Favourite Music.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Favourite Music.

Post by Irish Alan » May 26, 2008, 1:06 am

aznyron wrote:Jingjai can you post some of your Dino music so we can download it to our pc would love to have his music thank you in advance
Just to be a good boy and stay on topic and answer Ron. Of course I never advocate music piracy or anything... :^o

Ron, do you have Limewire or such like? Just did a search on Limewire and it threw up a few Deano songs.

Thanks to my ma and da I grew up listening to him, Perry Como plus big bands like Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller.

Then I got pocket money and bought my own stuff.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 26, 2008, 1:30 am

There have been some interesting topics about 'favourites' on Udonmap lately.

My favourite music originates with 1950's rock 'n' roll.

Elvis singing Heartbreak Hotel, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Jailhouse Rock and so on.

Gene Vincent, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jackie Wilson, Carl Perkins and Patsy Cline (country and western) are other names that spring to mind.

Later, I saw the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys, Procul Harum, the Moody Blues, the Yardbirds, the Kinks, McKenna-Mendelson Mainline, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Luke and the Apostles and liked them too, and Marianne Faithfull was just so good-looking. Also good-looking was the Hopkins girl and the one who sang the duet with Boccelli, 'Time to Say Good-bye'.

Nowadays I like to listen to classical music, opera and female Thai and Hong Kong singers like Yip Sih-man (Sally Yeh), Fon Tanasoontorn, Punch, Endorphin and others.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 26, 2008, 2:02 am

Anything with a nice beat, melody, etc. suits me just fine. But mood and what I'm doing at the time determines everything for me ...

Driving distance: need "driving music" like Steppenwolf, BTO, Bad Company, etc.

Relaxing at home: Easy Listening

Partying: Well, you get the picture ... 8)

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 26, 2008, 2:18 am

Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, Ronnie Wood - all playing together ,live
2 songs on this video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_k-CL3dJ8k&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_k-CL3dJ8k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

love it =D>

priceless na..............

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 26, 2008, 3:36 am

Dr. John plays 'Pine top boogie' .by,"Pine top Smith"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r79_9p_VTFY&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r79_9p_VTFY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 26, 2008, 3:46 am

Clapton usually fits the bill, no matter what mood, i can find something.

anywhere between sam cooke to frank zappa, little jazz to very little classical. got both Ree and Gem humming Mozart, too funny.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 26, 2008, 9:04 am

My favourite music would be Rock and/or R&B,I suppose.
But this thread has got me thinking of all time great tracks from yesteryear....
Hows about these two:
Riders of the Storm,The Doors.
Baker Street,Gerry Rafferty.

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 26, 2008, 9:26 am

Isn't that a singer in your avatar Zidane?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 26, 2008, 10:54 am

Dr. John
"How come my dog don't bark when you come around"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » May 26, 2008, 1:37 pm

I'm not really a lover of concert DVDs, but I was recommended Dave Gilmour's Royal Albert Hall Concert 'Remember that night,' and I wasn't disappointed.

At 800Baht, it was well worth it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2008, 1:47 pm

Classical/Opera, Sarah Connor, Quo, Queen, ELO, Eagles, Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, Boxcar Willie, Crystal Gale, Edith Piaff, Europe, Clapton, Meatloaf, etc;etc;

Virtually anything that doesn't contain the line "IN MY HEAD" !!

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 26, 2008, 2:09 pm

At 800Baht, it was well worth it
even better at 150 baht, of course from a friend, used ;) ;)

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 26, 2008, 3:12 pm

I've always liked my music to have balls. Think LA Woman, from the year I was born I think, the lead break from Sympathy for the Devil. From home, ACDC circa Long Way to the Top and Midnight Oil- when they were a pub band. Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots (Interstate Love Song), The Foo Fighters.
And I also love hard house, acid house, techno dance crap too - in the right place - at the right time.
And I love strumming old balads on my guitar: Click go the Shears, The dying stockman, The band played waltzing matilda, The boxer........
I have never really liked rap or hip hop.
But each to their own
Watch Me!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 26, 2008, 3:52 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:Isn't that a singer in your avatar Zidane?
Sure is Stan....its Beyonce,former lead singer of Destinys Child(now going solo) and an aspiring actress.
Got into the Destinys Child music in late 1999,when they were just becoming known.
Actually,went to see Beyonce in concert at the Manchester Evening News Arena in 2003.....fantastic entertainment !
A classic track she made as a solo artiste was "Crazy in Love"....I'm sure you know it.
And youve gotta admit.....she's a honey :D :D

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 26, 2008, 4:09 pm

:lol: :lol: I'll definitely admit it :lol: :lol:

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 26, 2008, 4:12 pm

jay z/ beyonce - CRAZY IN LOVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9Zyh9tDg8

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » May 26, 2008, 4:43 pm

Pink Floyd, Bowie and the Beatles. What else is there? ;)

Aside from Jim Morrison and the Doors performing LA Woman.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 26, 2008, 7:36 pm

I like Groovy 60's sounds from the land of smile.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 26, 2008, 9:12 pm

I think I'll borrow that from you BM and tape it.

In school the Beatles were big but I was never really into them till later in life, like last Wednesday.

I thought The Glitter Band were cool... :oops: Then Slade, Mud, T-Rex, Bowie, The Police, Blondie, ELO, Dire Straits, U2 (of course), Doobie, Brothers, The Pretenders, Simple Minds, UB40, Level 42 (Mark individual superb on Bass), Boston, Journey, Rush (Neil Peart amazing on drums), The Eagles, Don Henley, Deacon Blue.

Later on Red Hot Chilli Peppers and here I like Da Endorphine.

Favourite concert was The Eagles' Hell Freezes Over tour when they were arguing in Dublin over who had the biggest trailer.

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 26, 2008, 10:08 pm

Anoushka Shankar Live

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgCpkduEQ7U&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgCpkduEQ7U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Anoushka Shankar - Your Eyes

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjSJfvE7JQg&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjSJfvE7JQg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Return to “Open Forum”