Today is National What Day

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Today is National What Day

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 12:05 am

National-homemade-cookies-day-october-1

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/nat ... -october-1

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 2, 2023, 5:55 am

Whose National Day are we celebrating today, Doodoo: Egypt, Mexico, Syria, Mongolia, Niger, Latvia, Pakistan? Please help.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 7:55 am

Google is always available and willing for help

Hope this helps

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 2, 2023, 11:02 am

Doodoo wrote:
October 2, 2023, 7:55 am
Google is always available and willing for help

Hope this helps
I'm so disappointed in you, Doodoo, because you the Great Helper, flunked the test. You could not help.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 12:03 pm

LULU
If you reread my entry and then step back and give it a moment, I have helped you. Rather than giving you the answer like a parent would do to a child, I have provided you the avenue to obtain the proper answer, something like Teacher would do for a Student.

I would have assumed you would benefit more by this method, but again maybe not.

Again, Hope this helps

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 2, 2023, 12:26 pm

Uncle, I reckon you need to take Doodoo an apple to express your contrition.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 2, 2023, 1:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 2, 2023, 12:26 pm
Uncle, I reckon you need to take Doodoo an apple to express your contrition.
Initially, I was thinking he might go for a Georgia peach. However, I decided that Doodoo deserved a raspberry instead. Is that contrite or what?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 1:50 pm

Now Lulu
you just went and proved that I have to treat you as a Parent would treat a Child and not a Teacher helping a Student

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 4:56 pm

NATIONAL CUSTODIAL WORKER'S RECOGNITION DAY
On October 2nd, National Custodial Worker's Recognition Day encourages appreciation to the employees who keep our schools and workplaces across the nation running smoothly.

The people who would be truly missed if they didnt show up for work

BRAVO

alex034

Post by alex034 » October 3, 2023, 12:22 am

Thanks for the fun food holiday reminder! I never realized September 19th was National Butterscotch Pudding Day. As a lover of all things butterscotch, I'm excited to celebrate by whipping up some smooth and creamy homemade pudding.

Butterscotch pudding is so underrated compared to chocolate and vanilla. It deserves more time in the dessert spotlight! That rich, warm flavor is the perfect ending to any meal. I may even top my pudding with whipped cream and crumbled cookies for a decadent treat.

Food-focused holidays like this are such a tasty way to break up the everyday routine. I'll definitely be observing National Butterscotch Pudding Day and invite others to join in the enjoyment. Desserts like this are meant to be shared!

Let's give this classic, nostalgic flavor the appreciation it deserves calendar 2024 . Thanks again for the delicious reminder of one of my favorite comforting desserts!
Last edited by alex034 on October 4, 2023, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 3, 2023, 9:57 am

alex034 wrote:
October 3, 2023, 12:22 am
Thanks for the fun food holiday reminder! I never realized September 19th was National Butterscotch Pudding Day. As a lover of all things butterscotch, I'm excited to celebrate by whipping up some smooth and creamy homemade pudding.

Butterscotch pudding is so underrated compared to chocolate and vanilla. It deserves more time in the dessert spotlight! That rich, warm flavor is the perfect ending to any meal. I may even top my pudding with whipped cream and crumbled cookies for a decadent treat.

Food-focused holidays like this are such a tasty way to break up the everyday routine. I'll definitely be observing National Butterscotch Pudding Day and invite others to join in the enjoyment. Desserts like this are meant to be shared!

Let's give this classic, nostalgic flavor the appreciation it deserves this September 19th. Thanks again for the delicious reminder of one of my favorite comforting desserts!
'll second that. Butterscotch and caramel are delightful treats. I can hardly wait until the next National Butterscotch Pudding Day, in some nation, rolls around.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 3, 2023, 10:55 am

Buy British Day – October 3, 2023

In 2014 an organization called Best of Britannia organized a Buy British Day event in Clerkenwell, Central London, dedicated to promoting British brands and businesses. However, this was not the first time that a day, or a campaign, was established in honor of supporting British-produced goods.
In 1968, a short-lived campaign called ‘I’m Backing Britain’ was created and put into action by five Surbiton secretaries who agreed to work an extra thirty minutes each day, without pay, to increase productivity and encourage others to do so the same. It drew an enormous response from the British public and quickly turned into a patriotic movement that even got the attention of the then Prime Minister, Harold Wilson.

Some even credit this incredibly random event as the reason for the high visibility of the Union Flag logo that littered the high streets. After that, media proprietor and former Member of Parliament, Robert Maxwell, expressed his desire to take over the campaign by changing its name to ‘Buy British.’ A few months before putting the plan into action, it was realized the campaign had not made an impact on businesses or the economy at all, and it was eventually scrapped.

It is said that, in 2014, this old, scrapped, and patriotic campaign was given a new life, probably by the Best of Britannia. Since the 1960s, the British public has once again taken to buying British goods.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2023, 11:35 am

A problem with buying British post war was quality. More than anything else, the auto industry produced a lot of rubbish. Jaguars were notorious for being unreliable, BMC had some howlers so a major industry went South, bad management and hopeless unions did Britain no favours
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 3, 2023, 12:13 pm

True Whistler
I had a cousin that was a Licensed Jaguar Mechanic had his own shop and worked for many people who thought they were buying a topnotch piece of equipment. Unfortunately he owned a Jaguar himself and while on vacation he had to pull it into a garage and work on it himself. This was the only one he ever owned.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 4, 2023, 1:29 pm

GOLF DAY

The modern game of golf may have originated in 15th century Scotland. However, it is unclear and very much debated as to its ancient origins.

The world’s oldest golf tournament is The Open Championship. Its first tournament played on October 17, 1860, at Prestwick Golf Club in Ayrshire, Scotland.Golf in the United States:

1779 – The Royal Gazette of New York City posted an advertisement for golf clubs and golf balls.
1796 – The Georgia Gazette publishes notice of an annual general meeting for a golf club in Savannah.
Golf became firmly established in the late 19th century.
1894 – Delegates from the Newport Country Club, Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, Yonkers, New York, The Country Club, Chicago Golf Club, and Shinnecock Hills Golf Club met in New York City to form what became the United States Golf Association (USGA).
1910 – There were 267 Clubs affiliated to the USGA.
1922 – Walter Hagen became the first native-born American to win the British Open Championship.
1932 – There were more than 1,100 Clubs affiliated to the USGA.
1980 – Over 5,908 Clubs affiliated to the USGA.
2013 – Over 10,600 Clubs affiliated to the USGA.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 5, 2023, 1:04 pm

NATIONAL DO SOMETHING NICE DAY
Each year on October 5, people across the USA observe National Do Something Nice Day.

Some things that takes very little time at all and almost no effort include:

Noticing someone's signal in traffic and allowing them into your lane.
Picking up the neighbor's newspaper on your daily walk and placing it within easy reach.
Opening a door for another person.
Giving your place in line to the person with only three items.
Tipping your service staff an extra dollar or two more than you usually would.
Give a compliment.
Encourage a student with an idea for a solution.
Read to a child.
Listen to someone who is lonely.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 5, 2023, 2:06 pm

Today is National Caribbean Civility Day.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-cari ... ility-day/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2023, 4:00 pm

National Poetry Day.

The Tay, the Tay. The silvery Tay,
The greatest river on this Earth
It passes the shipyards every day,
And up and down to Perth.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 6, 2023, 8:29 am

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2023, 10:11 am

National Badger Day
6 October 2023
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/badger-day/

Return to “Open Forum”