You gotta be joking

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: You gotta be joking

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2023, 6:51 am

687,000 Christmas lights

NY Home Sets World Record for Most Christmas Lights on a Residential Property
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainmen ... y/3443969/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2023, 8:29 am

Can structures grow due to heat?

To understand how much the Eiffel Tower grows during the summer, let us consider the average temperature differences between winter and summer in Paris. The average temperature in January, the coldest month, is about five °C (41°F), while in July, the hottest month, it is around 20°C (68°F) (2). This gives us a temperature difference of 15°C.

The Eiffel Tower stands 324 meters (1,063 feet) tall (3). With a 15°C temperature increase, the tower would expand by 324 meters x 11 x 10^-6 x 15°C ≈ 0.0534 meters or 53.4 millimeters (4).

53.4 millimeters is just over 2 inches. The Eiffel Tower DOES grow taller during the summer due to thermal expansion.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2023, 8:31 am

In Legal terms if a couple are in their second marriage and both are killed in an accident , who dies first?
And why?

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 22, 2023, 8:49 am

A Kiwi, NZ grandmother who forgot to declare a chicken sandwich that was in her backpack copped a hefty fine at Brisbane Airport. June Armstrong, 77, was travelling from Christchurch to Brisbane on May 2 this year to house-sit for friends, when Australian border force officials told her the sandwich she forgot to declare would set her back an eye-watering $3000.

The pensioner had bought the gluten-free chicken and lettuce sandwich and a muffin at Christchurch Airport ahead of her 4am flight to Australia. She ate some of her muffin and threw the rest away. As for the sandwich, that was sealed, she left it in her bag thinking she’d get back to it during the three-and-a-half hour flight – but she fell asleep.

When she woke up, she filled out the declaration form, as she had prescription medication, however, she completely forgot about the sandwich. “I was just sobbing and said “$NZ3300 for a little sandwich?” Ms Armstrong told the NZ Herald.

She said asked the official who found the sandwich if they could throw it away for her. But after they walked away and came back, they allegedly just said, “Twelve points, $3300”.
She did, but to no avail and eventually ended up coughing up the hefty fine.

Another staffer “strongly advised” her to appeal it within the 28-day payment period.
She did, but to no avail and eventually ended up coughing up the hefty fine.

“My husband kept saying, “Just pay it”. I said, “It’s our pension, we can’t afford this’,” Ms Armstrong told the NZ Herald, adding that they had about $30,000 in savings as well as their pensions.
- - -

It’s not the first time a passenger has copped an eye-watering fine for forgetting to declare a sandwich.
In July last year, Aussie woman Jessica Lee explained that a Subway foot-long she bought in Singapore cost her $2664 after she failed to declare two ingredients.
Info, news.com.au 22 Nov 2023.
- - -

What an utter disgrace racist matter for us whities. I have seen many tv shows in Oz on border security. chinese, indians and middle eastern passengers have been caught carrying multiple kgs meat, fish, fruit and vegetable goods in their handbags/luggage and they only cop a AUD$3-400 fine.

If I were a lawyer in Oz, I would be taking pro bono way Kiwi womans case to appeal. She would not win, but it would highlight the racist way whities are treated by this border force mob.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2023, 8:57 am

Or, they could simply declare their arcane food quarantine laws are not fit for purpose. One thing less for Murdoch's dog whistle television to carp on about.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 22, 2023, 9:10 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2023, 8:57 am
Or, they could simply declare their arcane food quarantine laws are not fit for purpose. One thing less for Murdoch's dog whistle television to carp on about.
It would not matter who reported it, HM Murdoch, the lefty abc or even that guardian.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2023, 11:05 am

Australia is currently free of numerous animal and plant diseases found in other parts of the world, and where their introduction would wreak havoc on both the domestic and export markets.

The cost to the Australian economy would be enormous.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecur ... disease-nd
https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecur ... eeds/plant

There is nothing mysterious or difficult to understand about the fact that you cannot bring food or plant products into Australia without declaring them.

It doesn't matter whether you are white, black, or any colour in between.

