Covid in Countries

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Covid in Countries

Post by Doodoo » November 25, 2022, 7:06 pm

Numbers still being reported from Australia and Japan
Japan at 117,840

November 25 (Udon date) New cases 12,017

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Covid in Countries

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 25, 2022, 7:47 pm

Do you have any covid numbers for China, doodoo?

Any information could be helpful.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 25, 2022, 7:56 pm

Yes - perhaps you could start a new thread with that data Doodoo.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 25, 2022, 8:08 pm

Away you go fellas
I see you can type so off you go

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » November 25, 2022, 8:35 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 25, 2022, 8:08 pm
Away you go fellas
I see you can type so off you go
Fook me unreal, go get another jab, that will fix ya.....

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 25, 2022, 11:46 pm

I had my 4th vaccination at the community centre the other night and I reckon I'm ruddy fireproof now.

I'm in England...thanks.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 26, 2022, 6:03 am

Earnest wrote:
November 25, 2022, 11:46 pm
I had my 4th vaccination at the community centre the other night and I reckon I'm ruddy fireproof now.

I'm in England...thanks.
Well, I'm going to Trump you on the weekend with a flu shot and my fifth covid vaccination at the local grocery store (Loblaw). I'm in British North America.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 26, 2022, 6:34 am

Damn and blast!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 26, 2022, 2:59 pm

well I'm right here in Udon. Both the wife and I tested positive for COVID this last week. body aches, congestion, headaches, fatigue.. Both of us seem to be almost through it after 4-5 days.. So, its here in Udon and likely was picked up by the wife at the Temple last week even though she wears a mask, except of course when eating and gossiping with the other old biddies...
Dave

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2022, 3:55 pm

Australia reports 3,695 new cases and
South Korea 52,648

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 26, 2022, 8:11 pm

In the UK, there have been 24 million reported cases (obviously an underestimate) and 196,000 deaths to date. Currently, about 10,000 cases a day get reported (most cases no longer get reported), and about 100 deaths a day. Those numbers have been pretty consistent over the last 6 months.

Here in Udon, my family got hit in August, all but one getting it. At my daughters school, about one case per class per week.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2022, 10:16 pm

Countries that had harder lock downs, were slow to get people double-jabbed while in international isolation and took too long to relax and reopen are "discovering" the variants and infection rates that the less restricted nations have already experienced.

Nothing to see here, move along now.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 20, 2022, 11:38 am

Is china about to have huge number of covid cases
epidemiologists estimate more than 60 per cent of China and 10 per cent of the Earth’s population is likely to be infected with the virus over the next 90 days.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 20, 2022, 11:48 am

I had 2 Pfizer, had quite a few exposures to covid including my partner waking up one morning with obvious Covid symptoms and confirmed Delta varient. I have never tested positive, but did self isolate when exposed. I also wear a mask in public and wash hands frequently, though not obsessive.

Some of us lucky ones seem to have a strong enough immune system to cope. Hope it stays that way.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 12:17 pm

The tam commune who's numbers hover around 9 depending on what's for dinner, has only ever had 1 confirmed positive case about 6 months back; the 17 year old male cousin. He isolated in my shed (I was away) and nobody else got it. I had all the symptoms about 6 weeks ago but didn't test positive and didn't isolate. Nobody else got it. I had just got back from Australia.

Apart from Yai who only had 1 Chinese jab (bad reaction and refuses to get anything else) and the youngest pair of lads who have had no shots (5 and 7 years old), all squatters are double-jabbed and boostered.

On my work assignments, everyone must be minimum double jabbed + 1 booster. The mandatory PCR testing at the start of the projects sees roughly a 5 to 8% failure rate on crew who are joining from all parts of the globe. Most all are asymptomatic. Standard self-isolation/quarantine in place until two negative tests (typically after about 5 days) and maintain the mask mandates for 10 days until "bubble" established. Any late or new crew joining the "bubble" have their own 'isolated' dining area, can't use lounges, library, gym or movie theater and wear a mask for the first 10 days.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 20, 2022, 1:41 pm

the wife and I got our two Pfizers then a booster jab 3-4 months later. But, that was what back in 2021? So, by all the news on the various vaccines the efficacy of those would be near nil after such a long time. The wife and I both contracted COVID around 15 November. Likely from her yakking it up at the Temple with other old folks.. Light symptoms, a bit of fever, body aches, congestion. Lasted a couple of weeks with both of us testing negative ATK home test after about 10 days.. The wife tested positive first and insisted I take her to BKK Hospital. They did another test in their outside COVID "clinic" which is outside the old entrance. Since she tested positive she got a masked/gowned 2 minute sitdown with a doctor who prescribed her 3 thousand baht worth of medicines with the expense being some antivirals. I ATK tested positive 2 days later, didn't got to the hospital and took only paracetamol and some anithistamines to clear up my congestion..
Dave

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 20, 2022, 2:55 pm

Jim went to the hospital last week for a breathing problem which had been recurring for the last few weeks
Had been tested previously week and was negative till last Monday, positive got locked up for 3 days
went home because felt fine only to relapse 2 days later and spent the next few days in hospital

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 7:38 pm

What's Jim's age and Covid shot record?

I am toying with getting jab #4 (second booster) but was waiting until either a countr, client or contractor mandated it. I believe in letting one's own immune system face these challenges but if there's evidence that the already fully vaccinated over 60's do need another shot, I'll add that to the list.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 20, 2022, 7:56 pm

Jim is in his 70s
He has had at least 1 booster
Phil took a couple to the booster centre last week
Wife got shot,
Husband has to go back as not have his paperwork only passport

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 20, 2022, 8:14 pm

tamada wrote:
December 20, 2022, 7:38 pm
I believe in letting one's own immune system face these challenges but if there's evidence that the already fully vaccinated over 60's do need another shot, I'll add that to the list.
Given that you believe in letting the immune system work by itself, your decision depends greatly on how you define "need", no?

Return to “Open Forum”