Instructions

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Instructions

Post by stattointhailand » December 30, 2022, 12:54 pm

Is it just me getting older or do companies now deliberately make instructions almost unreadable?
Daughter wanted one of these cloth wardrobes (wooden one not good enough :-" ) so as only a few hundred I ordered it for her. Flat pack arrived together with assembly instructions and 93 pieces. Now when I think of instructions I think of 4 or 5 pages of A4 paper with writing and diagrams, what we got was a 6 x4 inch sheet which had instructions in two languages so 3 x 4 for each language , and this included 20 mini pictures (10 in each) with instructions written on each picture. Needless to say even with my glasses on and using a magnifying glass the writing was still a load of white dots on a blue background. I know we are trying to save the rainforests but this is taking it too far

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Instructions

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2022, 1:15 pm

old.jpg
:D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 30, 2022, 1:25 pm

Yeah, the instructions are about that size :lol:

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 30, 2022, 10:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 30, 2022, 12:54 pm
Is it just me getting older or do companies now deliberately make instructions almost unreadable?
Blame the lawyers. Manufacturers are trying to protect themselves against liability lawsuits.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 31, 2022, 9:03 am

I am afraid instructions are printed as cheaply as they can in order to satisfy as mentioned legal requirements, no-opne has yet tested the fact they ar unreadable in court and in any event most can find assistance etc o the Internet now .
P0luis how many of us actually read the instructions anyway in building stuff small o large most of us have commonsense and using logic you can normally work it out. the only bit i am really inteested in the table of contnets if what you have bears no relation to that then making it is impossible ..
In the UK many companies went flat pack, self assembly so after a fw times you ended up with loads of screws, glue packs, even `dowls etc and you learnt quickly after one or two cupboards fell apart etc`.

Return to “Open Forum”