Android TV Box

Includes computers, computer equipment and accessories, photography equipment and telephones.
Stevo
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by Stevo » October 5, 2015, 4:41 pm

Why people still pay thousands of Baht for these boxes befuddles me, when you can have Kodi installed on your PC or laptop (most people have one or the other, or both), then simple connect or send wirelessly to your TV screen.
I've been running Kodi (used to be called XBMC) on my computers for some time now... can even get CTH through this system now =D>
Just my 2 Bahts worth.

Lanzalad
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by Lanzalad » October 6, 2015, 6:34 am

Stevo wrote:Why people still pay thousands of Baht for these boxes befuddles me, when you can have Kodi installed on your PC or laptop (most people have one or the other, or both), then simple connect or send wirelessly to your TV screen.
I've been running Kodi (used to be called XBMC) on my computers for some time now... can even get CTH through this system now =D>
Just my 2 Bahts worth.
My guess is kodi and xbmc don't offer everything you need and is high maintenance to keep it going.

Kodi / XBMC is a very small part of the box and if Kodi or XBMC stopped tomorrow would not effect the content of the box.

Also many people like to use there pc while having the tv on and watching tv and using there laptop as a laptop...

The box allows you to do this and works great as a media box, i would say that's why people buy them.

as you can see from the screen shots i just don't sell a box and walk away, i offer full support by updating my server where every box i sell connects to it and gets full access to all the updates.

I also offer telephone support and remote access support after selling the box so some of the cost is worked into the price as i pay for this my self and 1000's of premium UK and USA tv channels to re stream them. NOT 3RD Party Streams..

Here's a few shots of the server you get access to:-

When you look at the whole package its good value for someone how needs a good system and don't want to be plugged into there pc learning about kodi and xbmc...

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Android TV Box

Post by Gar » October 11, 2015, 12:07 pm

Stevo wrote:Why people still pay thousands of Baht for these boxes befuddles me, when you can have Kodi installed on your PC or laptop (most people have one or the other, or both), then simple connect or send wirelessly to your TV screen.
Just my 2 Bahts worth.
For me, I don't want to tie up a large expensive PC doing something a relatively inexpensive tiny fanless box can do quite well.

Just my two baht worth. :-)

Stevo
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by Stevo » October 11, 2015, 5:03 pm

@Gar
Who said anything about "Large, expensive" PC's?
I can build a quad core mini tower for less than the price of one of these boxes.

Gar
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by Gar » October 12, 2015, 2:54 pm

Stevo wrote:@Gar
Who said anything about "Large, expensive" PC's?
I can build a quad core mini tower for less than the price of one of these boxes.
Fair enough. You wanted a reason, I gave you one. I don't particularly like building PCs anymore, even though I just built myself a desktop. I used a Silverstone RVZ-01 case, so while a SFF case is not huge, it is huge compared to one of the small android boxes. The desktop I chose to build is significantly more expensive than an android tv box too (the CPU alone was significantly more expensive than the android box). And while I specifically chose to pay more for a high efficiency power supply, and PCM low power fans, my quiet desktop make more noise than the dead silent android box, and uses more power than the little android box. (and my desktop does not run the android applications I want to run on my tv box.)

For me, the price of the android box is reasonable, (I bought two), I don't have to dick with it, it works great, takes up no room, and it's absolutely quiet. It makes perfect sense for my application. If building quad-core mini towers is fun for you, by all means, have fun. But, that idea of fun is not universally true. :-) Some of us are willing to pay a bit more not to be subjected to that sort of "fun". 555

430xc
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by 430xc » October 14, 2015, 12:42 pm

I had Phil come to my house 2 days ago and try an android box. I have True ISP and it seemed to work well.
We have had a little loss of streaming and are considering changing to 3BB ISP.

As far as the box, it is wonderful.. Hundreds of channels and programs are available. It takes some learning to use it but I am definitely not very computer literate. The level of service that Phil has provided so far has been the best for sure.

I highly recommend calling Phil while he is in Udon and having him demonstrate his box to see if it fulfills your needs.

430xc

jordan
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by jordan » March 2, 2016, 10:32 am

Does anyone have a contact number for Phil, the guy who sells and services Andoid TV boxes.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Android TV Box

Post by papaguido » March 2, 2016, 1:12 pm

jordan wrote:Does anyone have a contact number for Phil, the guy who sells and services Andoid TV boxes.
Lanzalad wrote:This coming week maybe Thursday we will be heading up to Udon Thani and i'll be taking limited boxes with me of the Minix X8-H Plus fully loaded with everything you will need for UK & USA TV and Thai TV. plus movies and Tv shows on demand.

I also have a friend here that i will be leaving boxes with him with everything pre installed.

So if anyone is interested in having one installed then please let me know.

I can also drop or meet you on route to udon Thani.

Here's my number 0800 460 782

regards

Phil

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 7, 2020, 4:18 pm

Old old thread i know,BUT does Philstill sell/service tv boxes for us here in Udon?

Thanks for any update on the subject...:-)

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 14, 2021, 9:34 am

In the market for a new Android box. Any recommendations?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 14, 2021, 10:03 am

mak wrote:
May 14, 2021, 9:34 am
I believe that papafarang and Chris and a few of their customers are using an android box that's "checking all their boxes" so far. Depending on the hardware, I understand that it can also be set up on an existing box?

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 14, 2021, 1:07 pm

mak wrote:
May 14, 2021, 9:34 am
A year or so ago I bought an inexpensive device from Lazada named TX6, 2.4 & 5G compatible, ethernet plus wifi, 3 USB's, decent sized internal memory. Came preloaded with apps like Youtube, Netflix, F/Book etc, added the normal TV apps, LiveNet, Mobdro (dead currently), TVTap and others. Has worked well to date. Bought another, loaded it with apps and sent to the UK, works good there as well.

Return to “Electronic Equipment”