kick offs you are best in the brick house as he stays open till game ends

Are there bars that will close before 10 45 pm in town? .......... I know some out of town may shut at 10 or 10:30 but surely not in the bar complex areas :-k

Lucky Bar & Zan zee bar in Day & Night usually have football on as do Red Bar and Fun Bar in Sampan along with many others I presume

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » August 13, 2018, 3:28 pm

I know of one sports bar that certainly shuts before 1045 pm and yes you can catch one game in the others you mentioned however the brick house has multiple tv screens for more choice i patron all the bars you mention but wouldnt say sport was a big focus point for them

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 4:00 pm

Not yet been to Brickhouse in its present ownership, as I thought it was now a restaurant :-k

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 13, 2018, 4:25 pm

Get True and save yourself a load of hassle. Dirt cheap now. Watch the games you want to watch in the comfort of your own home. All games shown with English commentary and obviously no buffering, unlike a lot of bars that provide the football on the internet.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 4:41 pm

Galee wrote:
August 13, 2018, 4:25 pm
Get True and save yourself a load of hassle. Dirt cheap now. Watch the games you want to watch in the comfort of your own home. All games shown with English commentary and obviously no buffering, unlike a lot of bars that provide the football on the internet.
Cant believe the sheisters at True would do ANYTHING Dirt cheap Galee [-X

They were charging almost B2000 nearly 15 years ago :evil:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 13, 2018, 4:53 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 13, 2018, 4:41 pm
Galee wrote:
Cant believe the sheisters at True would do ANYTHING Dirty cheap Galee [-X

The were charging almost B2000 nearly 15 years ago :evil:
Funny you should mention that Stats. I've been paying 2000 baht up until this month as a Platinum member. This month the Mrs went to pay the bill at a different office and they said to her "why are you paying so much?". Apparently if we changed to an account in her name, as a new customer, the price would come down to 650 a month. Would have been less if we were inside the ring road.
You would think the easiest thing to do would be to just cancel one account and open another for the same address. Nothing that simple here. The next day a crew turned up to fit a duplicate service, new dish and box, meaning we now have two of everything. :lol: :lol:

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » August 13, 2018, 5:00 pm

Do to invest in any TV package as we go back to France mid September.........re Ronaldo steam....have to sign up to Bet365......don't want to sign up to anything like that and be subject to constant emails urging me to place a bet.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 5:05 pm

Standard practice Galee ....... in three months time (ish) Thai time, the same engineer will make another trip to your house to remove the first dish (better make sure of that as well :lol: )

Sounds like the customer service staff at the different store is new then .......... not been told to keep stum and let the customer pay the inflated price for ever (Company Practice?)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 13, 2018, 7:10 pm

gprit, I forgot to mention you could always take out a one day/one week/one month/one year (B49/B99/B199/B1599) subscription to BeIn Connect

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » August 14, 2018, 11:15 am

I watch everything for free using the website vipbox.tv. I watch the Aussie rules as well as all the premier league games games and all for free. Just have superspeed internet.

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » August 14, 2018, 1:08 pm

Thanks all.
Vipbox looks interesting......Beln Connect also looks good if they show all SKy Premier league games. DOn't mind paying modest subscription....can also watch when I get back to France.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 14, 2018, 2:25 pm

BeIn subs include all 380 prem plus virtually all the other leagues (live or on demand/playback) inc French league gprit

https://connect-th.beinsports.com/en/competitions

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 15, 2018, 8:25 am

G/f has True package at her home and, part of their package appears to be an app called TrueID tv. For those familiar, it's akin to the SkyGo app and allows you to watch True tv (including BEIN Sport) on your tablet etc.

Bonus for me as she let me download it on my device.....problem is I will have to stay with her until the footie season ends :D

Might be worth asking around with Thai friends and family or other expats who have the True package

Rockfossil
udonmap.com

Post by Rockfossil » August 15, 2018, 9:42 am

Hi mackat, could you please tell me how to use that vipbox website. All I seem to get is an add for Bodog soccer and other links telling me to place a bet.

Do you have to join ? Little bit confusing ?

Cheers

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 15, 2018, 12:38 pm

Galee wrote:
If you have Truvisions,the EPL footie package is only 199 baht a month extra.......cheap as chips ! ;)
And you can enjoy a few beers at home without the problem of driving back....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 15, 2018, 1:03 pm

If you have Truvisions,the EPL footie package is only 199 baht a month extra.

Unfortunately you have to sign up for all the rest of the truevisions crap before you can "ADD" the EPL package zid :evil:

Return to “Sports Bars”