The laws, as tough as they are, have served their purpose well, if not 100% successfully.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 22, 2023, 11:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2023, 11:05 am
Australia is currently free of numerous animal and plant diseases found in other parts of the world, and where their introduction would wreak havoc on both the domestic and export markets.
The cost to the Australian economy would be enormous.
https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecur ... disease-nd
https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecur ... eeds/plant
There is nothing mysterious or difficult to understand about the fact that you cannot bring food or plant products into Australia without declaring them.
It doesn't matter whether you are white, black, or any colour in between.
The laws, as tough as they are, have served their purpose well, if not 100% successfully.

So JS do think it was fair and reasonable for those 2 women to be fined $3000 for their laxness in not declaring. How come people from other countries get away with such a palfry fine.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2023, 11:16 am

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 22, 2023, 11:22 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2023, 11:16 am
Keep up at the back, Sport.
https://austorganic.com/dont-be-sorry-j ... ity-goods/
I wish you would JS. Those tv programs I have watched were recent since 2021. I am talking about now. They have targeted whities not chinese indians or mid east countries.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2023, 12:07 pm

On the odd occasion I have watched it, I can't say I really took much notice of the skin colour of those who received penalties. 8)

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 22, 2023, 12:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2023, 12:07 pm
On the odd occasion I have watched it, I can't say I really took much notice of the skin colour of those who received penalties.
'Specsavers' JS 'specsavers'.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2023, 1:53 pm

Sport wrote:
November 22, 2023, 11:22 am
jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2023, 11:16 am
Keep up at the back, Sport.
https://austorganic.com/dont-be-sorry-j ... ity-goods/
I wish you would JS. Those tv programs I have watched were recent since 2021. I am talking about now. They have targeted whities not chinese indians or mid east countries.
Whities should know better, especially signing the declaration which is in English. Every flight plays the mandatory video about the foodstuff declaration at least twice so bloody pay attention.

Maybe the 'stralian government knows they need more "chinese indians or mid east" types to be a successful and relevant world economy so they get a discount on arrival.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2023, 8:33 am

During the filming of Mrs Doubtfire, due to Robin Williams being involved the Director kept 4 cameras running to catch his improvisation. This produced over 2,000,000 feet of film to be reviewed.

https://www.insider.com/robin-williams- ... dQh81e1jqw

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 23, 2023, 10:08 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2023, 1:53 pm
Whities should know better, especially signing the declaration which is in English. Every flight plays the mandatory video about the foodstuff declaration at least twice so bloody pay attention.
Maybe the 'stralian government knows they need more "chinese indians or mid east" types to be a successful and relevant world economy so they get a discount on arrival.
Tam I dont know if you are familiar with modern aircraft or maybe you still think the 'Sopwith Camels' play a role in aviation, the declarations on planes and at terminals are certainly in Inglish along with chinese indian mid east and 2000 other languages. Those 2 women simply forget a sandwich. Whereas those foreigners have the bags packed with foodstuffs, a clear attempt of smuggling, they did not simply forget they had many kgs of possible prohibited items.

No discounts for any arrivals into Oz.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2023, 12:54 pm

The ONLY one Ever Banned

Hear the Only Instrumental Ever Banned from the Radio: Link Wray’s Seductive, Raunchy Song, “Rumble” (1958)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 27, 2023, 11:26 am

I had forgotten about the bearded tit,
Really they should be called moustachioed reedlings, rather than bearded tits: they’re not
part of the tit family and the males sport excellent handlebar moustaches, a little like Tom Selleck circa 1984. These handsome long-tailed birds live in coastal reed beds, such as those at Minsmere in Suffolk, and eat small invertebrates all summer; in autumn they switch to seeds, which get them through the winter. While only about 700 pairs breed in Britain, that number has almost doubled in the past quarter of a century. They give themselves away by calling “Ping! Ping! Ping!” to one another from deep in the reeds. Melissa Harrison
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 28, 2023, 10:04 am

Now that's some hard hitting wild turkey,

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/tu ... -1.7038260
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 29, 2023, 11:26 am

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 2, 2023, 8:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1025133368772185
World record in replacing a car's engine

Royal Marines demonstrate

Return to “Open Forum”