YouTube is back

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Shado
udonmap.com

YouTube is back

Post by Shado » August 30, 2007, 8:28 pm

Youtube is back

The Information and Communications Technology Thursday has lifted the ban on the popular video blog site,Youtube.com.

Information and Communications Technology Minister Sitthichai Pookaiyaudom said that Thailand decided to lift up the block on Youtube after it agreed to block people in Thailand from accessing its clips of which the contents violate the Thai laws.

He added that Youtube just finished creating such blocking programme.

He said that the ministry has nothing to do with the apology message to the Thai individual and Thai people on Youtube but Youtube has taken care the matter by itself.

The site could be now accessed by Thais after the site was banned early May following posting of video clips seen as insulting His Majesty an individual.

The site now has a video clip appeared to be an apology from the person who posted the first clips in mocking of His Majesty.

"I never realise how the Thai individual is important to Thai people ... I never mean to hurt Thai individual" he said in the video entitled "My Apology to the People and an individual" released May 19.

The Nation

Return to “Open Forum”